I wish.......

westjones

DIS Veteran
I know this isn't a wish board, I am new to this board, so I wondered if this had EVER been considered before.

I wish that the International park of Epcot would be open for free like Downtown Disney so that you could go eat dinner there without having to pay an entrance fee.

Seems like they could expand on the front part of the park and just make that the park you pay admission to enter, and allow people to go eat at the international part.

OR have them offer an option to enter the park for a specific time to just go eat (sort of like that option I read about that they will allow you to enter for just 1 hour to buy something at a shop....don't know exactly how that works, has anyone used it before?).

DJ

You know what they say.....

be carefull what you wish for...it may just come true

A free WS would probably be so over run that it would be impossible to get a PS at your favorite local.

As a compromise though, I'd like to see on-site resort guests get a free pass into WS after a certain hour if they had a PS that was secured by a credit card. In other words, if you make the PS just to get into WS and don't actually use the PS, then your CC would be billed accordingly.

OK, I could live with that. We stay at DVC resorts and some days, we like to just take off and enjoy the resort; but it would be so nice to be able to go over to the WS at Epcot just for dinner. I wouldn't mind securing it with a credit card. I just don't want to pay admission to the park just to eat dinner.

Good idea! That would work for us. Now if only WDW would allow it.

DJ

Do Florida residents still get the Epcot after 4pm pass? I'm not sure how much it is or how popular it is (if its still available). That would be a basic indicator of local interest. Of course I'm sure it(the interest) would be much higher if there were no cost, but I'm not sure it would outweigh the cost of the implementation of such a plan.

You would need a separate entrance to WS (which has been discussed), a separate gate between WS & FW (more money and more cm's) and some sort of ticket (to the park or PS confirmation) to acknowlege that particular entry. I'm not sure if the benefits would outweigh the costs - be they financial costs or convenience costs to paying guests. Personally I don't imagine I would be that thrilled with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter