I'd Walk a Mile for a Cupcake- an SSR Quickie! 4/4-4/7/11 FINISHED!! 6/29

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by podsnel, Apr 10, 2011.

1. ortholablady

ortholablady DIS Veteran

Makes sense. I need to plan a trip to try it out.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

GOOD GIRL!!! Me too!

Hey there Mrs. CPA- congrats on getting through another tax season! Isn't it sooooo nice when life can return to normal? :cloud9: So sorry about the no vacation thing this year- so you will really need to figure out a way to make it happen next year. Can you do HHI in May and then WDW in January? Will you just have one week?

Anyway- so happy you are here and following along.

JOAN!!!!! :eek: You have been so busy, and I figured you could get to it when all of your Music Pres. obligations were a little less....besides, you have already heard the whole TR on the phone- maybe I should just give you the pics and YOU could write it for me!!:rotfl:

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well, MEK- better hurry up and get better!! :yay: This was the first time my kids played hoops at WDW- although they have played at HHI and Vero DVC resorts- it just never occured to us before. But, this year, Timmy became a basketball ADDICT, he is in the driveway CONSTANTLY shooting hoops- so I knew it was something he would love (Tyler likes it too, don't get me wrong! Just Tim is really into it this year. Tyler couldn't play after the first week of bball this year because of his elbow, so that's part of it). I think it will be a part of all of our future DVC vacations. :thumbsup2 It helps make it feel more like an all-around vacation, know what I mean? :goodvibes EDTA: I just checked, and there is no basketball court at BCV or BWV- tennis, and other stuff, but no hoops. Bummer, dude. Guess they'll have to take full advantage with their cousins in 2012- we're going to stay at AKV in a GV (hopefully at Jambo!!! With the pool table!)

4. podsnel

We don't usually use a stroller....but Kara fits nicely and is quite comfortable in a shopping cart....:rolleyes1

I KNOW!!!! What a bunch of airheads, huh? :rotfl: I don't remember onion in the tuna, but there may have been celery- really small celery. Not positive. The shrimp was yummy- just ask at the counter, they can tell you-

And don't hold your breath for the RR update...we had a change of plans.....:rolleyes1

I had seen that too- they are putting restrooms there, I think- I rode the skyway my first visit, when Pods brought me- such an old fashioned ride- every park used to have one, but now, no more.

5. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

But it's so embarassing to hear, "Clean up in Aisle Morocco!"

6. podsnel

The park in general was packed- so it was no surprise CHH was, too- but it was so organized in that line, and we did luck out finding a table. :thumbsup2

He really is a great guy....here's another pic with him, just blurry-

[​IMG]

Yea, I guess if there had been another reaction in my van, it would have been from a different kid sittin in the seat-

Well- it was just "things"- ya know? All replaceable, all with a solution- and all not worthy of ruining our precious and limited WDW time. My iphone fell out...but it's a phone. We found it pretty quickly- although I wasn't too hopeful it would work when we got it back, but I still wished for the best- I was a little sad, but it wasn't like Timmy fell out of the ride! :scared1: When the lanyard went missing, I hoped we would get it back because I HAVE to believe most people want to do the right thing (even when alot of the time they don't). If we didn't, I knew that Disney knew we had lost it, and I had to think some nice CM would give us a couple of FPs to make up for it at some point...sitting outside SM would not have changed a thing, so we just went to have lunch. :laughing: I HAVE to be calm...I have 3 sons- the potential for non-stop screaming and freaking out is always looming....:rotfl:

You get the wine passports inside France, Italy or Germany where they are pouring the wine. You get 2 small pours in each country, and they give you a choice between a few. :thumbsup2

I REALLY liked the lines app- but the predictions of crowd level I thought could have been better. I attribute this to the late holidays this year - alot of school systems took their breaks all over the month, instead of right at the holiday- so that may have been why it was off. Kara says Tourguide Mike is better- but I LOVED being able to check and see what time FPs were going for before I went to get them, or how long wait times were before I ventured over to a ride- and I found all of that to be accurate. :thumbsup2I have Verizon and had no problem with internet access (except deep inside a ride).

7. podsnel

I finally got an iphone when they came out with Verizon this year. Our area has HORRIBLE service from AT&T, so it was never an option before. I just had a regular phone, too, up until now. I was able to go for the internet phone because I am CONSTANTLY on the computer since I took on the PTA President job- really helps to have constant axcess to all the email. Good luck convincing your DH!

Don't stress!!! we had all happy endings! :goodvibes

And no, I do not think SM would be good if you need neck support. Of ALL the rides in WDW, SM is (to me) the MOST hurky-jerky. It's even worse if you sit in the last seat. And you can't prepare for it, because you can't really see what's coming next. Maybe you should try riding it with someone else to judge.:confused3 It IS a very fun ride- I bet the other kids would love it. Maybe AVY could go on another ride while some kids go on this one? It's what we do with Sean, because he doesn't ride alot of rides anymore.

8. podsnel

You crack me up SOOOOO MUCH!!! I really hope I get to hang with you one day-

To answer the other ?'s.....

I did not enhance the pics with an app- what app do you have?

The MS Bakery has AWESOME cheese danish and dry cinnamon buns, from what I read on the Dining reviews board...

Fantasyland is adding a TON of new attractions, here's a link-

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog...and-video-of-walt-disney-world-–-spring-2011/

Necklaces...OMG!!! IT's ALL MY FAULT!!! I'm trying to turn them into girls!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: You totally crack me up!!

9. podsnel

Well....not for us, and you've never seemed to mind BEFORE.....:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

10. podsnel

NECKLACES (yea- that's right, Drea- I said it again!!!) all accounted for, we went off to use our Splash FPs-

[​IMG]

It was pretty crowded, as you can see. You know how I said that yesterday (the rainy day) I just couldn't go to MK because I need a big blue sky behind the castle? Well, I think I'm not the only one who feels that way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon we were up front!

[​IMG]

I had only been on this ride once before- I have a water flume fear that goes back to riding the flume at Great Adventure when I was a kid. My cousin's friend brought her 9 month old baby with us, and just HELD HIM on the ride (gotta love the 70's! :eek:). It freaked me out SOOOO much- we were just sitting in a LOG for God's sake! There were not even belts to hold you in then (again, gotta LOVE the 70's- alllllll about safety! :rolleyes:). As a result, I have avoided them (the flume rides- not the people- although I never saw them again) ever since. I went on Splash with T&T& pods in 2008- and really loved it!! I still have some anxiety about that drop, but I was looking forward to riding again- especially because there's a lap bar. :rotfl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At that point it was approaching 2:00, and we knew we needed to take a break from the crowds, so we headed out to go swimming with our friends at BLT-

[​IMG]

Gotta love that blue sky- gotta hate the fact that everyone else does, too! :rotfl:

Up next- swimming at BLT, and "WHERE ARE YOUR NECKLACES?????!!!!!!!"

11. OhMari

OhMari WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]This picture is priceless.

I should post the picture of me and my sister in front of Walt/Mickey by the castle. I told her that having a picture of just ourselves does not happen very often, unless you are there before park opening. I'll see if I can find it.

12. nenner1

nenner1 <font color=darkorchid>I must've been distracted b

I hope the "necklaces" haven't been left in the little pocket on Splash Mountain! :rolleyes1

Sure was a gorgeous (if busy) day. I have already dialed in our request for perfect weather in May, TYVM! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the report on BLT pool! ;)

I think we are going to check out AKL and do Sarah's cake there. Ya know the whole zebra/animal theme works. We've never been there anyway. I actually had Boma ADR's for Sat night until Mr. Buzzkill reminded me that we had Chef Mickey's the next morning, so I canceled it. ;) Back to back buffet's are not so good on the belly. :lmao:

Captain Kirk chose us a "nice" room at the Holiday Inn Express DTD. After that crapfest of a hotel we got last time I was about ready to beam him up....we've never stayed there so hopefully it's OK. ;) It's not BWV, that's all I can say. :rotfl2:

13. disney1474

disney1474 DIS Veteran

Looks like you guys are having a great time:) I showed the pictures of Splash Mountain to my two daughters and they want to try it for the first time:thumbsup2 We will be there in 4 days...can't wait!!!!!
    Looking forward to the rest of your TR.

14. Mysteria

Mysteria I guess the tag fairies wings were clipped.

All caught up again. OMG the necklaces went missing again?!! :scared1:

15. chloe770

chloe770 <marquee><font color=green>Isn't it just more fun

So the absent mindedness of boys doesn't go away as they get older?:scared1:

Oh and that Splash picture is priceless.;)

16. hmillerbarilla

hmillerbarilla DIS Veteran

Love the Splash Mountain picture. It's fantastic!:thumbsup2

17. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

Ellen, you make some of the best ride faces evah!

I'm recalling a particular Tower of Terror pic at the moment....:rotfl:

18. Queenofallthings

Queenofallthings DIS Veteran

I love the castle with the blue sky behind it too....it just seems wrong when we're there and it's raining!

That pic on SM is priceless...I love it!!

19. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

YAY! I'm finally back on the computer and am looking forward to reading your report. I have been trying so hard to get recuperated from going on my oldest daughter's Senior trip with her that I have just been exhausted. A week on a bus from central Iowa to Washington DC, Philly and NYC is a lot for one week. Getting maybe 4-5 hours asleep a night. Ughhhhh.

So, I'm back, refreshed, and ready to go get caught up!

:flower3:

20. CRdisMom

CRdisMom DIS Veteran

jen a friend from school stayed at Holiday inn DTD and said it was nice. so fingers crossed for you. Hopefully Capt'n kirk will redeem himself. 14 days!!!!!!

21. Goofy442

Goofy442 DIS Veteran

I stumbled upon your TR and I am all caught up :surfweb:. My DS is the same age and the stuff he comes out with or does makes me laugh.:rotfl: