• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ice wine from Canada?

undertheseas

DIS Veteran
Can you buy ice wine from Canada at the World Showcase? Mom and Dad brought a bottle back when they went to the "real" Canada ;) and it was great, I'd like to buy them another bottle. And could I get it on the plane without it getting damaged? :rolleyes1

Yes, the last time I was there I remember they had it, but you may find a better deal off of Disney to purchase it. It is available across the US.

If you liked their Reisling, you must try their Ice Cabernet franc it is to die for.

Be prepared to spend a lot on this wine. They run anywhere from $75-95 for a bottle, which by the way is a HALF bottle (375 ml).

Hope you enjoy your trip. Almost forgot, it should be alright being shipped home. I personally would not want to pack such an expensive wine in my bag as you never know if it will grow legs and run.

Our local wine shop buys it whenever he can find a decent price, and calls us. We have paid as little as $60 last fall. Make friends with your local wine guy!

living is a controlled state - Pennsylvania. The Liquor Control Board does what its name states, controls ALL wine and liquor sales. And sets the price for their benefit not ours. At the Party of the Senses the last few years, Iwas amazed how many of the wine makers and winery representatives had negative things to say about our system. Hopefully, the new Supreme Court ruling will help us become a free state.

This is less costly at discount state liquor stores as well. You can also order wine from the internet at discounted prices if you do your research. I do have quite a passion for that Ice Wine, but the price keeps it just an infrequent indulgence! :sad1:

:wave2: Ahhh...Ice Wine, my favorite. We did the Ice Wine Festival in Niagara on the Lake this past January...But, thought you might like to know that wineries here in North East Ohio have started making ice wine. They are quite good and very affordable. Ohio wine laws are changing. :teeth:

I love ice wine too. After drinking it at LeCellier, I decided to order some from my local grocery store. It took about 2 weeks and cost about $48 for a half bottle of wine. Its so good, though. I talked to someone who bought it in NY and they said its a lot cheaper there.

Inniskillen Vidal Ice Wine is available at a few locations on Disney property, including Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge, and Canada in Epcot. The cost is $72, for the half-bottle size which is what ice wine routinely comes in. $72 for this particular ice wine is not a bad price at all, especially for being on Disney property! :teeth:

Hi all,
Try the Inniskillin Website. www.inniskillin.com, in the US you can buy some of their items at www.wine.com. I live in Niagara and also love their wines. They sell tons of Icewine outside of Canada, very popular in Japan as well. If you are looking for a similar taste at a lesser price try their bottle of Late Harvest Vidal. A great option if price is an issue, however the true icewine is the best.

Each year we wait for the first big freeze. The grapes can't be picked till the temperature drops to -8(celcius) and stays that way for a certain number of hours. They then pick by hand. Its all up to mother nature and it means the grape growers may end up picking all through the night and over Christmas. This is one of the reasons its so expensive, it is very labour intensive. They also press the grapes in the cold.

Depending on the weather they may harvest the grapes in early December or even in February, the later the harvest the less amount of grapes they get as the birds and dehydration get them. However the concentration of flavour is wonderful. Different every harvest. We are very fortunate to have the Icewine at most special meals(Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter) and have also had Icewine Martinis which are to die for!!( icewine and lemon vodka).
Glad to hear people are finally discovering the many great wines of Niagara.

I found some online for my mom for Christmas instead - it's not Inniskillin but a small winery's ice wine - recommended by a friend. I wish I had saved the name and such! It was yummy and about $30 for a bottle.

Dalton5 said:
:wave2: Ahhh...Ice Wine, my favorite. We did the Ice Wine Festival in Niagara on the Lake this past January...But, thought you might like to know that wineries here in North East Ohio have started making ice wine. They are quite good and very affordable. Ohio wine laws are changing. :teeth:

We have purchased a couple from NE OH! Love buying sort of local!

Jiminyfan...you gotta move, or come over to OH to shop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter