I would like to host a swap.....

Well to broaden the horizons a bit, it does not have to be a Disney swap. Look at the swap calendar sticky for ideas. But you may want to wait a little bit. My swap is the last due so far on 11/11 so we are getting close to the holidays.

I had a really good idea but I forgot to write it down and poof it's gone. I will see if I can remember.

if you don't mind non-disney themes -- how about a pet swap? there was chatter of swap-theme ideas earlier this year, maybe a search would bring that thread for you?

we have 2 dogs, i'd be interested in a pet-dog swap; but i'm leary around the holidays too -- maybe due mid January??

I remember now- a swap for Disney shows, parades, etc... I was going through the last of my pics and I have no embellishments for the MK, parade, Fantasmic, Stars and Motorcade, that kind of stuff.

I thought an interesting idea was the special events...not that I have attended any, and have any pictures... but I was thinking groups for: MNSSHP, MVMCP, Food & Wine, Flower & Garden, maybe the marathon. You can have it if you want.

I am interested in all three of the above ideas (Pets, Parades/ shows, and special events), especially the pet swap. Swap or no swap, I will probably scrap this theme by early next year.

I too agree that there are a lot due in the next 3 to 4 months and that after the first of the year would be best.

I like the events swap but I know I'd barely use the stuff as quite often people tend to go about the same time each year. For example ee often see the Halloween events and Food & Wine Festival but never Star Wars, Flower & Gardens, Xmas etc.

I had an idea for a MNSSHP swap, I'd love to host but I think it's too complicated and pricey for you all to pay to send stuff to and from the UK. My thoughts for MNSSHP were that you could have Hallowishes, Boo to You Parade, Costumes, Trick or Treat, Dance Parties, Liberty Inn Character Meal and Meeting the Villains as your topics in each group. Each person picks one and does a page kit for it, does that make sense? There's 7 topics so that's a smallish group. I'd so love to see this happen.

ANother swap board I participate on has people co-host in the following way: One person does all the sign-ups and updates on the boards and the other person receives all the packages and swaps them out.

Queenie-

I had the same thought as Havencrusier. Why not find a buddy hostess to faciliate shipping but you do all the boards leg work. I have not been for Halloween yet, but I hope to next year for DD 3rd birthday, so I would volunteer to help you.

I like the events swap but I know I'd barely use the stuff as quite often people tend to go about the same time each year.

I was thinking it could be like bigsis's Resort swap...small groups per theme, but you only sign up for the theme(s) you want. Not one big group with one person making MVMCP another MNSSHP, for the reason you stated, people might have photos for one event but not the others.

And I had forgotten about Star Wars Weekends.

hopemax said:
And I had forgotten about Star Wars Weekends.

what are star wars weekends? our DSs are really into star wars...is it something for children? or maybe for adults? thanx! :flower:

thank you for the link! sounds like a lot of fun!!

to the op...sorry to get sidetracked here!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter