If IT fixed your MDE issues

We are fixed finally too. Saturday morning's call got the ticket re-opened and fixed Sunday daytime. Then DH started obsessing over FP+ (a huge negative in my opinion). Wishes was gone for all next weekend (I know-Sat is the only day). We had made a couple FP+ on in-laws tix because they were all linked. Had trouble finding much at DHS for Sunday for all 5. DH split the group so we don't have all same times, but overlapping times. Does that mean it will be crowded?

He stressed all yesterday about this. We don't like planning this much....

But.....we got BOG FP+. We'll see if it works. If it does, it beats waiting in line.

My SIL/BIL go the 24th-25th. They are having the same issue because BIL decided to save $400 by buying tix at the military base instead of through Disney. But their trip is so short they don't want to lose time. Time to get your act together IT!

Somewhat long story - happy ending:

Waiting on the in-laws to decide of they'd be visiting disney for their anniversary. Doctor said "yes" and I scrambled to renew Seasonal Passes for DH and myself - it was the last possible day to renew at the discount rate.

Tickets renewed online with my iPhoneat about 7pm. Quick & easy - got a confirmation number and directions for how an email would be sent, need to be printed out and taken to GR with a valid Florida ID. Phone call came through and directed my away front the Internet. When I went back the page refreshed and I lost the confirmation number. No email by 10am the next morning, panic set in. Called Disney's annual pass line and got a gentleman who was super friendly, very helpful and confirmed that my transaction had been properly completed, but that the email was not sent because our tickets had already been tied to our old cards and activated (a nice surprise that would save us a wait in line to present IDs). I hung up happy.

Next day I realized "oh no! My old APs are tied to our MDE incorrectly (my fault) from a previous trip. DH is assigned my ticket and his ticket was tied to an extra 'me' that I created not understanding the "friends & family" part of the app. That extra 'me' had since been deleted. So now I have a reservation at POFQ registered in the app for DH with a wristband is his name and ticket in mine; myself with a wristband and no ticket; and a fake 'me' with his ticket but that I can no longer see in MDE. After a few hours of trying to determine how to fix it myself - I realize the ticket tied to DH shows an expiration date implying its still last year's ticket :( and FP+ says "no valid admission". Time to call disney - I'm in over my head!

The first girl I spoke with through IT was super helpful, listened to my scattered story, and quickly found my deleted profile in the system and confirmed the current AP tickets in our name. She asked for the #s on the back of our tickets And put me on hold for a very long time (heard the disney hold music actually repeat songs) but then returned and said she was transferring my issue to another team member and to check MDE "later tonight, it may take a while."

This evening I check and I'm in the system with a seasonal pass attached! Went to set up FP+ and realized DH is not set up properly. Thinking back on my call to IT I remember only really talking about how my ticket had gone missing, but DH was only tied incorrectly. Called back - repeated story, plus how quickly my own issue was resolved, but DH I forgot to include. Sent o a much shorter wait, told I'd be transferred to another team member and to check my email in a few hours.

30min later, email alerts me that DH is now in the system and MDE confirms this!

Just ran over here to share my success story - but now I must head over to FP+ to figure out what to *do* next :)

yes thank you, i meant the 407 #.

this is ridiculous. i know there was no way to know about this, but i had even asked right before i purchased the UT tix if there was any reason NOT to go through UT and at that time- no one replied saying they had issues linking them. Totally would have just bought through Disney.

I totally agree. We've been waiting weeks for them to link our Ds's pass back to him. We didn't have any problems linking any of our tickets at the beginning. We had 3 PAPs and 4 PHs bought through UT. It was after I called concerning another issue that I realized that someone had taken DS's pass from his profile and linked it to my DH. Now DH has two PAPs. DH and DS have the same first name and one of the CM's at IT said that could have been the problem but I don't understand why they messed with it in the first place. I didn't ask them to fix any ticket problems. :confused3

Thank you so much OP for this thread!!!

I tried linking my AP's to MDE after making my resort reservation for my upcoming Feb/March trip. I thought it should have already been linked since IT added it to the Passholders site for me this past June. Well It wasn't there, and it wouldn't link.

I thought maybe AP holders were not going to be able to use FP+ or MB's, but now I see that many of us are having issues with it!!!

I plan on calling IT today and seeing if they can fix the problem.

I will make this quick as I am here now. I tried for over a month to fix my AP issue before I got here and now I am here and it never got better. It took me my first day and 5 CM and different locations to get someone to help me link my AP to my MB It took re issuing 5 different APs and some behind the scene work with one CM at AK for 1 1/2 hours to get my AP to link. That same CM tried to copy my husband's FP to me and in some cases he couldn't get the same times so attached comp passes to that day to use when I want. It's so confusing and you never get the same answers. If you try to change times on your phone it messes up your FP for that day and nearly impossible to fix. There are no places to go to fix your FP by yourself....I thought this was strange. If you want to change your current FP you have to go to guest services which has lines longer than most atractions. I was allowed to use a computer last night at EPCOT in the VIP lounge to try to fix some messed up times as some in my family had one time while others had a different time. I was surprised there is no place at the resort other than the front desk CM to tweak your passes. I have my laptop, but the connection is so slow it takes a long time to make changes because the WIFI here at BWV is so slow. Heading to the studios.....wish me luck.

I will make this quick as I am here now. I tried for over a month to fix my AP issue before I got here and now I am here and it never got better. It took me my first day and 5 CM and different locations to get someone to help me link my AP to my MB It took re issuing 5 different APs and some behind the scene work with one CM at AK for 1 1/2 hours to get my AP to link. That same CM tried to copy my husband's FP to me and in some cases he couldn't get the same times so attached comp passes to that day to use when I want. It's so confusing and you never get the same answers. If you try to change times on your phone it messes up your FP for that day and nearly impossible to fix. There are no places to go to fix your FP by yourself....I thought this was strange. If you want to change your current FP you have to go to guest services which has lines longer than most atractions. I was allowed to use a computer last night at EPCOT in the VIP lounge to try to fix some messed up times as some in my family had one time while others had a different time. I was surprised there is no place at the resort other than the front desk CM to tweak your passes. I have my laptop, but the connection is so slow it takes a long time to make changes because the WIFI here at BWV is so slow. Heading to the studios.....wish me luck.

Oh my, I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly! What a disaster. People that don't "get" why so many people are upset about this system baffle me. Look how much vacation time you just wasted.

I agree it's a pain and I understand it. They are not ready to roll this out. I wanted to change my FP selection whole at star tours and was told I had to go to the tip board to access the kiosk which was the closest. The guest relations cm had warned me if I use my iPhone to make changes it was known to cause problems. I took a chance and it worked this time. The last time I used my Iphone to make a selection change it change some in our party but not all and we ended up with different times. Btw the FP return lines are huge. I am a regular and visit oct every year ( 20 years now) and have to say I've never seen the crowds and lines this bad. TSM wait at 11:00am were 120 minutes. At the pool now with a well deserved margarita

I read your previous postings and have been waiting to hear how it went for you as we were having the same problem linking our DS's pass. Fortunately we finally got through to a CM at IT who knew what he was doing and actually fixed the problem while DH waited on the phone. However he couldn't put DS into our FP selections and he ended up with different times than the rest of us. I did some tweaking and hopefully got that issue resolved. I just hope something else doesn't happen before we leave in 11 days. I am so sorry to hear you are still experiencing so many problems. I pray it gets better for you. pixiedust: Keep us updated and good luck.

I linked my UT tickets on MDE one by one, but in the end, only one of them showed up on my account. So I went back through to link the others again, and MDE wouldn't take them. I called WDW IT and they told me that UT tickets couldnt' be linked to MDE, and that was the end of that conversation. So now I'm wondering if I lost those tickets somewhere. On another call to WDW to ask a question about the magic bands, when the girl pulled up my account, she somehow noticed that I had entered the UT tickets, but that not all were showing up on my MDE. So she worked her magic (in all of 2 seconds), and there they were! I don't know why IT couldn't fix it, but the magic band lady could.
All was taken care of about a month and a half before our trip.

I read your previous postings and have been waiting to hear how it went for you as we were having the same problem linking our DS's pass. Fortunately we finally got through to a CM at IT who knew what he was doing and actually fixed the problem while DH waited on the phone. However he couldn't put DS into our FP selections and he ended up with different times than the rest of us. I did some tweaking and hopefully got that issue resolved. I just hope something else doesn't happen before we leave in 11 days. I am so sorry to hear you are still experiencing so many problems. I pray it gets better for you. pixiedust: Keep us updated and good luck.

Just an update. Things are better and more relaxed. Originally the front desk at boardwalk gave me 2 one day hoppers which we can't use because we are ap holders plus they expire at the end of our trip. My DH just returned and told them we just can't use them. So they comp us $200 on our account. We do feel better esp since we spent our first day trying to fix all the problems. We still have another week + to go. I do have to say that the lines at guest relations continue to be long

We just got our UT tickets yesterday (two 10 day hoppers and a 5 day hopper) and I tried to link them last night. Only one was showing up, a 10 day hopper. I just called Disney and asked to speak with someone for online registration/MDE and by the time she introduced herself, another 10 day hopper showed up, linked correctly to my son. Ha! So that must have just been a delay for whatever reason. However, she discovered the 5 day hopper had routed to the wrong spot and was under magic bands. The whole experience was very quick and easy. She said they'd move it to the right spot within 72 hours and email me when they do.

It seems like speaking to someone with MDE instead of IT can help with UT ticket linking issues.

I bought my ticket from Undercover Tourist. I was unable to link it on MDE, although it showed up on the Magicbands and cards page. I had called in early Sept. and explained my problem but they were unable to fix it at that time. The CM told me that they would work on it and were confident it would be fixed before my trip. Yesterday I called again because nothing had appeared on MDE. Once again, they couldn't fix it but told me they would work on it. I wasn't optimistic but this morning I found the tickets were linked and I was able to do my Fastpass + . I was pleasantly surprised.

My issue I have DVC PAP vouchers BUT under my Friends and Family, it also lists myself. So essentially, I am listed twice.

I couldn't assign the right DVC PAP to the correct RSWA2 and I couldn't modify reservations. I had a resort stay where I and I were both the only guests listed and I couldn't remove myself and add my real guest (we are on an upcoming split stay). This prevented me from getting the correct MB.

So I was on the phone with IT and DVC MS (together on a 3 way through IT) to try to resolve this. The way they did it, was they assigned a 1 day comp ticket to my 2nd profile. Added all 3 of us traveling to all reservations. Then reassigned the 2 DVC PAP vouchers to the real guests and the 1 day comp ticket to my 2nd profile. Then deleted the 2nd profile. Everything looks correct now. It took about 1 hour.

I called DVC MS first, they couldn't do it and asked me to call IT. So I called IT, and they said, oh I have to call DVC MS to resolve since it's a DVC reservation and account. So I said no I called them. So IT did a 3 way and we resolved everything in the next hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter