If Not By Sea then By Run-June '14 Cruise/Oct '14 ToT 10 Miler/Feb '15 PHM PTR

Congrats on deciding on a hotel! That $900 can go a long way to pay for all the other things at Disney.

I like the Run Hard, Eat Cupcakes. I totally get that. I'm not going for a super fast time - I just want to finish faster than pace.

Hahaha, that's always my goal too! To not meet the pacers! If I'm above that- it's all good!

This was a big fear of mine at the Wine and Dine. Because of it, I passed a lot of pictures. For ToT I plan on stopping for more. I want to 'enjoy' the run more than I did with Wine and Dine. I don't run Disney races for time! :)

Joining in the spirit of the scrapbooking... I thought I'd post a few of my layouts that have to do with Disney. Some of these were posted in my previous PTR so sorry if some are repeats! :)

Also, I am not quoting kits- so sorry if that offends any designers. I don't claim any scrap kits as my own. :) That's as good as I get.... I don't remember past that!

2009 Trip - Becca & Sarah & my mom...

2009 Trip- Becca & Sarah & my mom...

2012 Cruise Trip- One Day at Magic Kingdom...

2012 Cruise on the Dream- Pirate Night Dinner- My kids & my nieces/nephews & brother/sister in law..

2012 Cruise- First 5K Race EVER on Castaway Cay. Never dreamed at this point, a little more than a year later I'd do a half!

2012- Pre-Cruise trip to MK. Becca and my niece and nephew.

2009 Trip to Disneyworld- Mission Space

2012 Cruise- My kids & my nieces/nephews at Castaway Cay

2012 Cruise- AQUA DUCK!!!

2009 Trip - Becca & Sarah meeting Mulan at EPCOT. Charlie was but a glimmer in our eyes....

2009 Becca and Sarah- Meeting Chip and Dale

2012 Embarking on the Dream

2009 Trip to Disneyworld- Riding 'the old' Dumbo

2009 EPCOT. Sarah and Daddy

And last for today- the ONLY layout I have done from my 2013 trip. My half marathon (I plan on breaking this out for my Disney Scrapbook- this one was for my 'yearbook')

Enjoy! Got me back in Disney mood looking at these! :)

On-Line Check In

Yesterday was 90 days out for our cruise & when 'online' check in opened for Silver Members!

I decided against staying up till the 12am mark to do it..and instead woke up Sunday morning and logged on....

That cost me only in the fact that I could not get my Pirates Leauge appointment on Pirate's Night for the girls. Oh well, such is life- they will survive.

I am VERY excited I got an early Port Arrival Time of 10:45! :banana:

As mentioned before, I like to be one of the first on the ship to get ALL my money's worth!!!

St. Thomas

I also went ahead and booked a Disney excursion. I tend to not book ship excursions because they tend to be overbooked, crowded & overpriced. You can almost always find a better deal & a better experience privately...if you do your reserach right!

That being said.. last time we were in St. Thomas- I didn't... and we had a bum tour. And we are in port a very short time. So I did some research and found an actual Disney excursion that got rather high ratings... and decided to go ahead and book it...

So we will be going the Carribean Sea Safari Snorkel & Beach Time...

Here's the site description thrown in with some images I found from google!

On this tour you will:
•Start your tour with a short walk along the pier to the Virgin Breeze, a fast, stable and spacious 63-foot custom power catamaran.

•Head out past luxurious hotels and exotic villas towards 2 of the Virgin Islands, which are great snorkel and beach destinations. Let the crew be at your service, pointing out sights and interesting landmarks, and serving beverages during this exciting Caribbean adventure.

•First stop is at Buck Island for awesome snorkeling for approximately 60 minutes. Swim amongst colorful coral formations, abundant tropical sea life and friendly turtles or even a shipwreck. All snorkel equipment and instruction is provided by our helpful crew. Access to the water is via dual rear pontoons off the back of the catamaran.

(that is, of course, exactly what I look like in a bathing suit as well.. so it's TOTALLY representative of reality)

•Next we'll cruise for approximately 30 minutes on our way to Honeymoon Beach on Water Island, the fourth and newest of the U.S. Virgin Islands. You will spend over an hour on this delightful and gorgeous, soft white sand beach, framed by tall swaying palms trees. This cove is only accessible by boat.

•Swim, sunbathe, relax and have fun while our crew indulges you with complimentary snacks, sodas, beers and tropical rum drinks on the beach (available after your snorkel).Guests must be 21 years of age or older to be served alcoholic beverages.

Of course the alcohol is the selling point here....... not the beach or snorkel. :drinking1 (<-- Seriously, my favorite emoticon evah!)

•Return to the Virgin Breeze for a leisurely 30-minute sail back to St. Thomas. We will pass along the picturesque downtown waterfront and historical Hassel Island while enjoying lively music and great scenery.

On this very cold, 1 degree day... this all looks so very nice! :cloud9:

Hopefully I do not regret my decision to book this through Disney. I'm hopin'!

Running Stuff

So over the weekend.. due to some returning runners & talking with my favorite Peeps over on my FB group for the cruise... I think there's a high probability that I will be signing up for yet ANOTHER Disney race. Another Half and then some. The 2015 Princess Half Marathon. More specifically the Glass Slipper Challenge (a 10K and a half in one weekend)

:scared: :crazy2::crutches:

What do I get myself into?

I can't help it.. it's not 100% decided and a big factor is that this race falls RIGHT at the tail end of my VERY busy season at work. Training through the busy season will be tough, let alone working to get a few days off to attend. But I'm going to try to 'sort' it. See if I can make it happen.

It will be a trip for me, myself and I. No family. Hopefully just running buddies! Stay tuned to see what happens..........

Well, well, well...looky what we have here, someone that said she was done with big races. How long did it take to change your mind?!?! :lmao:

Have no fear, I now have a tiny bit of empathy (ok, loads) for you after running the Princess Half last weekend. Ohmygawd. That hurt BAD. more in my race recap as you will see in the next day or so.

Anyway, I'm excited to hear all about it! ANDDDDDDDDDDD, I'm totally overjoyed to hear you are considering GSC. I'm there baybee, we have to do this! :thumbsup2

Oh and I'm posting the 2nd part of my recap today. I totally lied. I got that part done and I want to post it, so I'm not waiting. Heck, I may post the whole thing by the time the day is done! :rotfl:

Well, well, well...looky what we have here, someone that said she was done with big races. How long did it take to change your mind?!?! :lmao:

Have no fear, I now have a tiny bit of empathy (ok, loads) for you after running the Princess Half last weekend. Ohmygawd. That hurt BAD. more in my race recap as you will see in the next day or so.

Anyway, I'm excited to hear all about it! ANDDDDDDDDDDD, I'm totally overjoyed to hear you are considering GSC. I'm there baybee, we have to do this! :thumbsup2

Oh and I'm posting the 2nd part of my recap today. I totally lied. I got that part done and I want to post it, so I'm not waiting. Heck, I may post the whole thing by the time the day is done! :rotfl:

Yes, yes, yes.. I enjoy eating crow. It tastes so good. You know, I spent my children's youth eating my words (swearing I'd never parent that way..and then..parent that way!) so what's new?

I was really staying with no more 1/2's right up until I got REALLY excited about the ToT and then seeing all the darn reports from last weekend on the Princess . And now, here I am.... cursing my inablity to say NO!!! Don't do it. Your body will hate you!!!

Honestly, I feel like I don't have to prove anything going forward. I ran Wine & Dine to prove I could do it. And many times I thought I would not/could not... but I did. So now, I can just go for the experience that is a Disney Run. And not worry about finishing because I know I can. I don't care about time... I want to enjoy the characters..and the atmopshere..and the events leading up to it... So I think I'm in a different place now than I was last year. And I"m ready for this to be FUN (you know, minus the running!).

Honestly, I do think I'm in for 2015. I'm ready for it!!! I'm already planning an outfit!

And I knew you would get that race report out fast. You are super speed demon. Your whole trip report will be done before mine & mine is 4 months older! :)

So.. here it is.. 2015. Sarcastic Princesses take the stage and conquer the GSC. Will we make it?

Your pages are wonderful! And you are right I recognize a bunch of kits that are in my stash too, and a few templates!

I love the boarder clustering on the AK page...going to have to scraplift that! Your colors on the AquaDuck really make the page POP, as do your choices for the Mulan page!

Congrats on booking the excursion. I am taking notes in my Disney Cruise notebook! Someday....

I LOVE THIS for a PTR title...:rotfl2:

Perhaps it will be my TR report title-

Your pages are wonderful! And you are right I recognize a bunch of kits that are in my stash too, and a few templates!

I love the boarder clustering on the AK page...going to have to scraplift that! Your colors on the AquaDuck really make the page POP, as do your choices for the Mulan page!

Congrats on booking the excursion. I am taking notes in my Disney Cruise notebook! Someday....

Gracias on the scrap praise. It's always fun to scrap compare.. get ideas! That's why I loved your TR!! IDEAS!! :)

Yes, yes, yes.. I enjoy eating crow. It tastes so good. You know, I spent my children's youth eating my words (swearing I'd never parent that way..and then..parent that way!) so what's new?

I was really staying with no more 1/2's right up until I got REALLY excited about the ToT and then seeing all the darn reports from last weekend on the Princess . And now, here I am.... cursing my inablity to say NO!!! Don't do it. Your body will hate you!!!

Honestly, I feel like I don't have to prove anything going forward. I ran Wine & Dine to prove I could do it. And many times I thought I would not/could not... but I did. So now, I can just go for the experience that is a Disney Run. And not worry about finishing because I know I can. I don't care about time... I want to enjoy the characters..and the atmopshere..and the events leading up to it... So I think I'm in a different place now than I was last year. And I"m ready for this to be FUN (you know, minus the running!).

Honestly, I do think I'm in for 2015. I'm ready for it!!! I'm already planning an outfit!

And I knew you would get that race report out fast. You are super speed demon. Your whole trip report will be done before mine & mine is 4 months older! :)

So.. here it is.. 2015. Sarcastic Princesses take the stage and conquer the GSC. Will we make it?

Sarcastic Princesses! Yes!!!!!!! :lmao: I'm in too. I can keep saying I'm not sure, but I'm sure. It's killing me to see people poised to sign up for Wine & Dine today (can't swing it financially) so I know by July I'll have the money ready to shell out to Disney. Really, we pay them to put ourselves through this! Priceless. :rotfl2:

I've been thinking costumes too. Not sure what I want to do, but my bangs will NOT be down. :rotfl:

Shhhhhhh Nicole, it's a good thing Karen didn't notice us calling her names, huh??? "Photocop" :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

You caught me in a weak moment of being totally behind, trying to edit thousands of photos, crank out a three part race recap AND start a trip report! I'm off to find out what kind of sh$*#) you have been talking! I'm gonna crack the whip again ladies! I'm sure you are terrified. ;)

Don't worry, Nicole, the "photocop" is currently in Disney, so she can't come on and yell at you in ALL CAPS!!! :rotfl2: I mean really, I took the time and effort to insert clip art. I deserve SOME credit!!!

I vote for French Quarter, too. We liked it just fine. It is a very small resort with no restaurant, but the food court was cute and good. The boat to DTD is awesome, too. I just could not slide out of a clown's mouth at Boardwalk ---- and I swear it IS Pennywise!!! That's where he ended up!!

I really have no advice on an overnight hotel near the airport. What about the one that is right in MCO? Wouldn't that work?? I'm sure it's not cheap due to the location, but you wouldn't have to worry about shuttle costs, etc. And it is only for one night. Hey, something to think about, right?? :yay:

Yhea, I figured I was safe this go around since Photopolice was sticking her feet in a hot tub at Beach Club as I wrote that! But I wanted to get in the 'habit'.

The hotel right at MCO is very expensive comparably speaking.. but at that hour - it might just be worth it for the convience. I mean, I overpaid to go on the Disney Cruise itself, mine as well overpay to stay at that hotel. Hahahaha!! Problem is we need 2 rooms (vs 1) as we have 6 people.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I see now! You were just jealous that I was at Disney, soaking my feet!

I'm just trying to help you girls out, you should be grateful that I'm giving you my expertise. :lmao:

Sarcastic Princesses! Yes!!!!!!! :lmao: I'm in too. I can keep saying I'm not sure, but I'm sure. It's killing me to see people poised to sign up for Wine & Dine today (can't swing it financially) so I know by July I'll have the money ready to shell out to Disney. Really, we pay them to put ourselves through this! Priceless. :rotfl2:

I've been thinking costumes too. Not sure what I want to do, but my bangs will NOT be down. :rotfl:

You caught me in a weak moment of being totally behind, trying to edit thousands of photos, crank out a three part race recap AND start a trip report! I'm off to find out what kind of sh$*#) you have been talking! I'm gonna crack the whip again ladies! I'm sure you are terrified. ;)

I am thinking Belle- she's my fave princess.. so it would be fitting. If not Belle, then perhaps Elsa. As I really like her and secretly dream I have as good as voice as her.. (For the record, I do not. Not even close). Doesn't stop me from belting out Let it Go to the embarrasment of my children.

I also am stumped on ToT outfits. I need two. And I need narcotics to drug my husband to get him in one.. so that we could do matchy matchy. Yhea. Not happening. I'll accept it.......and just focus on me. ;)

Because I have a problem.

"Hi, My name is Nicole.. I'm a Dis-aholic"

I am committing 100% to Princess Half Marathon in 2015. I may get fired, but damnit.. I'll have three medals to show for it!

3 medals. Why? Because I'm doing the Glass Slipper Challenge. The 10K/1/2 Marathon combo. Which gives you the 3rd special GSC medal.

Let's recap.

I swore I'd never do another long mileage race again.
I dislike running.
I signed up for 10 mile run.
I'm signing up for 19.3 mile run

Yhea. Makes perfect sense.

I blame the crack Mickey gives me.

So. PTR is amended to include... PHM dates. More details to come.. in the future.

Now where the hell is my cupcake?

I am committing 100% to Princess Half Marathon in 2015. I may get fired, but damnit.. I'll have three medals to show for it!

3 medals. Why? Because I'm doing the Glass Slipper Challenge. The 10K/1/2 Marathon combo. Which gives you the 3rd special GSC medal.

Let's recap.

I dislike running.

So. PTR is amended to include... PHM dates. More details to come.. in the future.

Congrats on deciding to go for the glass slipper challenge!!! Although... You make me :rotfl: You dislike running? Seems like a lot of miles for someone who dislikes running. ;)

Let's recap.

I dislike running.

YAY I am so excited for you and your cupcakes...even more excited about getting together at JellyRolls and having a few cupcakes!:cheer2: The things we have to do to get a Disney trip...I hear you...I hate running but if I run then dh lets me go to WDW!

Congrats on deciding to go for the glass slipper challenge!!! Although... You make me :rotfl: You dislike running? Seems like a lot of miles for someone who dislikes running. ;)

This is the irony of it all. :rotfl2:

I like everything else but the actual running part. Hahahahahaha!

YAY I am so excited for you and your cupcakes...even more excited about getting together at JellyRolls and having a few cupcakes!:cheer2: The things we have to do to get a Disney trip...I hear you...I hate running but if I run then dh lets me go to WDW!

Yes, Jellyrolls! I am planning it. Sunday night probably!!!

Yes, Jellyrolls! I am planning it. Sunday night probably!!!
Thinking that would be great! Going to pencil it in on my spreadsheet I started! We have been tossing around the idea of a dress up dinner celebration that night...Betsy has a love affair with Yachtsman...so that would be perfect! And of course the BWB is not far...Oreo Bon Bon or Strawberry cupcake!

Which apparently I am fixated on the Oreo Bon Bon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!