If I buy additional points through resale....

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by tink'smom2B, Mar 22, 2013.

1. tink'smom2B

tink'smom2B Chasing Tinkerbell Full Time

will those points only be good at Disney resorts? Right now we have two contracts that are good for everything (cruises, etc.). If we buy a resale contract for 50 points, do we lose our "extra" benefits on those points? Should we pay the double price and add on through Disney direct?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

resale contract pts can be used for all DVC resorts (including HHI and aulani), RCI trades and club intrawest trades.

no trading out resale pts for cruises or wdw hotels like the poly or POFQ.

i think that doesn't make any financial sense at all to do that, but if you have the extra money and desperately want the option to trade a lot of pts for cruises and stays at the poly, suit yourself.

4. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

From the member website:

5. Mel522

Mel522 DIS Veteran

I may have misread what you are asking, but I just wanted to comment in case I didn't. If you buy 50 points resale, you only loose the extra benefits on those 50 resale points not on the other two contracts you bought direct.

6. tink'smom2B

tink'smom2B Chasing Tinkerbell Full Time

Thanks, I am thinking of the headache it will be to keep track of points that can be used for a cruise, etc. vs points for just resorts. I'm having enough trouble just making reservations with the two contracts I already own :rotfl2:

7. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

There's no headache involved, you won't have to track them separately unless you're using them for low return options like cruises anyway. If that's the case I'd reconsider the add on decision.