Idiots guide please - CDG to DLP by train

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by allymc, Dec 10, 2012.

1. allymc

allymc Earning My Ears

We've planned a return trip to DLP next May just before our APs run out! We fly in to CDG and last year my mum collected us by car from the airport but due to flight times/ check in times at our gite (we're not staying onsite) we may need to make our way to DLP and spend a couple of hours there before my mum picks us up.

I'm just wondering if someone could talk me through arriving at terminal 2B then catching the train. We will have luggage plus 2 kids in tow (a 5 year old and an 18 month old) so I'm hoping it is fairly straight forward. Can you buy tickets in advance or is it best to buy just before we travel? How much does it cost and how long is the journey? Am assuming left luggage facilities are readily accessible at DLP?

Many thanks :thanks:

2. Bexx

Bexx DIS Veteran

Here is a map of CDG airport. As you are arriving at Terminal 2B it is pretty easy to get to the station. You can either walk there though 2B and 2D, a distance of between a third to a half a mile. Or you can catch the N1 shuttle bus which goes from Gate 6 - see here. Due to the direction it travels in you will have to visit most of the other stops around Terminal 2 on your way, but it will probably be easier, and quicker, than walking with your two young children.

The train journey itself takes about 10 minutes. You can buy tickets in advance, but I'm afraid I couldn't tell you what they cost these days.

3. allymc

allymc Earning My Ears

Many thanks Bexx, that's really useful information, haven't got a clue when it comes to CDG airport! :thanks

4. amylouv

amylouv Earning My Ears

I used the train in September and found it very straightforward (This was my first plane journey so I was a complete newbie). We booked tickets in advance and it cost us about 80euros for 2 adults - not the cheapest but was very quick.

About 5-10 mins before the train leaves it will flash up on the screen telling you which platform you need to be at, but if you have any problems we found the staff very helpful :)