Ideas needed for first night dinner

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by jacobsmommy, Mar 29, 2007.

1. jacobsmommy

jacobsmommy DIS Veteran

We arrive in San Diego at around 11:30 am on Saturday, June 23 and will be driving to Anaheim. I figure we'll pick up snacks and stuff at Target. Then we will check into our hotel (Fairfield Anahiem) and maybe go to Downtown Disney. What would you recommend for our first night's dinner? I plan to do mostly counter service on our three days at the park. It'll be me, dh and our 3 year old ds.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneegrl4eva

disneegrl4eva <font color=darkcoral>now we just need a secret ha

how about doing goofy's kitchen at DLH? get your disney vacation started early...you can get some autographs and the food is good and they have the kids get out and do the macarena with the characters...they have an area for kids at the buffet and they serve pizza, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese etc....

4. KatelynnsAuntie

KatelynnsAuntie <font color=teal>We always bring in bottles of wat

We're going to go to Rainforest Cafe...but we considered Goofy's Kitchen also. :)

5. labagit

labagit Mouseketeer

We're doing Goofy's Kitchen for our first dinner. I thought it'd be a great way to get a taste of Disney without being in the parks. We're staying at Embassy Suites which has a great breakfast, so I thought dinner would be a better way to go. We'll still be able to get in the parks early each day as well.

6. melmacd

melmacd Mouseketeer

We're going to Rainforest Cafe for our first night too... then poke around in DTD.

I can't wait..... 14 more sleeps! Woot! Woot! :cool1:

~mel

7. mystic_path

mystic_path You are never too old for a Disney movie

My family is going in June and we are doing the Rainforest Cafe the first night as well. We considered Goofys, but since we are taking some family members who have never been to a Disney park before and love the night life, then we would think that DTD would be the way to work it. But I travel with adults, so its a bit different. So for you I would totally suggest Goofys. It would be a wonderful way to start off your Disney days with your children. They would be so excited.

8. c&m

c&m Love the Mouse but love my DH more for taking me t

Goofy's Kitchen! It's the perfect beginning. The DDs love the atmosphere and really gets my DH into the Disney mood.

9. tmatthews

tmatthews Momof3

Ditto for Rainforest! Thought we would visit DTD and relax the first day in! Last night at Goofy's!:banana:

10. tracer

tracer DIS Veteran

Great idea! That's what we just did a few weeks ago. We started our trip off early and had some character interaction and a great meal at Goofy's.:thumbsup2

11. CindyH

CindyH Mouseketeer

By the time we get down there from Northern CA, it's around 3pm. We check in, then take a nice walk through downtown Disney to stretch our legs. Then we can enjoy GK without worrying about missing out on actual park time. :thumbsup2

12. Disneyland1084

Disneyland1084 OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!

::yes:: Good idea!!! I did the Rainforest Cafe on my first evening there last time and plan on doing the same this summer!