If you added on points...

We added on to have the home resort advantage for the resorts we want to stay at with the whole family. This includes HHI & VB!:thumbsup2

Eventually I will add on again to be able to divide the contracts evenly between the kids someday.

We added on twice to be able to afford a 1 or 2 bedroom during Spring Break (the season that requires most amount of points).

Like GrumpyBelle, we will add on in the future so both my kids have an even number of points... but it will be awhile!

We added on due the point chart reallocation. I was mad....I would have initially bought more points to begin with if I knew the trip we liked to take was going to go up by 20 points the following year. So eventually we added on.

Reason #1 - we stay in 1 bedrooms and we know that as DD gets older and when we invite family and friends along, we'll make use of 2 bedrooms more often. We just didn't have the points available to do that.

Reason #2 - we wanted to own at BWV.

Reason #3 - we want to make our trips longer than they are now.

We bought back in 2000. At that time a smaller room was just right. But as the kids have grown, we needed a larger room. That and the fact that we usually go when schools are on vacation thus peak times, we wanted more points.
We originally had 210 then we added two 50 point contracts. So now we have much more flexibility and we can save our points and bring the entire family. Something that we have really enjoyed!!

D

I think the others have pretty well summed it up for me.

We wanted to upgrade our villa options.
We wanted to stay more often.
We wanted the home resort advantage and multiple resorts.

Wanted to own at BWV and wanted to spend more time at WDW when we retire.

This is why we added on. We originally had 200 points and were a family of three. We figured that would get us down there for a six night and a four-five night trip each year. Then we had twins and needed more space. We also like longer trips with the bigger family (getting there is quite a feat). We now have 700 points. It will be enough for us to spend Jan/Feb in a studio when we retire. We rarely have any extra and if we do, we rent them to family and friends and if helps cover the maintenance fees. Heading down this week for a 40th birthday celebration.

Currently own 260 pts with a Dec UY.
Currently have 28 pts left in 2012.
Currently have 198 pts left in 2013.
Planning on a trip 2013 Fall.

Did I mention the December UY?
IDK, so far we're making the pts work but...:stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!