If I am NOT on the DDP, which TS places offer the most bang for my buck?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by punkin, May 3, 2007.

1. punkin

punkin <font color=purple>Went through pain just to look

I was thinking Flying Fish (3 appies and 3 deserts to share among 5) and Boma (just a must do every trip). Any other recomendations would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Microcell

Microcell <font color=red>No, no,no, those red signs with th

I always think though overpriced, if we are really hungary the buffets there are the best deal. My favorite is Crystal Palace.

4. lillygator

lillygator DIS Veteran

If you have annual passes you can purchase a DDE card which offers 20% off many TS restaurants.

5. punkin

How much is a DDE card and can I purchase it after I am there or does it have to be in advance.

6. 1000th happy haunt

1000th happy haunt <font color=green>My source is knowledgable, but u

You have to purchase it in advance. Sign into the passholder section of the WDW website to get more information.

If your DDE card doesn't arrive in time for your trip, you can call and they will issue a temporary card that you pick up at Epcot Guest Services.

7. EllyLovesDisney

EllyLovesDisney DIS Veteran

Buffets are your best bet. I also suggest to eat at the latest lunch seating available. You get an early dinner at a cheaper price :thumbsup2

8. illiniowl

illiniowl Mouseketeer

I think you answered your own question: Boma. As far as non-AYCTE places, I like the food at San Angel Inn which is also one of the cheapest TS places.

9. TruBlu

TruBlu <font color=green>I was very excited to see how yu

We like to do a late breakfast buffet. We are always so stuffed that we skip lunch and have a very light dinner.

10. punkin

You know, in all my years of going to Disney, I have never eaten there.

11. OntFamily

OntFamily DIS Veteran

Just returned from two days @ WDW (not on DDP).

We went to Crystal Palace. Great food, and well worth the money.

12. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

If you schedule your table service meals for lunches instead of dinners when possible, you'll get more bang for your buck because lunch menus are generally less expensive than dinner menus.

Compare the prices of lunch character meals at Crystal Palace and Garden Grill to the dinner prices and you'll see the savings. Some restaurants (Boma, 'Ohana, character meal at LLT, etc.) are dinner-specific, but other restaurants have little menu changes between lunch and dinner and offer better prices at lunch. Eat out at lunch when possible.

13. wwaleye

wwaleye Mouseketeer

Besides a buffet, we felt Kona Cafe was a good value.

14. The Sweetness

The Sweetness Queen of her castle

:thumbsup2 I agree. If you can do a last seating breakfast, or a first seating dinner (breakfast or lunch will be a few $$$ less). (or a lunch) at an AYCE place (buffet or fam style) these places are also usually the character spots, which inc entertainment in the price :woohoo: (some ex are Crystal Palace, LTT (dinner only), Ohana, The Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine, and Donald's Breakfast in the AK). At the rest. in Norway in Epcot, there is an AYCE buffet for aps only, and also an AYCE skillet at WCC for B, L, or D. At any of those, you can eat as much as you like, and there is some entertainment, either by the wait staff, or characters as well. If that's what **the most bang for your buck* means:confused:

15. tluvstink

tluvstink DIS Veteran

Trails End at Ft. Wilderness :cool1:

16. tinan

tinan DIS Veteran

Another vote for Trail's End!

17. punkin

OK, here's what's on my list so far based on the suggestions. Late lunch at Crystal Palace. Late lunch at Trails End. Late lunch at Akershus. Dinner at Boma (that's non negotiable anyway). I am also considering Kona for a late breakfast around 11 or so.

Nothing in MGM excites me. Maybe we will pack a lunch when we go there to save some money.

AK looks like it has some very nice CS, so maybe we'll do that there.

18. MikeAidanEoinMom

MikeAidanEoinMom Mom to Three Sons

I've been looking at menus and thinking about this very question...LOL July 2008 we will be going my DH and I will have Ap's so we are going to get the AP rate hopefully on a cabin. I did notice the all you can eat skillet is $7.50 less per Adult less for lunch then Dinner. We are going to go there for a late lunch...anyone have any other like that. I noticed Rose and crown was cheaper at lunch for the same things

19. EllyLovesDisney

EllyLovesDisney DIS Veteran

Bridget, as far as I know all the restaurants offer a less expensive lunch menu for basically the same items. Check out the menus at allearsnet.com.

20. MikeAidanEoinMom

MikeAidanEoinMom Mom to Three Sons

thanks I have!!:) my family is picky though LOL