if i book a trip a year out, and then 3 months before the trip Disney offers a deal..

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by snoopy352, Feb 5, 2013.

1. snoopy352

snoopy352 Mouseketeer

can i "amend" my reservation and get the deal? (if i keep the same dates)

In other words, I book a nine-night stay at a moderate and pay for a package that includes the dining plan and six park tickets. well nine months later, three months before my trip, they announce a 25% off deal at the resort i am at (or free dining - whatever). can i then call and get that deal to my already existing reservation without a penalty?

TIA

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AndiSlamberg

AndiSlamberg Mouseketeer

I did that last year with the room only discount and it wasn't a problem.

4. ccgirl

ccgirl DIS Veteran

As long as there are still rooms available at your hotel with the discount. There are only x # of rooms available with the discount. The discount is not open to all rooms at the hotel.

Hope that helps.

5. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

The difficulty that you will encounter right now is that you cannot book a vacation package a year in advance. Right now you can only book these up till the end of 2013. The prices for 2014 won't come out till sometime this summer.

You can book a room only reservation now for next year. But you cannot simply amend it. You would have to cancel the room only reservation and make a new reservation for the package, with a new deposit. They would refund your earlier deposit since it can't be applied to a package reservation.