If money were no object...

diswedwish

DIS Veteran
We had booked the Silver Plan for 7 nights in early January and decided to switch to the Gold Plan. So now a whole new realm of dining possibilities is open to us:D :D :D

Where would you recommend? It will be DH and myself, in our twenties. This is an early first anniversary trip for us:D I'm wondering specifically about the more expensive restaurants - we love Artist Point and I'd like to try the CA Grill and Jiko - but what about the other 4 nights? I'd like to try the Bistro, DH hated Chefs de France so he'd rather not - is the Bistro different or pretty much the same? And Narcoossee's is out - we tried that last time and would rather try somewhere else.

Any suggestions?

The decor and atmosphere of Le Bistro are different. What didn't your husband like at Chefs? The menu is different as well but of course is still French food.

Some other good choices are Yachtsman Steakhouse and Citricos. We've yet to try it but Flying Fish would be another spot I'd think about.

We used to do the gold plan all the time and have great memories. Have fun planning!

I too recommend Yachtsman Steakhouse as well as Concourse Steakhouse. Other favorites are Rose and Crown and CRT for dinner. Have you seen Deb's site which has menu's for the restaurants? www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm I ate at Citricos 2 years ago but based on the newer menu I'm decided against it since DH2B and I are meat and potato people and that stuff just looked too fancy. I'd rather go to yachtsman.

This restaurant is INCREDIBLE. We love it, though I will say that you may need an adventurous palate... we live near New Orleans and consider ourselves to be amature epicurians... and I'd say that the California Grill could come to New Orleans (one of the great food cities in the world) an dcompete handily with the Comander's Palaces, THe Mr. B's and the Pasquel Manale's.
It's that good!
Have fun.

I'm in agreement with BCV23--Yachtsman Steakhouse, Citricos and Flying Fish are all excellent spots.
I'd add Palio at the Swan if you like Italian, Shula's at the Dolphin if you like Steak, and if you find yourselves in Downtown Disney, the Portobello yacht Club is a fine spot.

If you are going on the gold plan...isn't Victoria and Alberts included.

I agree with you, you can't beat Artist Point, Jiko and CA Grill.

The bistro is a little different...very rich food...I doubt if your hubby would like it, if he didn't like Chefs de France. Try Germany, or morroco or mexico in the world showcase. Don't forget about flying fish over on the boardwalk...it is outstanding.

Enjoy!

Victoria and Alberts is not included in the gold plan. Also none of the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin are included - that mean no Shulas.

Definitely the CG, Citrico's and Jiko. Le Cellier is great and not inexpensive. The Flying Fish generally gets excellent reviews. The Yachtsmans Steakhouse isn't my favorite, but for "Free" why not? :)

Anne

Thanks for the replies!

DH didn't care for the atmosphere at Les Chefs. He wasn't too wild about his dinner either (except the desserts)! I guess it won't matter much if we don't go to the Bistro with so many other great places to try:D

I have been looking on Deb's site at menus. So many choices...

Yachtsman is probably a definite for the steak, and FF sounds interesting. We'll probably try a lot of the WS restaurants for lunch - with 3 meals we really want to space our meals out, we'll be able to eat at the resort restaurants later than the parks in most cases (since it'll be Jan.)

We'll be going to Cirque du soleil one night and I hoped to have a late dinner in DTD. How is Fulton's? Or is the atmosphere/food better at Portobello Yacht Club?

Thanks again for the replies:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter