Ideas of something to do with son in law while at disney

DISDadBilly

Earning My Ears
My daughter and son in law have very nicely booked a room for my fiance and myself using their DVC points to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We are going in May and I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for something I could do with my son in law while the ladies go to the spa one of the late mornings/early afternoons.

I know I've seen video of fishing excursions but I'm not sure that's something either of us would enjoy. I'm up for any suggestions....keeping in mind I'm not as young as I used to be (so water skiing, and things of that sort would be a bit too much for me).

Hi, Billy! You've come to the right place.

I will second the fishing trip. I've never done one (but it is on my list of things I need to do!) and everyone who has loves it. Another great idea is a tour of some kind (search disney tours, on this site wdwinfo and all ears dot net and there are good reviews). I highly recommend the Segway tour where you ride around Epcot on a Segway. Loads of fun! Ask for the AAA discount.

Finally, how about either a ride along or driving a NASCAR car? The Richard Petty Driving experience is fantastic. The ride along is a bit cheaper ($99), I think and you can stand right next to the car when your son in law gets trained and goes in (or go yourself!)

Finally, drinking around the world (an informal activity) is always an option! :thumbsup2 Have a great trip!

If you golf there are lot's of options. If you don't golf then I'd go with the pp and suggest a mini tour of the WS at EPCOT and DHS enjoying a sampling of as many appetizers and liquid refreshments as your "old" body can safely handle.

Griz

If you guys like beer, you could try Drinking Around the World. While not an official tour, you walk the World Showcase at Epcot and try a beer from the various countries. It's a way to try drinks you may not usually drink. Otherwise, the golf is supposed to be amazing, but not something I personally have tried (yet.)

Thanks for the great ideas. I think it's a toss up between the segway tour, and the Richard Petty Driving Experience. I just need to find out which day my daughter and fiance will be having their spa appointment, and go from there.

A couple of other things you might want to look into are the things that are very unique experiences.
The first is snorkeling in the Living Seas at Epcot. no need for special training or even be that strong of a swimmer, I did the full scuba version and it remains one of the greatest things I have done there.
The second is one that I am hoping to do with my Dad when we go this winter. It is a tour where the engineers tell you all bout the railway system and trains at MK and you accompany them as they get the steam engines ready for the day.

If you do Richard Petty make sure your DVC friend signs you up. They get a discount. You could also go see a movie at Downtown Disney (air conditioned).

If you do Richard Petty make sure your DVC friend signs you up. They get a discount. You could also go see a movie at Downtown Disney (air conditioned).
Where do you go or who do you call to book the Richard Petty exotic driving experience? Are there other discounts available too (ie. disney visa, etc?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter