If my 2 1/2 year old is potty trained....

antkim

<font color=teal>"Easy to love"<br><font color=dee
will he be allowed in the Clubs? I know it is suppose to be for 3 and up but when I spoke with a CM yesterday she said that it is up to the CM's in the club as to whether they would allow him in. Anyone ever have their "under 3" child allowed in the Clubs?

Thanks!

Kim

Last year, our 2 1/2 year old dd was allowed into the club on a trial basis and after the first day they said she could stay in the club. There were a couple of other just under threes that also tried the club on a trial and didnt stay for the week due to not being able to use the bathroom independently. I felt bad for them because although I LOVE Flounders Nursery for the babies/young toddlers, my 2 1/2 year old would not have enjoyed it at all.

I think it also has to do with numbers of children and ages onboard as to whether or not they have room in the club.

Luckily our dd had been potty trained for about six months at the time because I think a newly potty trained kiddo might be overwhelmed with being in a new place, new bathroom, having to communicate with strangers, etc. She ended spending about 2-3 hours a day in the club and that helped us alot because we were busy chasing our 18 month old twins. On our January cruise when she was officially a "three" some of the counselors actually recognized her and she loved "her club".

It was a pleasant surprise and hopefully my twins will do the same when they are 2 3/4 this November (and just now finished potty training). I have no expectations, only hopes :goodvibes

Jeanne

My daughter, at 2 yrs 8 mo, was also allowed to stay on a trial basis... unfortunately it was her inability to pay attention and stay on task that led to her not being able to stay. A lot of their activities are aged based. I have heard that the CMs are not allowed into the bathrooms with the children, so each child must be completely independent with the entire potty process ( entering the bathroom, using the toilet, handwashing etc.).

Thanks guys...this is just an idea now. I would love to do a cruise(first time!) but I didn't know if I should wait another year until he was 3. He is not trained yet although he started potty training about 3 months ago....he is now 17 months. I'm thining that if I try hard with him then he will be fully trained by next April when I am toying with the cruise!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter