I'd love to book my trip but I cannot decide where to stay!

Makcarly

Mouseketeer
Ok, so we are headed to Disney in April. It will be myself and my 15 and 11 year old boys. I have stayed at CSR once and POP three times. I like both resorts but I would like to try something new. We are not people who are at the parks from rope drop until close so we do spend quite a bit of time at the resort.

Here are my top choices:
Wilderness Lodge- I could get a room with bunk beds and I love the fact that we can get to MK by boat. It also makes dining at the monorail resorts a lot easier. I guess I am hesitant to book due to construction and I am not sure if I will love it.

Art of Animation suite:
My son really likes the look of this resort and I know it would be a big hit with both boys. I'd like that we'd have our own space for the week. I am just not sure if I like the price when it's just the 3 of us.

All Star Movies-
It's super cheap and I know the kids would like the theme.

I wouldn't rule out POFQ or CBR either.

Why is this so hard?!

Ok, so we are headed to Disney in April. It will be myself and my 15 and 11 year old boys. I have stayed at CSR once and POP three times. I like both resorts but I would like to try something new. We are not people who are at the parks from rope drop until close so we do spend quite a bit of time at the resort.

Here are my top choices:
Wilderness Lodge- I could get a room with bunk beds and I love the fact that we can get to MK by boat. It also makes dining at the monorail resorts a lot easier. I guess I am hesitant to book due to construction and I am not sure if I will love it.

Art of Animation suite:
My son really likes the look of this resort and I know it would be a big hit with both boys. I'd like that we'd have our own space for the week. I am just not sure if I like the price when it's just the 3 of us.

All Star Movies-
It's super cheap and I know the kids would like the theme.

I wouldn't rule out POFQ or CBR either.

Why is this so hard?!

Go with WL. hands down our Favorite. We love the boat. We take it to CR for Coffee in the morning and then go to what ever park from CR.

Kae

Wilderness Lodge gets my vote out of those three. We love the boat ride to the MK and the ride back is nice compared to a bus ride.

I'm staying at WL for the first time this Dec., so I can't speak from experience yet but out of your choices that's the one I would pick! I think your boys would definitely enjoy the bunk beds and like you said, the MK boat is great. I took a chance on the construction as well... my hope is since it's the DVC area, we will be away from most of it.

For moderates, I'm a big fan of POFQ b/c of it's size (easy to get around, no hike to room) and bus service has always been good there. And I also liked the boat transportation to DTD. So much better than those long dreaded DTD bus rides.

I would vote WL if construction isn't to much of an issue for you. It's really convenient location wise and the boat transportation is great too, pool is nice, and the food options there and close by are a nice plus.

Normally, I would vote for WL, but not with construction. My vote would be for CBR out of your list. Reasonably priced, beautiful resort, great pool for the boys and good dining options. Another option would be AKL. the boys would love the animals and the activities at this great resort. You can still get the bunk bed rooms and NO CONSTRUCTION.

Either of these resorts would be awesome for a family with two young boys.

Enjoy whichever resort you choose.

I have never stayed in a Disney resort I did not like.

I'd rather stay at WL after the construction was done, but if I thought I would never have another chance to do so, I might choose it.

I like the FW suggestion. Bunk beds there, too, a full kitchen, and great bike trails. You can also sleep in a different room from the boys at FW.

We love AKL, too. Great resort to hang out at the fire pit, enjoy both AKL and Kidani pools, watch the animals, talk to some people from Africa, and eat some yummy, interesting foods.

They all have good points. I would say of your list, WL is the best for the boys at their age. If the construction is an issue and I would think it would not be that big a deal, I would go with the All Star resort for the budget deal and theme.

Another FW vote - still the boats, boys could have the bedroom and you could have the murphy or pull-out (DH & I slept on the murphy, it was totally fine and we're used to a king bed!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!