If anyone can help with this golf cart problem....

Rog, I don't know much about carts, but does the motor ground itself by being mounted? Sometimes the bolts that hold motors on, are the way they are grounded, try running a cable to the frame when you try it.

JMHO

I wondered about that John...so I took some jumper cables and connected it to the motor, and the other end to where one of the bolts would screw in...would that have been good enough? or should I just go ahead and completely install the motor?

That should have been good enough. HMMM. The other plug has to be some type of feedback to the speed controller. Maybe. I hope you find someone who knows what they are talking about to help you.

Rog,

You got a response on the other site and he said the GE motor is not compatible. Looks like your still going to be stuck at the back of the pack.

If the original is not working now then I would assume you fried something or blew a fuse somewhere. Can't really tell you without looking at the cart.

Come down for the FoJGG and we will figure it out!!:thumbsup2

They replied back that the windings are different, and can't be made to work. Sorry dude!

Did you guys see that Tungpo is advertising on that site, cool to see he is still "out there"

bad news brother..... you are screwed. The motors aren't compatible. You have a toggle switch to change directions?

I 'll PM you with a solution.

It just seems like if you have a power supply, and an engine connecting to the power....but then again, Im no mechanic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter