Ice Center piece

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by faireygod mother, Dec 8, 2005.

1. faireygod mother

faireygod mother DIS Cast Member<br><font color=deeppink>I need som

I want to make an ice center piece for Christmas Dinner. I was going to use a gallon milk jug to start the mold. I thought about using left over greenery from the christams tree. I am at a loss as to what else to use. Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ceiligh1

ceiligh1 Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>Misses being cal

Cranberries, they could add a nice red touch. Or if you are going for a different look slices of citrus fruit or any fruit for that matter can be pretty. It sounds interesting so I think I will try that as well. Thanks for the idea. :)

4. babylisa4

babylisa4 Mouseketeer

I've used a bundt pan before and put in red and green maraschino cherries.

5. hercamore

hercamore <font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea

Sounds "cool".

what do you put the ice form in to set on the table?

herc.

6. we3disneygo

we3disneygo DIS Veteran

I have a holiday cook book which features this it is so nice looking...they use a freezer container, natural or fake pine greens and pinecones, small gold plastic balls,gold string beads,tea light candles, a tray for display. distilled water.
    fill container with items, carefully pour water to 1 inch of the top float tea light candles on top of water. place on flat surface in the freezer;freeze for several days or until solid.About 15 mins. before unmolding,remove container from the freezer.let stand at room temp. till ice releases from the sides of container.

7. babylisa4

babylisa4 Mouseketeer

an ice ring to use in a punch bowl