Ideas for making the trip *extra* special for the kids

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by CaliDisneyMama, Jan 26, 2013.

1. roobug

roobug Mouseketeer

Love this. I'm doing this now with my boys. We've been trying to get them to take over cleaning the playroom - which is a disaster and I just presented them with the idea that if they clean up the playroom on their own they will get a 10.00 Disney gift card on top of what they have been doing extra for chores. It worked they are busy cleaning up right now.:cool1: THank you for the idea:worship:saved me a lot of work trying to clean up.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CaliDisneyMama

CaliDisneyMama Mouseketeer

Glad I could help! :thumbsup2

4. ImarriedGrumpy

ImarriedGrumpy AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy

I haven't done this with my son, but a friend pays her kids' allowance in Disney Dollars for a couple months leading up to their annual trip. They then have their own spending money for in the parks and they love getting the Disney dollars.

5. hootey

hootey DIS Veteran

Be sure to go to Toon Town and get plenty of pictures with Mickey, as well as the other characters that are there. We still have the first pictures of our children with Mickey hanging on the wall. They will be on the wall as long I am alive. :-):cool1:

6. CaliDisneyMama

Great ideas!

7. DisSarahK

DisSarahK Missing Mickey...

Minnie Mouse visits our hotel room each night while the children are sleeping and leaves them each a small (very small!) gift wrapped in red paper with white polka dots. The children love unwrapping it and always are thrilled with their small gift. They've never felt the need to ask for "stuff" in Disneyland because they are happy with their gifts that Minnie picked out just for them.

8. CaliDisneyMama

That is super sweet :) Minnie is my favorite. I may just adopt a form of this!

9. tdhickey

tdhickey DIS Veteran

Build your own lightsaber is at Star Trader (near Star Tours). It's reasonably priced and you can customize.