I won't say I'm in love...but I am!! A Feb '14 GSC PTR! (NEW 2/9)

Followed you over from the WISH board - looking forward to your PTR and TR - this will be my first Disney race!

Followed you over from the WISH board - looking forward to your PTR and TR - this will be my first Disney race!

:welcome:

Woohoo! I'm getting so excited that it's so close! Just think- once Tink is over next weekend, Princess will be the next runDisney race this year!

:welcome:

Woohoo! I'm getting so excited that it's so close! Just think- once Tink is over next weekend, Princess will be the next runDisney race this year!

I KNOW! I'm very much at the whoo :cool1: / eeeek! :scared: place.

And, I'm at BWV too :lmao:

Wow that's a lot of faces in a short post. Sorry!

Hi Emily! I'm getting caught up here! Whoa, wrench in the works with the timing issue with the expo pick up but GLADLY that worked out. What a great idea to add the 5K! (That's more my speed.... considering my running is still not near the 30 miles a week I used to log.)

I was just at Boardwalk (villas)last month and I couldn't help but re-book for a bounce-back offer. I can't recall if you've stayed there before but I remember you are going through Dave's rentals.

I wish you all the best as you count-down to your final weeks before the race(s). :thumbsup2

I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your running adventures when you do your TR.

I KNOW! I'm very much at the whoo :cool1: / eeeek! :scared: place.

And, I'm at BWV too :lmao:

Wow that's a lot of faces in a short post. Sorry!

Have you ever stayed at BWV before?

Hahaha, I was just thinking that I've never used the scared face so props for squeezing that into your little post! :rotfl:

Hi Emily! I'm getting caught up here! Whoa, wrench in the works with the timing issue with the expo pick up but GLADLY that worked out. What a great idea to add the 5K! (That's more my speed.... considering my running is still not near the 30 miles a week I used to log.)

I was just at Boardwalk (villas)last month and I couldn't help but re-book for a bounce-back offer. I can't recall if you've stayed there before but I remember you are going through Dave's rentals.

I wish you all the best as you count-down to your final weeks before the race(s). :thumbsup2

I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your running adventures when you do your TR.

You're correct! We're booked through David's for our first stay there! I'm glad to hear you booked on bounce-back- sounds like BWV is Brenda approved! :thumbsup2

Thank you for your well wishes! :goodvibes

On a side note, though I've been an extremely neglectful commenter, I'm still reading your TR and am DYING to see more of that castle suite! :)

Have you ever stayed at BWV before?

Hahaha, I was just thinking that I've never used the scared face so props for squeezing that into your little post! :rotfl:

I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn seven years ago for one night - it was very nice! My husband and I really enjoyed the ability to walk to both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The entertainment on the Boardwalk was super fun, and we enjoyed the Boardwalk Bakery A LOT.

I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn seven years ago for one night - it was very nice! My husband and I really enjoyed the ability to walk to both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The entertainment on the Boardwalk was super fun, and we enjoyed the Boardwalk Bakery A LOT.

Good to hear! I can't wait for some post race indulgences!!

Good to hear! I can't wait for some post race indulgences!!

The salted caramel cupcake we had is now the cupcake we compare all others to - we've had many super tasty treats, but nothing is as good as that one! Now I think it's been so long that we've just really made it a legend :D

Hope your legs are feeling great and your bags getting ready to be packed.

Missed your post about gift cards. I believe you can do it on the phone or online???

I know it's been almost a month but fear not- this board is not dead! I've been quite busy in the past few weeks with school/work so I've been stockpiling all my exciting Disney news for one big (and possibly our last) PTR update.

To start- we got our magic bands! I'll bet most of you have seen bands already, but here are our's in case you haven't seen the blue/green/pink/yellow. Of course I've already wore both of mine around my apartment and let my roommate try them on while fawning over them!

photo14.jpg

photo24.jpg

It seemed comfortable so that's good. I contemplated pulling off the grey piece but decided to leave it on because I don't mind wrapping all the extra underneath before I snap it.

We also got two different sets of Magical Express documents...which are both wrong. One came for the wrong resorts, and another came completely missing MJ's info. I called and confirmed that everything is correct (which they assured me it was) so I'm not too worried. We don't plan on using the tags because MJ and I will be arriving so late so I don't really care whether they send us a corrected set or not.

Another small milestone was digging out my suitcase and some warm weather clothes. I know, I know- this seems a little early, haha! I'm heading straight to Disney from my apartment so before I left home for the Spring semester I packed up some of my Disney shirts, bathing suits, and other stuff I might need and brought it back to school with me. A premature, small dose of packing excitement!

photo15.jpg

As you can see, I also packed up some of the 'extras' that I bought for the race over the summer. I haven't quite figured out how to fit them in the suitcase and am pretty sure TSA will not check my bag with magic wands hanging out...

photo25.jpg

I was almost sure from when we signed up that I wanted to race in a costume. Where else would it be acceptable to run dressed as a princess? After browsing pinterest and etsy I decided to go with Minnie for the 10k, and Ariel for the half marathon. As a group we're going to do matching t-shirts for the 5k that I made with some fabric from Joanne's and my sewing machine!

photo41.jpg

Minnie with a little red bow on the back of the shirt.

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

You can't really tell in this picture but I cut out and ironed on the Mickey head. I sewed around the edge for a more finished look but because it was in white it's not really noticeable.

I made the whole Ariel and the Minnie tutu myself. I'm planning on carrying my mouse ears with me and popping them on for the pictures.

I admit that I'm breaking the cardinal rule of runDisney costumes/racing- I'm not taking a practice run in these! I love Disney but I just couldn't bring myself to run at the gym, or around town dressed in these. Plus- the weather in CT isn't really princess-running appropriate. So- if you see a sparkle skirt or tutu on the side of the highway during the race, it's probably mine!

We also finally bought our tickets and made our FP+ selections. I won't delve too much into my thoughts on the system but so far I've had good luck with it. Making selections was fairly easy and we got everything we wanted. I did feel a little silly having to choose between the tier two rides (seeing as you can get on most without a wait anyways) but it was still fun choosing. For our one park day in Epcot, we choose Soarin', Nemo, and Spaceship Earth.

11 days 'til Disney! :yay:

Super close!! Love the costumes for the races!

The running outfits are super cute. Good job :thumbsup2

As for not taking them on a trial run... I have found that trials aren't always a sure thing.. For the Donald, I ran in a tank top that I got at the expo no trial... it wasn't a problem. For the ToT, I ran without socks that I had done a trial run in because day of the race, my legs were more swollen than I anticipated..... I thing the main thing is shoes. Gotta know your shoes are gonna work.

I love your outfits! I can't wait to get down there, less than a week now!

Run well & we so so so look forward to race photos!!!

The running outfits are super cute. Good job :thumbsup2

As for not taking them on a trial run... I have found that trials aren't always a sure thing.. For the Donald, I ran in a tank top that I got at the expo no trial... it wasn't a problem. For the ToT, I ran without socks that I had done a trial run in because day of the race, my legs were more swollen than I anticipated..... I thing the main thing is shoes. Gotta know your shoes are gonna work.

Very good point! As long as my shoes work, I can make it to the finish line (even if it is in half a costume, haha!)

Love love love the outfits!! Hope you are single digit dancing!! :yay::banana:

I most certainly am! Only 3 days to go!! :cool1:

I love your outfits! I can't wait to get down there, less than a week now!

I can't believe it's come up so quick! It's hard to believe it's THIS WEEKEND! :goodvibes

Hope you have a fun trip!! Can't wait to hear about everything after you come back. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I can't wit to share what I hope will be a very memorable weekend! :)

Run well & we so so so look forward to race photos!!!

I'm looking forward to them as well! Can't wait to share all the fun with you guys when we get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter