If I upgrade my ticket at guest services, do I get an advance purhase discount?

punkin

<font color=purple>Went through pain just to look
I am so confused. I am trying to price out my tickets. Currently, I have a package w/one day base tickets. I was planning to upgrade to 5 day hoppers when I got there, but I can't seem to figure out what that will cost me. Could any of you financial geniouses help me?

I am just as confused as you. I bought 7-day base tickets. We were thinking that when we get to WDW, if we end up needing to, THEN we will add Parkhopping. But the CRO person I booked the package with said that if I wait and do it once the vacation starts, we will pay the upgrade from advance-purchase discounted tickets to gate-priced tickets, AND pay to add [parkhopping. I hope she was wrong!! At $40/ticket just to add parkhopping, I am looking at $240 to add it! I want to do so ONLY if we REALLY need to!

We have a special screen that is used for upgrades. We can upgrade any ticket (that is upgradeable) to include park hopping for $42.60 or to include Water Fun and More for $53.00 (or both for $95.60). (Military, Convention and Touch of Magic tickets cannot b upgraded.)

If you are attempting to add days then you may run into the problem of advance purchase vs on-site purchase.

does anyone know exactly what the difference is between onsite and advanced purchase?

All upgrade are done at gate prices. But here's the way it should be done for you:

Step 1) Go to a Guest Relations location.
Step 2) They will scan your ticket and get the information from it.
Step 3) They will perform a conversion in the computer that will promote the advance price you paid for the ticket to the gate price. You will not be charged for this but it is a necessary step to arrive at the upgrade price correctly.
Step 4) You will be charged the price difference using gate prices between what you have and what you want.

Guest Relations is much more consistent in doing this transaction correctly. The Lobby Concierge folks at the resorts tend to omit Step 3 whether accidentally or from lack of knowledge in how to do it.

GoldenOldie said:
Guest Relations is much more consistent in doing this transaction correctly. The Lobby Concierge folks at the resorts tend to omit Step 3 whether accidentally or from lack of knowledge in how to do it.

Thank you. I plan to do this at DD guest relations.

So I don't et the advance puchase discount, but I get the full gate price credit even though I paid the advance priice. That sounds pretty good (I think).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter