If not Chef Mickey's, then where?

JJsmama

WDW addict
I was happy to get Chef Mickey's breakfast PS for this Spring Break. The reviews are horrible though. I want to do a character breakfast somewhere for the 4 boys. They will not be intersted in the princesses, so Cinderella's castle doesn't seem worth the effort. Any suggestions? Stick with Chef M's or what?

I have heard that 1900 Park Fare is great for Breakfast or the Crystal Palace.

We ate at Chef Mickey's for the first time this Dec. and I must say, it was one of our favorite meals! The food was terrific and the biggest selection of any of our character meals! We loved it!!! Every restaurant gets good and bad reviews, so I say give it a try. The characters we had were Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip, and Dale with Goofy in the lobby. We had a terrific time!
If you still are weary, you might want to try Crystal Palace. I've never had breakfast here, but have had lunch and dinner many, many times and it is great every time! It also gets wonderful breakfast reviews. It has Pooh, Tigger- good for boys, Piglet, and Eeyore.
Good luck!

Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh themed) is wonderful! We got a PS for 8:00 before the park opened on a non-early entry day. We were done with breakfast and waiting at the ropes before the park opened! The food and character interaction was great! Just a tip, the 1st time I called for a PS and they asked me where I was staying, I said offsite. THey gave me a PS time of 9:00am. It was exactly 90 days out and so I knew it wasn't booked yet. I called back and when they asked me where I was staying, I said onsite, but i haven't decided where yet. Magically, the 8:00am PS was available! :rolleyes: Anyway, I think your family would be really happy with Crystal Palace!

i would stick with chef mickey's... if you want to see the mouse!

one of our family's fave breakfasts is at donald's breakfastasaurous in animal kingdom... great food, great fun and my fave, the DUCK! we really enjoyed it both times we ate there... the waitstaff is great fun as well!

another option near the mk is ohana... that breakfast was outstanding (it's family style as opposed to donalds and cm's which is buffet, but still all-you-care-to-eat) and the coffee was good!

last but not least is crystal palace in mk w/winnie the pooh and friends... my ds LOVED dining w/tigger (they had a bouncing contest during dinner... rumor has it my son won! LOL!)

so, it's all a matter of what you're up for, and where you want to be geographically... i know, decisions, decisions, decisions!

We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's on Christmas Day. The food was hot and plentiful and good--even though it was really crowded that day. The character interaction was also very good. Give it a try and see what you think.

1900 Park Fare breakfast the food was really good and the character interaction was great. Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger were there. Have only been to Chef Mickey's once for dinner and would never, ever go back. The food was awful (sorry CM fans) and the character interaction was almost non-existent. We saw Chip and Dale and that was it. Maybe breakfast is better, but guess I'll never know. I'm a 1900 Park Fare fan all the way!

'Ohanas for breakfast isn't much mentioned on this boad, for some reason. It's got characters, there's rarely a wait, and not very crowded.

I too would stick with Chef Mickeys. Like any restaurant if you ask enough people you will get good and bad reviews. Im a firm believer in trying it if it interests you and deciding for yourself. ;)
We have had breakfast there quite a few times and always had a great experience. The food is very good and theres a great variety. The character interaction is always good too...Goofy at the entrance is the best!

If you are sure you dont want CMs, some alternatives as mentioned, would be Ohana, Donalds Breakfastasaurus, or Cape May. Out of those Ive only eaten at Donalds, and we had a bad experience there. However, I have heard many others have great experiences there, so if its appealing to you, it could be an option.

Good luck deciding.

I was just going to say 'Ohana's! We like to do just one character meal and DD needs to see Mickey, so we went there. Food was fine, plentiful, and they gave us that yummy pineapple bread which I love. Interaction was wonderful, and we were in and out without any wait.

We (me, dh and dd almost 6) are huge fans of Chef Mickeys and a "MUST" for any Disney trips we take. Our last trip (July 2004) we saw most of the characters not once but twice and Mickey and Minnie both had a super soft spot for our little one (dd was 6 months at the time), it was truly priceless! We've had breakfast there twice and dinner there once and we prefer the breakfast over the dinner personally. The dinner wasn't bad or anything, but we just enjoyed the selection of breakfast food better.

Definitely stick with CM!! :-)

Have a great time,

Deb*

We have done two charactor breakfasts at Chef Mickey's and they were awesome. The food was great and so were the Charactors.:earseek: I have two boys and they loved it, they did NOT want to see princesses LOL. The last time we went they were ages 4 & 6We are going back in May and we CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

We had breakfast at Crystal Palace and loved it... My friends were trying to get a PS at Chef Mickey's for Christmas morning as my Christmas present, but weren't able to... They were actually disappointed with Chef Mickey's the last time they were there, so we choose Crystal Palace and were able to get a PS for Thursday, 12/23...It was fantastic!!! we had a 10:25 seating which was towards the end of breakfast, but you'd never know it by the great buffet and the service. The characters came around continually, but I guess, during the real busy times, it takes them about 1.5 hours to circle the dining room.

PS.. they have the yummiest french toast!!!!

Another vote for Ohana's my boys love the characters there! I've eaten at Chef Mickey's twice and we like Ohana's better!

Another vote for Ohana! It is our favorite. Never crowded, great tasting food served family style and Mickey, Goofy and Chip and Dale.

My ds(7) looooves Chef Mickeys!! He has requested his birthday dinner there two years in a row! But, we all love Donalds Breakfastasaurus at AK!!! I think the food is better! For our March trip, I have a Bkfst. :love: ps at both!

stick with chef mickeys..it is great!!..we go there everytime...our kids love it as do we...already got our ps for when hubby and i go in a few weeks for breakfast..the atmosphere is great...entertainment fab....characters wonderful...you will have a ball.....

Chef Mickey's is a must-do on all of our vacations!! No matter how old your boys are, this place is the ultimate in Disney character dining!!!

My vote goes to CM for breakfast. They breakfast is excellent and many selections to choose from. Lots of character interaction and will definitely do again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter