If it wasn't for bad luck we would have no luck at all...Update 1/4 Evening at the Magic Kingdom

Did you try for a sit down meal at Tony's or the plaza? We've never done the plaza before but I hear it's great. We did lunch at Tony's once. The food was good but mostly I enjoyed the view. We were seated in the glasses in section and could watch everything happening on Main Street from our table.

I have been going into My Disney Experience, and then selecting the date, the meal (dinner), and the number in our party, and then reading through the list to see what comes up. All of the Magic Kingdom restaurants are booked up, I think dinner at the Plaza would be lovely for the Saturday night we go to the Magic Kingdom to see Wishes, but so far it hasn't come up as an option. I hope something opens up soon.

I don't know what your doing with scar but it looks adorable and i cannot wait to see the finished product!
i blame the dinging buddy things for not getting ADR's...

Scar is an applique, and Abby cut him out and ironed him onto her shirt by herself!! She has never done an applique before, but it looks great so now I need to sew it down! I took that picture kind of early in the process. I will be home tomorrow and sewing!

The restaurant issues are frustrating! I think you are right about the dinging buddy things.

Well, I went into My Disney Experience, and I had some good luck! I was able to get a reservation for The Plaza on Saturday night, it is for 3:00pm but it's a start!
I was also able to play around with the Fastpass + system and change some of our times, and I switched the Space Mountain Fastpass to a Jungle Cruise Fastpass.

The Fastpasses for Tuesday are still not ideal, because I don't have any for Henry, I haven't figured out how to add him to just a couple of the Fastpasses, I don't want to lose my SDMT fastpasses. And everytime I try to change things it says I will lose those so I haven't changed it.

Well, I went into My Disney Experience, and I had some good luck! I was able to get a reservation for The Plaza on Saturday night, it is for 3:00pm but it's a start!
I was also able to play around with the Fastpass + system and change some of our times, and I switched the Space Mountain Fastpass to a Jungle Cruise Fastpass.

The Fastpasses for Tuesday are still not ideal, because I don't have any for Henry, I haven't figured out how to add him to just a couple of the Fastpasses, I don't want to lose my SDMT fastpasses. And everytime I try to change things it says I will lose those so I haven't changed it.
You can copy all your fastpasses to him. That way you won't lose the ones you have. And if he isn't able to go on a ride, then maybe one of your other children could use his band.

Here is how to to copy one person's fastpasses to another person:

Open your MDE account
scroll down to the option Fastpass+
click on it and you will see three boxes - the one on the left is to make new fps, the one in the middle is to change a time or selection, the one on the right is to cancel a fp - never use this one, you will lose the fps forever with no chance to get them back unless you cancel all of them and start over
-then under those three boxes you will see the words "Update guests on a Fastpass+"
click on that and you can copy one person's fastpasses to a person who doesn't have any yet

Hurray! It is September, that means WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD NEXT MONTH!

Today I got the A/C in the van fixed, and it has new brakes and new tires so it is good to go!
And I bought Henry's ticket and I was able to add him to almost all our Fast Passes. I wasn't able to add him to Seven Dwarves Mine Train so I didn't mess with the Fastpasses for that day.

I still need to change two of our ADR's from 4 people to 5 people, and I am considering changing lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe to Beaches and Cream, but other than that we are good to go!

hello, on our last trip to disney (this past april) I had a FP for 7D and my son wanted to ride it again ( he is also 4 years old). I kindly asked the CM if my son could ride with me even though we only had one FP. The said yes and made his day. So maybe if you ask kindly say you have a FP but your son wants to ride they may let him. Does not hurt to ask.

One more day and we are so excited, we are all walking around with Perma Grins on our faces!

I have been busy crafting some custom shirts for us to wear. I have made 14 shirts and I have one more to go!
I am about halfway done with my custom Mickey/Minnie Espadrilles, I may have to finish those tonight.

Here is a sneak peak of some of our shirts. I'll post more pictures in the trip report.

Can't wait to check in at the Beach Club! We will have a gift basket waiting for us in the room!

All of my fabric and supplies for making shirts, etc.

Abby's Maleficient shirt

A Halloween shirt for Ethan and a Mickey shirt for Henry

Patchwork Jean shorts to go with my Evil Queen shirt

I'll try to update from Disney!

It's been almost a week since we came back and we had an amazing time. We had to jump right back into work and school after we got back, but I hope to share some of the fun we had along with some pictures. This was a trip of a lifetime for us, I don't know how we could top it, maybe a early December trip.

We headed down to Florida early on Oct. 8, we had a great drive, traffic wasn't too bad and we didn't encounter any road construction or accidents. We stopped at a rest area near Macon, GA, and then we stopped again in Valdosta, GA to eat lunch at Cracker Barrel. We also filled up with gas and then it wasn't too long before we stopped at the Florida Welcome Center.

After a couple pictures, and some juice we were headed south again. It wasn't long before we found our hotel. We were spending our first night off site at a Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway near Downtown Disney. It was a nice hotel, and we took our stuff in for the night and decided needed to get some supper, so we headed out to find Hash House A Go Go. This was recommended by some friends and was pretty easy to get too. We were there pretty early so we didn't have to wait for a table. The kids were pretty anxious though and didn't eat much. My husband and I shared the Chicken and Waffles and we thought it was great. I think the kids would have been happy with Chikfila though. Abby just picked at her salad and Henry was full of one of their big biscuits so he didn't eat much. Ethan had French Toast but didn't like the carmelized banana it came with.

Hampton Inn Mickey

I had packed a seperate bag for us so we wouldn't have to unload everything from the van, but we still carried a lot of our stuff into the Hampton Inn. In the morning we headed downstairs and loaded everything back up. Then we had some breakfast in the lobby. They even had Mickey waffles, but the kids were too excited about going to the Beach Club to eat. Ethan had a cup of coffee, and I had a couple little pastries along with my Chai tea and then we got in the van and headed to the Beach Club!

Right before we left the Hampton Inn, we had all put our Magic Bands, it wasn't too hard to find our way back to I-4 and head just a little bit west to get to the Walt Disney World exits, we cheered as we drove under that amazing arch, and I choked back the tears.

We watched for signs for Beach Club and it wasn't long before we were pulling up to the Guard Gate outside the hotel.
There have been many times we have pulled up to a Guard Gate at a Disney Hotel, sometimes we were checking in, other times we were just going to visit the resort and enjoy a meal there. This time, I fought back the tears with a big grin and told the guard we were checking in, he was the nicest security guard, as I fought the tears and tried to dig my driver's license out of my wallet, he told me, no need to dig, just scan my magic band. After a few clicks on his computer, he directed us over the bridge and up to the beautiful portico at The Beach Club!!

Several people were waiting along with their suitcases, for a Magical Express bus, there was a few people milling about and we left the van and headed inside to check in.

We waited for what seemed like an eternity, but really was probably only 5 minutes and were checked in quickly. Then we headed out to bell services to unload the van. Our room wasn't ready yet, and we were eager to get to the Magic Kingdom, we had Fastpasses for Jungle Cruise and a great day ahead of us.

After we unloaded the van and parked it we headed for the Magic Kingdom Bus Stop.

Hi Everybody!
It's so great to read your responses and know I have some people following along, I am sorry about the short update, I need to get a few more pictures uploaded into Photobucket from my Husband's phone, and from his camera. So don't worry there is more to come and a lot more pictures too. We didn't get the Memory Maker, but we did order some photopass pictures and they are on the way to us too!

Thanks for reading along and commenting!

I'm excited to hear more about your trip, too. As you may have seen on the Beach Club thread, we had the same room you that you had. It wasn't ready when we checked in, either. We had to wait until early afternoon before we could get in.

Wow, sorry I haven't updated in so long. Ron's Mac Desktop went down, and so he has been using my laptop, tomorrow we have to take the big Mac to the Apple store to be repaired.

Where were we?
We had checked into the Beach Club and were waiting for a Magic Kingdom bus. We had a busy day ahead, Magic Kingdom with VIP seating for the parade, then back to the Beach Club to check out our room and get cleaned up for dinner at The Boathouse in Disney Springs.

So it wasn't a long before a bus pulled up to take us to the Magic Kingdom and it was a nice ride, not too crowded, over to the Magic Kingdom. We didn't have any troubles using our Magic Bands to get in and we headed up Main Street, USA to Adventureland.

We had fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise and we were right on time. On our way Abby spotted Rafiki and she jumped in line to get a picture with him. Henry was a little scared, and Ethan decided to opt out, but Ron joined in.

Then we headed to the Jungle Cruise, we really didn't need any Fastpasses, the wait time was only 5 minutes, so we walked right on. Henry was a little scared but later said it was one of his favorite rides.

From there we went to the Tiki Room, one of my favorites, I was excited to see it since it had been returned to the original version. After we got in line Henry started wiggling around, and announced he had to go to the potty. We informed a cast member and walked quickly to the nearest bathroom. We got back just in the nick of time and walked into the theater.

Then we decided to take a trip to the Caribbean with some pirates. I was pretty worried that Henry would get really scared and cry. As we walked through the line he said it was scary and too dark and he didn't want to ride, I showed him a tiny flashlight I had from my key ring and he seemed to be reassured by that. We loaded into a boat and off we went. Ron and Abby were in the front row of the boat. They got wet! Henry was a little scared by the drop in the dark and the cannon fire in the first scene, but after we passed that he liked the scenery.

It was almost time for our Buzz Lightyear fastpass, so we headed over to Tomorrowland. It was pretty crowded there, and we wanted a snack before the ride. We found a cart with popcorn and ice cream. Abby wanted Cotton Candy, Ron wanted a Mickey Bar, Ethan had a Mickey ice cream sandwich and we got a popcorn in a special container that looked like Zero in his dog house. Zero's pumpkin nose has a little switch on it and it blinks when you turn it on. And Zero glows in the dark! The popcorn was really good too!

From there we pushed through the crowd and parked the stroller, there was a long line to get through to use your Fastpass, but it moved quickly. Henry was a pretty scared about riding Buzz, he was afraid it would be too dark, but we reassured him and boarded the ride. Abby, Henry and I rode together, and Henry didn't want to steer or shoot the gun, so he just rode along.

After Buzz we took a quick ride on the Peoplemover and then we decided to get some lunch. We wanted to eat at Columbia Harbor House, so we headed for Fantasyland.

CHH was really crowded, but there were several CMs guiding us through and after a short wait we had some lunch. We enjoy eating here and found a nice table upstairs, there were only 3 chairs though. We got a high chair for Henry and after some protests he decided to sit and eat his lunch.

After lunch we used our Peter Pan Fastpass. Henry really liked riding over London to Neverland with Peter Pan and Wendy! He loved the end, when Tic Toc Crock eats Captain Hook.

After we returned from Neverland we decided to visit the Haunted Mansion. Once again Henry was pretty scared, he sat with Abby and I again and we told him it was a Halloween ride. After we got off we asked him if he liked the Halloween ride and he said no, because there weren't any pumpkins.

Henry, squinting in the bright light after the ride.

From there we went over to see the Hall of Presidents. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the show so Ron and Abby tried to find a kiosk to see if they could get another Fastpass because we had used all of them up. But they wanted a Fastpass for a roller coaster and there weren't any available.

It was almost time for the parade after the Hall of Presidents, but we wanted a quick snack. We cut over to Adventureland from Liberty Square to try and get a Dole Whip, but the line was really long and I was afraid we wouldn't be able to get to our special seating for the parade. So we went back to Liberty Square and stopped at Sleepy Hollow for drinks. I had a frozen Odwalla lemonade with Wildberry Foam, yum! The kids had cokes. It wasn't hard to find our special seating for the parade and we were the first people to arrive so we got front row seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter