ID for getting booze at Disney

NEXUS is great. Trying to convince my wife to get one as well, but she's a Brit so might be more complicated for her.
e

My husband got his Canadian citizenship (he's a Brit too) and when straight to the passport office to get a rush passport and then a month later we applied for Nexus without any problem. Saves us all going into the office every three months on a Brit passport!

I was ID'd last year and I didn't have any on me as I locked it in the safe. I was 39 at the time so didn't think they would be asking for it. In the end they did give me my margarita but know for next time to take it with me.

Our son gets id'd there all the time, he carries a photo of his passport on his phone & shows that. He's never mentioned having a problem.

Never heard of this practice and never got carded since I'm 50 right now. I would contact guest relations and find out what WDW considers valid proof of ID. I don't carry my passport with me, but as other members have posted perhaps a photocopy and cell phone pic might be valid.

My understanding is that it's not Disney but the State of Florida that doesn't consider foreign driver's licenses to be adequate proof of age and that only a passport is considered OK. But that they will accept a photocopy or cell phone picture. I stressed over this last trip (2013) but neither DH nor I were ever asked. I presume because we do look our ages but technically, they are supposed to ask everyone so that they can't be accused of making rational, reasonable judgement calls instead of treating everyone equally when it's clear that they are well over 21 but obviously it's just not practicable to check absolutely everyone and still make money and be efficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter