1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

If we bring our own alcohol....

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KelseyLaPerle, Mar 27, 2013.

1. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

That would explain a lot... maybe that's why the food was never hot they had to stop and chug a few rounds between courses :rotfl2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Beermam42

Beermam42 Grit and bear it

We brough two bottles of Crown and 18 single wine servings. Three adults, way overkill. Drink of the day was only $4.75. I was the person in charge of liquor. Had back pack, they scanned it. Never said a word.
    We got in room at 1:30 and stweadest was right their. Asked for bucketof ice, she said would be around 5 before that service started. Gave her 10 dollars, next thing their was ice, and it was full for the whole 6 days. Had a guy at adult area that became part of the GROUP, he had gallon rum in back pack and would pull it out and mix another one all day long. No one said a word to him. He was discreat about it.

4. oliverdj

oliverdj Mouseketeer

Was that full size bottles of Crown? Or half size?

I'm wondering if they would have an issue if I brought on board the full size 750ml ??

Oh, where did you find the single serving of wine?

Thanks!

5. sandrakit

sandrakit Mouseketeer

Our friend brought 2 bottles of Crown Royal , 66 oz each in his backpack ! Security wanted to know if they could be friends ...

6. Beermam42

Beermam42 Grit and bear it

We brough two bottles of Crown and 18 single wine servings. Three adults, way overkill. Drink of the day was only $4.75. I was the person in charge of liquor. Had back pack, they scanned it. Never said a word.
    We got in room at 1:30 and stweadest was right their. Asked for bucketof ice, she said would be around 5 before that service started. Gave her 10 dollars, next thing their was ice, and it was full for the whole 6 days. Had a guy at adult area that became part of the GROUP, he had gallon rum in back pack and would pull it out and mix another one all day long. No one said a word to him. He was discreat about it.

7. El Cid 94

El Cid 94 Duty is the sublimest word in the English language

Well-stated!

8. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Their policy is that you can bring alcohol on in your carry-on. They don't care how much.

9. ChloroFiend

ChloroFiend DIS Veteran

^^This. DW and I brought 2 750mL bottles of liquor, 2 flasks, and 4 splits of champagne on-board without security batting an eye.

10. oliverdj

oliverdj Mouseketeer

This is awesome. The first time around I was nervous about bringing on board a large amount, but this time around im going to have a designated carry on filled with the booze :)

Thanks for the replies!

11. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

I totally agree. We have been trying to keep this nice little perk, but if DCL decides to many people are ignoring the rules they may take it away.

The bottom line folks, is please obey the rules, we are all on the same playing field, no one is above the rules.:thumbsup2

AKK

12. MichiganDVC

MichiganDVC Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-co

Like someone either said earlier on this thread or in a different thread, Disney already has your money...unlike Carnival where the rates are so cheap and they expect to make their money back on booze and gambling. Perhaps Disney figures that the extra thousand dollars a person to sail on their ship is worth having a few adults bring a bottle of booze and consume it in place of Disney booze.
    Having said that I'm leaving Sunday for my first Disney cruise, and I will have plenty of booze with me. However I also fully intend to purchase many drinks on the ship, such as your usual piƱa colada type drinks that I can't necessarily make in the room and also any beers I might want. DCL is going to get their booze money from me and I'm bringing a ton of booze on the ship. ;-)

13. TgrFans

TgrFans Fourth time around....

What if I purchase a mixed drink in one of the bars, am I allowed to ring it to the MDR??? I don't want anyone thinking I mixed it in my room and I'm trying to sneak it in!!

14. moomy-san

moomy-san I'd rather be in O'Gills.

You can take it with you anywhere you want :)
    We often got a drink before dinner and took it to the MDR.

15. Mickey3Boys

Mickey3Boys Aarrgg mi mousies!!!

Just FYI- I brought a bottle of wine and only drank 1/2 because I discovered their martini bar and poolside drinks!!

16. noahsmom

noahsmom 2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 -

We use a carry on size rolling suitcase for our alcohol. Wrapping some tshirts around the bottles reduces the clanking/clinking noise. :rolleyes1

Last cruise we didn't drink all that we brought on, so this summer we are greatly reducing what we bring on board. Probably just some rum for DH. I really like the beer in 687 and it's reasonably priced. Someone asked about taking your alcohol on CC. Yes, we've always taken a few beers to the beach. You can also get a bucket of ice from one of the bars to chill them in.