If we can keep this trip a secret, it will be a Disney miracle! *TR LINK ADDED 12/12!*

Having to wait that long to get going is what my nightmares are made of. I can't imagine going throught it in real life. Hopefully the day turned out well.

Caught up!

I love that you're planning out the trips for the next few years! I'm only at May 2016 :)

What did you decide with BOG and FOF?

Love that it's still a surprise!

Yay legoland! We are deliberately leaving it for our second trip the one with just our family rather then with everyone for a reason. The same reason we are going back to Disney World for a second trip 10ish months after the first one. If we don't get the things done we want on the first trip, which is likely since I don't think I am going to even get FP+ done at all, let alone 60 days out, considering we are less then 6 months out and only have accommodations for half of us and that piece at least my Mom is semi worried about. I don't expect tickets until the week before we leave if that.

Oh wow, I would have a hard time dealing with that much last minute planning! But I think you'll have a great time at Legoland next year! It really is a fun park!

I love my family, but they have the same, we'll get there when we get there thing going on. If people tell me, we'll be ready by 8, I expect them ready at 8, maybe 8:15, not at 9 or 9:30, which happens far too often. I am just hoping everyone makes it to the ADRs we scheduled for the January trip, I hold out minor hope since my sister tends to be better then some of the other family members about time, so I just have to worry about my parents.

Yes, it's like a schedule rarely matters to them. I'm secretly happy they have never wanted to join us for any Disney trips since I just couldn't handle that!

Thanks for the Legoland update! Look forward to seeing more! :goodvibes

Thanks! Hopefully I'll get another update done later this week!

Coming over from your last TR - though obviously way behind.

Thanks for joining in!

Sounds like it will be a fun trip thought. Glad to see you got the ADRs you wanted. We haven't done T-Rex before as my kids found it very loud in there (and the giant animatronic T-Rex in the front freaked them out) but have heard pretty good things about it. We have used the dig area out front though - it uses the same material that the dig area in the bone-yard in AK uses, so not real sand, which is great.

The boys love dinosaurs (who doesn't?!) so I know they will be excited. I have heard that it is really loud, especially in the meteor room? I know they'll have a great time in the dig area too!

Side note as you may appreciate this given the planner you are: I am trying to schedule our ADRs for our October Disneyland trip and they still haven't released park hours for October yet so a lot of the in-park restaurants are still not taking ADRs yet. As someone used to planning WDW trips the idea of being 7 weeks out an not knowing park hours or being able to book all ADRs is kinda freaking me out. :eek:

I've been following along with your PTR and I've gathered that it's an entirely different world than WDW. I know you must be stressing without any ADRs! I did hear that there is a new app out for Disneyland so that will be nice for your trip!

Glad you settled on a resort too and that is great you got the pin and the 15% off - better location for less $ is always good

I'm excited to experience Pop. It seems very classic Disney to me and I know the boys will love the huge statues! It seems like a great spot for a quick trip when we won't be spending much time in the room.

Those are really cool - we've been looking for things for our upcoming Disneyland Trip and I see she makes some 60th anniversary ones so think that may be a possibility. Thanks for posting this! :thumbsup2

I just received my bows in the mail and they are really great. I would order them now because they took about 6 weeks to arrive. I think she has a rush option if you want them to arrive quickly!

I really like Bush Gardens Williamsburg, though it has been a while since we have been there. Actually, last time we found out we were expecting our first child (actually just in time so that my wife was unable to go on any of the roller coasters) .... might be time to go back again given that my oldest really loves roller coasters. (though disappointed my favorite there (Big Bad Wolfe) got made over to something else)

It's a beautiful park! We go almost every year when we visit my parents. There are some great coasters there. Big Bad Wolf was one of my favorites as well! I do think my new favorite is the Griffon. Plus they have that huge Land of the Dragons and a Sesame Street area, so plenty of kids rides!

I think your plans for the day sound pretty darn good and I think even being "red", the time you are going and with FP+, etc. you should be fine. Only thing I might question is if a 2:20 ADR for BOG (even if just for dessert) gives you enough time to get out and get spots for watching the 3pm FOF
edit: just saw in a later update that you noticed this

I'm hoping that the crowds will be at a nice low point, being right at the end of Thanksgiving. I think I've decided to keep the BOG reservation and just plan on seeing FOF during our May trip.

Oh, and for the 3rd FP, of the options you listed I'd probably say Big Thunder, although an option might to be to get it for the parade so you have that spot set.

I have thought about using the FP for the parade but I'm worried that we would be fighting crowds to reach our FP area. I do think we're going to use it on Big Thunder and hopefully ride in on standby shortly after the park opens. It's scheduled to be down for refurb during our May trip so I know we want to get a few rides in if we can!

You are becoming a pro with handling all the kids and stuff at an airport ... I mean, the youngest falls asleep while walking down the aisle? That and some black belt level stuff right there!

That is cool that they have a play area and even better that it is in a gated off area. :thumbsup2

We've had really good luck scheduling our flights so far! And that play area is a parent's dream!

Great that you got a Minnie's Breakfast! I definitely think it makes sense to keep the focus on Christmas related activities - especially the Osborne Lights as this very well may be the last year they have them

I'm very excited for the Minnie dinner! It should be very "Christmasy" indeed! I've heard the rumors about the Osborne lights so I'm glad that we're getting the chance to see them this year!

I think your long term trip planning sounds good. I bit jealous of your solo trip plans ... I would love to do that or at least an adults only one. I actually have tentative plans out about that far as well, ending with DCL in 2018 as well (though targeting president's week in February which will also be for my 40th birthday) - though the new rule change for alcohol has me bummed

Long term Disney planning is fun! I have heard that DCL can be addictive so we'll see what happens past 2018. And I'm very excited about my upcoming solo trip!

Oh, I have similar experience with my in-laws as detailed plans ahead of time are not their sort of thing. We always host for Christmas and they never know until right before if they car coming, how many days they are coming for, who from the family is coming, etc. To them it's not a big deal just going to a family house but I am like "um, we'd like to have some idea of how much food we need to have in the house, how many beds we need to account for, etc." Fortunately for vacation planning they just let us handle everything and then anything for them to pay for they give us the money after the fact.

That describes holidays with my in laws exactly! It's so frustrating, right? I don't need to know the plan down to the minute. But it would be nice to know which state I'll be in for Christmas! I think they would be happy to go along with any plans we made at Disney but to actually get them moving each day would be a struggle!

Legoland looks fun! We thought about it for the upcoming San Deigo/Disneyland trip but just couldn't justify the cost. Some day though.

It is an expensive day trip on top of the cost of other parks. For Lego lovers, it's something to check out. The mini land alone was amazing!

Having to wait that long to get going is what my nightmares are made of. I can't imagine going throught it in real life. Hopefully the day turned out well.

It was so frustrating! I did my best just to breathe and try to go with the flow. All for the greater good of happier vacation! But I was biting my tongue the whole time!

Caught up!

I love that you're planning out the trips for the next few years! I'm only at May 2016 :)

What did you decide with BOG and FOF?

Love that it's still a surprise!

I could make a list out several more years but I try to keep the crazy planning girl in check a little!

I think we're going to stick with BOG and then plan on seeing FOF in May. I just don't think we'll have enough time to eat at BOG and make it to the parade route.

I'm so excited about the surprise! Now I'm working on ideas for the big reveal!

Hi, I’m late but am following along and catching up! Your trip sounds wonderful! My friends and I went in 2012 just after Thanksgiving, and after that Saturday, the parks were so empty! In fact, I recommended to my parents that they go to WDW the first week of December to check out all the holiday decorations. It’s such a beautiful and even more magical time to be at WDW!

Okay, those magical ribbons to put on Minnie ears are so darn cute! Now I’m going to need to look into those for my upcoming trip!

I’m currently working in DC and am staying in Alexandria. I was just at the Sculpture Garden and Natural History Museum. DC is great for sightseeing, so much to see and do! I’m not a fan of the traffic, though.

Looking forward to more updates! :goodvibes

Hi, I’m late but am following along and catching up! Your trip sounds wonderful! My friends and I went in 2012 just after Thanksgiving, and after that Saturday, the parks were so empty! In fact, I recommended to my parents that they go to WDW the first week of December to check out all the holiday decorations. It’s such a beautiful and even more magical time to be at WDW!

Thanks for joining in!

That's so good to hear that the crowds were so manageable after Thanksgiving! I've heard that it's a really great time to go. I'm so excited to see MK all decked out for Christmas!

Okay, those magical ribbons to put on Minnie ears are so darn cute! Now I’m going to need to look into those for my upcoming trip!

They are really cute! I'll post a picture of my ribbons soon. They did take almost 2 months to arrive but I did see an express ship option if you want to try and order them before your trip!

I’m currently working in DC and am staying in Alexandria. I was just at the Sculpture Garden and Natural History Museum. DC is great for sightseeing, so much to see and do! I’m not a fan of the traffic, though.

I really love DC! We usually visit once a year since it's fairly close. I love the museums and restaurants but the traffic is ridiculous! When I drive from PA down to visit my parents in VA, I avoid the DC area if it's at all close to rush hour.

