1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

If not on DDP will I pay Adult price for my 10 yr old daughter at Buffet?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by alldiz, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom2of2

mom2of2 <font color=blue>Let the good times strolllllll!<b

Justify it however you like but its lying and cheating and no, I havent ever done it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SarahKate

SarahKate DIS Veteran

Not true that "we have all done it." my daughter is 10 and I have never, ever lied about her age to save a buck. And the excuse that Disney is making money either way is just a cop out. It is wrong, plain and simple. There's really no way to justify it. It's not Disney's problem that your child eats like a bird. They set the rules. At a regular restaurant, yes, you can absolutely buy a kids meal. Adults even order them. But at a buffet it's based on age.

It may seem like a little white lie that's harmless but kids are like sponges. I'm not a perfect parent at ALL but lying is non negotiable in our family. If us paying adult prices is a deal breaker, then we just don't go.

4. pooh4evr

pooh4evr Mouseketeer

Can 2 kids say 12 and 10 split an adult meal at a TS restaurant, when paying OOP?

5. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

It's so hard to be honest these days :rolleyes1

I get it. It sucks to pay an adult price for someone that eats a small amount. But, IT SUCKS. It doesn't mean you don't do it.

You're going to be uncomfortable lying (at least I'd hope so... unless this is a regular occurrence), your daughter will be uncomfortable hearing it.

Big believer in if I don't like the rules I stay away. If you don't like the price, go somewhere else. :confused3 I'm not looking forward to the day my 7 year old hits 10. She's in the 5% range for height and weight. Tiny. I'll still be paying the prices she should be paying.

Don't they put ages on the KTTW? I can't remember. But if they do, and someone asks to see it, wouldn't it be embarrassing if you lied?

6. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

I agree 10 is still too young to charge for an adult. Now my 13 yr old son I would have no problem paying adult price. I buy him adult meals now. Now my 10 yr old dd eats just as much as her 7 yr old sister. I can understand the ticket prices the way they are but I think they should change the policy for the DP and buffets. Just like the age for the resorts is older they could do the same for this too.

7. Maggie'sMom

Maggie'sMom DIS Veteran

At most non-buffet/non-family style meals, it won't be a problem for a 10 year old to order off the kids' menu. There may be a few exceptions though. At most of the non-buffet restuarants, they probably won't even ask your DD's age.

Um... no, we haven't ALL done it. I haven't.

8. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

If you're paying out of pocket you can get whatever you want. There may be one or two restaurants that have an issue, but general consensus is that it is fine :thumbsup2

9. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

I agree. My dd eats like a bird, but age 10 = adult prices so starting at age 10 we knowingly paid for more food than we knew she'd eat or just skipped some buffet meals. There are plenty of non-buffet places to eat if you don't want to pay the appropriate price for your family at a buffet.

Many buffets at WDW are character meals, and if we did pay for one I would think of it as an entertainment fee as well as a food fee.

10. NHKristy76

NHKristy76 Senior Mousketeer

Yikes! So you have literally taught your child to lie because you don't agree with the rules? I can't see that being a problem in his teen years... When you catch him lying during the later years, remember this thread!

Oh and I totally agree that 10 is too young to be considered an adult. With that said, the rule is the rule and I don't want my child learning, especially from me!, that it's okay to lie to get around the rules.

11. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

So the answer to your question would be: Yes, even if you are not on the DDP you still have to pay the adult fee for your 10 year old.

But last December we were at Cape May Cafe for dinner and our server put in our DD who was 10 at the time as a child on our ticket. We had to make him change it because we were on the DDP and our credits had her as an adult.

Maybe pixie dust will come to you.

pixiedust:

12. Jestocost

Jestocost DIS Veteran

No, we have not.

13. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

So you told your son to lie?! And you think that's ok? :sad2:

It is irrelevant what YOU think the age should be. They're Disney's rules, not yours.

14. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

My opinion was to follow the rules. :confused3 Nothing wrong with that. If you don't agree, break the rule and live with knowing you're lying in front of your child, pay the age appropriate price for your child, or eat somewhere besides buffets.

15. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

The DIS does not permit discussions that violate Disney's published policies. I don't know why this thread has been allowed to stay open as long as it has. Advice is welcome, but on the DIS it has to stay within Disney's policies.

16. Maggie'sMom

Maggie'sMom DIS Veteran

And opinions and advice are what you have gotten. Maybe you wouldn't consider this a "blank" session if you were getting more of the answers you were hoping for.

17. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

The boards ARE for opinions and advice. They are not for advocating ways to skirt Disney's rules. Actually, that is against the rules of the disboards.

18. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

Thanks for the reported notificatins everyone :) Sometimes the mods (gasp) have personal lives and aren't around

Everyone has shared Disney policy and the fact that posts for going around the rules are not allowed

The prices for kids 10 and over are not cheap at buffets/character meals. The age limit for buffets match ticket prices.

The chearacter meals also include the entertainment factor.

I know we have cut out many Disney choices due to the insane increased prices.

Thanks everyone!pixiedust:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.