Ideas on cheaper flights to disney

till SW & Frontier open up for those dates do not expect to get any bargains.

Froniier out of trenton has had some very cheap flights this spring and out of harrisburg if you are flexible on your flying days it is common to get a RT for $160

Would love some suggestions also! Always used Abe to mco... But all the budget carriers are pulling out (something fuel related) and only allegiant remains after April!!!

Have you tried mercer county Airport? It's about 45 minutes from Philly in nj. Frontier airlines flys from there. It's VERY small but it's been pretty cheap. We plan on flying from there.

I've priced all airlines from Abe, phl, Newark, Scranton-wb, Harrisburg to mco and Sanford. Everything is $200 and up not including baggage or seating assignment (need with 2 small kids). Even being very flexible on dates/ months I can justify $1000 on airfare. Guess I'm used to the $120 round trip flights!

I've priced all airlines from Abe, phl, Newark, Scranton-wb, Harrisburg to mco and Sanford. Everything is $200 and up not including baggage or seating assignment (need with 2 small kids). Even being very flexible on dates/ months I can justify $1000 on airfare. Guess I'm used to the $120 round trip flights!

When was the last time you flew? I have not seen prices like that in a very long time.

Also, when are you going?

I live in Philly and always fly Southwest. Having the 2 free bags is a no brainer.
We are going mid May and our flights were $136 each way. BUT since I applied for a SW credit card and got 50,000 points, I was able to book 3 people free round trip and still have 7000 points left over.

We flew out of Philly direct to Orlando with AirTran, total cost came to about $200/pp round trip both times we went. I booked when the fares were acceptable, then kept an eye on them; they went down both times. You can get a credit from AirTran when your price decreases that we applied to the seat and baggage fees.

ssawka said:
Wow, and I thought we got good fares in DC. Airfare to MCO has been right around $200 here for the last couple years. I guess you got lucky finding fares that low.

Yes lucky and hoping for more luck this year! Keep in mind we are extremely flexible with travel dates... We pick them based on when the cheapest airfare is for a 4-6 day stay. I have an incredible employer that allows me to take vacation time on short notice regardless other staff scheduling, and hubby is self employed.

Jenny3 said:
We flew out of Philly direct to Orlando with AirTran, total cost came to about $200/pp round trip both times we went. I booked when the fares were acceptable, then kept an eye on them; they went down both times. You can get a credit from AirTran when your price decreases that we applied to the seat and baggage fees.

$200 pp seems to be the norm lately... I've found tickets for $460 for 4 ppl this spring. Just trying to convince hubby it's time for another trip!

Yes lucky and hoping for more luck this year! Keep in mind we are extremely flexible with travel dates... We pick them based on when the cheapest airfare is for a 4-6 day stay. I have an incredible employer that allows me to take vacation time on short notice regardless other staff scheduling, and hubby is self employed.

Well, I'm still not sure when you are planning to go, but a quick search of Kaya showed $178 out of NY (LGA or JFK) and out of Trenton for May or June leaving mid week. The question is, is it worth going to any of those airports to save $22 a ticket?

BTW, I like your username. I'm a PSU Alum!

My advice would be to book your flight soon... though a lot of advice sites will disagree with that. But my experience, being a JetBlue fan, is that JetBlue has an 8 month booking window and the BEST nonstop seats *sometimes* sell out 6 months ahead.

Airlines like SW do not post all there fares on the Big Travel Sites (Expedia, travelling, priceline). As I understand it, airlines that use those sites cuts into the Airline profits. Fares with the lowest prices, are only listed on the Airline web site.

The Airlines monitor Holidays, spring breaks, and times that people will fly because they "must". During these times they are less likely to drop the cost. If they are near 100% booking, they wont drop the price much.

If you can get a supersale (like $120 round trip), you might want to move your vacation to that date, rather than trying to get airline ticket that meets your dates.

We've used SW, JetBlue and AirTran in the last few years. Don't be set on one carrier for a roundtrip flight, too. We often mix and match between two, depending on prices, flight times, etc. I just got $90/each way on SW for April from Western NY and it is some of the best flights we've seen. If you can tolerate going to BWI, you might find some good deals and direct flights. Good luck & have fun!!

Realize we are talking different areas of Northeast, but I am also traveling late May and had been watching SW and Jetblue fares like a hawk. Scored $90 one way and $75 the other. Even though I did not use the airlines being tracked, Bing Travel will give you a Buy Now or Wait opinion for the flights you enter for them to track. I decided to grab my SW flights when I saw the Bing trend say "Buy, with $50 fare increase / 80% confidence" for other airlines, as SW seems to follow the increasing trends eventually. Bing Travel just another tracker out there, for your flight watching enjoyment. Good luck!

tyniknate said:
We drive to BWI or Dulles and take Jet Blue from there. A whole lot cheaper than the local flights.

Jet Blue no longer flies direct to MCO from Dulles. The route goes from Dulles up to JFK then down to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter