If not on DDP will I pay Adult price for my 10 yr old daughter at Buffet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm planning ADR's and my DD want to go to Biergarten and Chef Mickeys. She eats 2 ounces of food....it will kill me to pay Adult price for her. I will be using my 20 percent off DDE card?
Thanks
Kerri

Yes they will ask for her age and she will be charged for an adult price. The buffets are priced by age. 3-9 child 10 and up adult.

I hear ya....might have to:blush:
She dosent even eat enough for the child prices:(

If I do i wont feel bad cause we go to WDW frequent and eat mostly at table service....so they are getting plenty of money. This is the 1st time she is going at 10yr old though....** Vay that is crazy to charge adult price at that age:confused3
Kerri

no....she looks very young....maybe they wont even ask....they never have before.

My son will also be 9 again this year. As a matter of fact, he knows that to be his answer if asked. And I have no problem with that. I think 10 is too young. It should be 12 or 13.:confused3

kellietony said:
My son will also be 9 again this year. As a matter of fact, he knows that to be his answer if asked. And I have no problem with that. I think 10 is too young. It should be 12 or 13.:confused3

These kids aren't stupid they know why you are doing it. And besides last year when my son was 9 I payed adult price because he is a big eater and would rather have mahi mahi than corn dog nuggets. Every kid is different.

Does this go for all restaurants or just Buffets???

Meaning can I go to Flying Fish etc....and order off the kids menu??
WDW can't enforce 10yr olds only ordering off adult menu.....dosent even make sense:confused3
Thanks
Kerri

Does this go for all restaurants or just Buffets???

Meaning can I go to Flying Fish etc....and order off the kids menu??
WDW can't enforce 10yr olds only ordering off adult menu.....dosent even make sense:confused3
Thanks
Kerri

Sometimes you cannot order off the child's menu if you are not nine or under. Sometimes they may let you, but they may also charge you an adult price for that meal. However, buffets have set prices based on the age of the guest. Most buffets offer more than just food for the price, so you are also paying for the entertainment. And if you choose not to pay the price, you can always dine elsewhere.

kris4360 said:
Well, i was hesitant but come on we've all done it.

No, we haven't all done it.

Deb & Bill said:
Sometimes you cannot order off the child's menu if you are not nine or under. Sometimes they may let you, but they may also charge you an adult price for that meal. However, buffets have set prices based on the age of the guest. Most buffets offer more than just food for the price, so you are also paying for the entertainment. And if you choose not to pay the price, you can always dine elsewhere.

No, we haven't all done it.

Whatever!

If she doesnt eat that much just tell them she's 9

A child that age is very aware of teaching them to lie if it's a *convenient* thing to do. It could back fire. Sometimes the wait staff, just being nice and friendly to a child will ask something about their birth date, etc. The child could very well say that really I'm 10, but my mom told me I'm 9 for this meal. Children can be so innocently honest - should teach parents a lesson ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!