Looking forward to more updates! :goodvibes

More coming soon!

"No, we're not going to Disney this time..." TR Part 3 - More Legoland

After our late start ( :scared: ), we knew we would only be able to squeeze in a few attractions before lunch was necessary.

Our first stop took us through Duplo Valley!

This is a toddler friendly, farm themed area. The only ride was a short tractor ride. There were only a few families in line so we hopped in the queue and waited less than 10 minutes.

The theme was super cute - lots of Duplo animals and farm accessories!

Jake was my driver for our trip!

Nate and my MIL were behind us.

Colin and my SIL were in front but I didn't get a picture of them.

It was about 11:30 at this point and we were already HOT! We noticed an indoor play area right across from the train ride, so in we went! :thumbsup2

Jake noticed one of the classic Duplo guys outside and he recognized him from our Duplo basket at home so we said hi!

I'm pretty sure he was trying to hold his hand here? Jake kept saying "We have one at our house! We have one at our house!" He was quite excited!

The play area had lots of little barns/houses with steps and slides. The boys had a blast. And best of all, it was air conditioned!

There was also a room with some Duplo tables that we checked out.

There was a nice restroom and a baby care center in this building. We did the potty and diaper change routine before heading out to find lunch.

Colin noticed the Duplo guy on the way out and wanted a picture too!

It was close to noon at this point and we were all hungry. We checked the map and saw a good lunch spot in the next area - Lego Kingdoms!

Belated Double Digit Dance!

33 Days until FP+
93 Days until Disney!

Secret Status - :ssst: :thumbsup2

The secret is still safe with me and Santa Goofy!

So...sorry for the long break between updates again. I was out of town, shocker right? :rotfl: But this was the last trip before school starts next week. And with Nate starting Kindergarten this year, taking days off from school will be a little more difficult...have to save up those absences for Disney, right? :thumbsup2

Oh and be sure to think of me on Monday morning when I send Nate off on the big school bus for the first time. Because I will most likely be sobbing uncontrollably. :sad:

But on to Disney business!

While I was away, a big milestone passed by...double digit dance time! :cool1:

So naturally, any celebration had to be quiet

But on the inside, I was living it up!

And now that we’re down to 93 days, it’s getting even more real! :goodvibes

So, what else would I do but go on a major Disney shopping spree! :confused3

Yay!

And I may have gone a little overboard but it was actually a really logical and financially sound decision.

I charged everything to my Disney Visa...which will be paid in full at statement time! And I get Disney Rewards Dollars for it...essentially a Disney Gift Card. So in purchasing these items I am really contributing to our Disney Vacation Fund in the form of Rewards Dollars. Are you with me? :teacher: :thumbsup2

So, the haul! Apologies ahead of time for the pictures taken in my messy basement laundry room!

First, I got lots of fun shirts for the boys at Old Navy during back to school shopping.

Stars Wars shirts for each boy - left to right it will be Jake, Colin, and Nate. We’ll use these for our Christmas trip and for May so they will get plenty of use out of them.

This one is for Nate and it’s a little big now. But it was only $4.97 and I know he will wear it at some point.

Next up was a quick trip to Target and I found this cute Mickey bag in the Dollar Spot. How perfect for our under the stroller bag?

There were lots of Princess options as well but this one will be more widely accepted by everyone!

My next shopping destination was Kohls and I found this cute Mickey shirt for Jake.

And of course, plenty of Star Wars gear for Nate.

He will wear most of this to school as well so it’s not designated as trip only clothing.

And lastly, where I got into the most trouble...Disney Store online.

I started with some t-shirts. On sale for $15 each! A total bargain, right? And I need a Little Mermaid shirt!

Oh and these cute long sleeve shirts. It’s going to be chilly in November/December. Totally a necessary purchase, right?

And finally, my love. :lovestruc

Seriously, it leaves me a little breathless! And I have 3 glass slippers!

This was a total splurge for myself. Jim and I don’t get each other any Christmas presents outside of stocking stuffers. And we keep birthday presents and other holidays super low key. So I was just combining all those holidays into something super pretty! It all evens out, yes? :rolleyes1

Sigh.

Seriously, it's a great bag. It's nylon versus leather. There are plenty of pockets on the inside and it's really roomy. And the rainbow zipper! :love:

Ok, that’s all of the shopping craziness for now! I need to wrap up my October 2014 TR and then get to work on my spreadsheets since FP+ day is approaching!

Okay, that Duplo Valley is just way too cute! Izzy would LOVE that. And so cute that the boys recognized their Duplo guy.

5e06e9e6-8882-4402-8fb9-3fe08ebb6aa2_zpshh9ggr4o.jpg
Izzy has that middle shirt!

Wow, you really DID go on a shopping spree! Really cute! Love all your stuff!

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!! YAY!! And you're so close to FP+ day!

I love all your purchases- all totally justifiable too! Love the shirts you bought for yourself and the bag is so so awesome :)

More double digit dancing! Yay!

Thanks for dancing with me! :mickeyjum

Love this Disney math - approved!

I love the Lego Star Wars shirt, and your Little Mermaid shirt as well. And the bag is great, you will be a stylish Disney gal!

Disney math is super special and always seems to justify another trip or fun Disney treat!

I really love all our Disney gear! The last thing on my list are some shirts for the Christmas party!

Yay for double digits!

I LOVE that purse! OMG! I may have to look into buying one!

Thanks, the countdown is moving FAST now! :goodvibes

I am so in love with that bag. I debated for months about getting it but I'm really happy I did now!

Double digit dance! :jumping1::cheer2::dancer:

That bag is way cute! Congrats on the fun purchase.

Thanks for dancing with me! :dogdance:

I'm so happy I got the bag - I went back and forth for months but so glad I decided to get it!

Okay, that Duplo Valley is just way too cute! Izzy would LOVE that. And so cute that the boys recognized their Duplo guy.

It was a really cute area - the whole farm animal theme was fun!

Izzy has that middle shirt!

I knew that shirt looked familiar from somewhere on DisBoards!

Wow, you really DID go on a shopping spree! Really cute! Love all your stuff!

To be fair, it was spread out over 2 weeks! And remember the Disney math!

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!! YAY!! And you're so close to FP+ day!

I love all your purchases- all totally justifiable too! Love the shirts you bought for yourself and the bag is so so awesome :)

Yay, double digits makes the countdown move so much faster! :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm so excited about everything but the bag is my favorite! Now I just need to find shirts for the Christmas party!

Oh I can't even imagine when I can do double digit dance! Our ADRs lol:) The bag is awesome! I haven't touched The Disney Store because I know it'll be trouble. Patiently waiting...while I tap my foot. I did order a bag that is going to be made and I'm beyond uber excited! I actually indeed it before our trip was planned. Can't wait to keep reading and see how the shh...surprise works out:)

While I was away, a big milestone passed by...double digit dance time! :cool1:
Time to DANCE!!! (Even if it's belated...)

QGWe20kQnTrCE.gif

Xdcj75alQutVe.gif

f4HKhEZDnk8Mg.gif

So, what else would I do but go on a major Disney shopping spree! :confused3

Yay!

Seems legit. :thumbsup2

And I may have gone a little overboard but it was actually a really logical and financially sound decision.

I charged everything to my Disney Visa...which will be paid in full at statement time! And I get Disney Rewards Dollars for it...essentially a Disney Gift Card. So in purchasing these items I am really contributing to our Disney Vacation Fund in the form of Rewards Dollars. Are you with me? :teacher: :thumbsup2
See? Totally legit, totally reasonable. ::yes::

Next up was a quick trip to Target and I found this cute Mickey bag in the Dollar Spot. How perfect for our under the stroller bag?

Maaaaaan. That Target Dollar Spot always has some of the best stuff! I love that bag! :goodvibes

And lastly, where I got into the most trouble...Disney Store online.

Love these! And I've been eyeballing that grey Minnie shirt myself! ::MinnieMo

You are the seond PTR/TR I've seen this bag featured on in the last few days! Not that I mind, it's SO CUTE. The thing with Dooneys is that fabric placement, and you got an AWESOME one. It's perfect! :cutie:

Seriously, it leaves me a little breathless! And I have 3 glass slippers!

See? Perfect! :-)

This was a total splurge for myself. Jim and I don’t get each other any Christmas presents outside of stocking stuffers. And we keep birthday presents and other holidays super low key. So I was just combining all those holidays into something super pretty! It all evens out, yes? :rolleyes1

It totally evens out! Seriously, this bag is so stinkin' adorable. The only reason I don't have one is the strap isn't long enough for me. Sigh. Maybe someday! :goodvibes

Seriously, it's a great bag. It's nylon versus leather. There are plenty of pockets on the inside and it's really roomy. And the rainbow zipper! :love:
I didn't even notice the rainbow zipper until you said that! :eek: SO CUTE!

Ok, that’s all of the shopping craziness for now! I need to wrap up my October 2014 TR and then get to work on my spreadsheets since FP+ day is approaching!
Gimme them spreadsheets, girl!!! I wanna see! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter