I Wish I Would've Packed More Stretchy Pants - Deluxe Dining Report April 2016 - 6/30 LE CELLIER

All while you are eating, Auntie sings and plays games with the kids. We always end up at an aisle table, and for an entire hour I pray to God that Auntie doesn’t come serenade us. Something about it is just so awkward.

This made me LOL. This would be me. Hopefully Auntie can pick up on the "PLEASE NOT ME" vibes!

BIERGARTEN

We spent the morning at Hollywood Studios. For breakfast, we grabbed a quick bite in the Everything Pop food court using our snack credits.

Justin likes the Disney cinnamon rolls. I was between the chocolate croissant (which is pretty darn tasty), a muffin, and a danish. Ultimately a nice moist chocolate muffin sounded the best, so I went with that.

13D14FED-0A3F-42AF-BB72-E79257050A33_zps57kuxco2.jpg

We used 2 snack credits on our meal. Not the best use, but we had the snack credits to burn. Our total was $7.55 for both pastries. Justin loves those cinnamon rolls. My muffin was good, more of a dry cake-y top than a moist, dense top, but it was still good.

We got to the park shortly after rope drop (9:30 ish, we decided to sleep in after being so exhausted the day before) and headed straight for Star Tours, a first for us. I hate simulation rides (they make my stomach go nuts), but we had never been on it and Justin really wanted to give it a try. It wasn’t too bad, I’m glad I had eaten beforehand but I did have to close my eyes for the entire second half, ha!

56B1F647-769A-4994-8B48-0EE702EB0217_zps24oqs7nh.jpg

We had a FP+ for TSMM so we did that, then headed towards Starbucks for a mid-morning pick me up. On our way there I spotted this guy, meeting outside Great Movie Ride along with Daisy and I think Chip and Dale. I almost got in line to meet Daisy but we wanted to hustle to Starbucks to make the Frozen show.

It was BOLT! Apparently he's pretty rare, Justin thought it was giant white fox.

DDF2D39F-1C41-4016-86E1-2B768ECBEB69_zpspovfrohg.jpg

I had purchased a $10 Starbucks gift card through Groupon for $5, and saved it for the trip. We could have used our snack credits, but I had bought the Groupon specifically for the trip, so we used it. I think, if you’re a Starbucks rewards member here, you can use your gold card/Starbucks app, but I don’t think you can redeem free drinks or coupons there. I just checked my app (with the new rewards set up) and I did earn stars for my purchase that day.

Justin had a grande passion iced tea lemonade (yum, so refreshing on a hot day) and I had a grande caramel macchiato with coconut milk.

18F8D949-2FEC-4C9A-9EE7-604545FB1624_zpsfe7dufnn.jpg

We took our drinks and waited in line for another “first” for us… Frozen Sing A Long! Yes in 4 trips between 2014/2015, I had not yet seen the Frozen sing a long. I know every word to every song, so I was beyond excited for this. (Will add pics once I figure out how to upload them from my camera!)

It ended up being SO incredibly cute and so much fun. Even Justin liked the jokes, especially the ones by the historians. I am so glad we took the time to do this!

One thing I dislike about Hollywood Studios is trying to fit everything in! Even with so much ‘down’, there is still so much to do with all of the shows. We wanted to see Indiana Jones (Justin has never seen it) and Frozen, but we also had to make a 12:45 ADR, so we couldn’t squeeze it all in. It is much easier to hop on a ride than it is to plan around show schedules, but that’s part of the fun.

Unfortunately we didn’t make it to Indy that day. Justin was convinced we’d be late for our 12:45 ADR, even though Frozen let out around noon. I said there was no way. He was right – it took us nearly an hour to get from the Frozen theater out through the front of the park, down the path to the Boardwalk, and into the World Showcase to Germany.

You can now modify dining reservations, provided there's availability for your party to switch to a new time, from your app! As you can see below, there were plenty of options for Biergarten that day for a party of 2.

840BD38D-E340-491C-AB64-35B4502CC53F_zpsrhl4rbvb.png

We had contemplated changing ours to 1:00 but by the time we got going we just said eh, forget it, we'll be fine.

I was exhausted by the time we got there. In my head it sounded easier than it was, ha!!

I have been wanting to do Mama Melrose, but Justin has been wanting to try Biergarten so we decided to give it a shot.

At Biergarten, you are seated with other families, depending on the size of your party. We were a party of 2, seated with a party of 3 (mom, dad, 8 or 9 year old daughter), and a party of 5 with only 4 that showed up (mom, grandma, uncle, and mom’s son who was probably 5).

Biergarten is a German buffet… so ALL YOU CAN EAT SCHNITZEL, BABY.

(I can’t do schnitzel. This is a joke.)

Justin and I each ordered a Diet Coke, and then we also got a half liter of Schofferhofer Grapefruit to share. Biergarten had an awesome, extensive beer and wine list. I was thinking a beer or wine flight would be perfect (UH, CAN YOU SAY RIESLING FLIGHT?) but I didn’t have it in me that day, so we decided to share.

2593A890-13D2-409D-9CAC-EDE5741F51E9_zps4ycarben.jpg

2948E2B2-D5BB-41E3-9B68-B7D372195A64_zps9yjhm34n.jpg

Our server was really sweet and explained the buffet set up to us first-timers.

Up first was a bunch of salads. Potato salad, chicken salad, cucumber salad, carrot and raisin salad.. the whole 9 yards. There was a pretty extensive selection here, all very unique foods, too.

The next section was some hot meat items such as meatballs, roasted chicken, salmon, schnitzel, sausage, sauerkraut, pretzel rolls, roasted red potatoes, and potato and leek soup.

There was a carving station with pork loin and meatloaf, accompanied by some fancy German sauces, and then there was a big dessert station.

I don’t particularly care for buffets, except for at breakfast. I really don’t know why, I think it’s just because you never know what to expect as far as offerings and quality.

I started off with a plate full of bread and potatoes (pretty much)! In the middle is the potato leek soup. Starting right beneath that at about 4 o'clock we have some macaroni salad (elbow macaroni, mayo-based dressing, peas, and I think some type of meat), cucumber salad which is hidden, cold potato salad, roast chicken, roasted potatoes, and a pretzel roll.

17B2B0D2-E67C-43F6-B019-7C808B5246EC_zps5ts2siza.jpg

Justin added some salad and meat to his potatoes. Clockwise from the top: German meatballs, roast chicken, German potato salad, green beans, salad (I think with ranch dressing), macaroni salad, cold potato salad, pretzel bread, sausage, and roasted potatoes.

94BFC951-BAA5-4953-8A16-D619C33D5658_zpsiunbpmac.jpg

I had a second plate, this time with some pork tenderloin which was good, and more pretzel rolls, duh. This plate had, clockwise from the top: regular roll, pretzel roll, roasted potatoes, warm potato salad, butter, pork loin, and nudel gratin.

83DCA8FD-5948-467A-9F1F-0B60B56EBDE8_zps8fm33rmz.jpg

AND... Dessert!

19001DEB-FCB0-4731-9A61-C32389BE55B4_zpsljcs4iqf.jpg

I chose bavarian cheesecake (top right), strudel (bottom), and a chocolate roulade cake (left).

Of particular excellence was the potato salad, roasted potatoes, pretzel bread, potato and leek soup (perfect for dipping), the strudel, and the Bavarian cheesecake. Oh and the chocolate dessert. The desserts were FABULOUS.

Everything else I could do without. I think in general the German-style meats just aren’t my thing (so sorry to all of my German ancestors, still love me some kraut). So basically, give me some strudel and Schofferhofer and I’m a happy gal. Really I ate 3 pretzel rolls (#noragrets), 2 pieces of cheesecake, a piece of strudel, potatoes 4 ways, and tasted everything else.

A pic of the band that entertains you (and your kids) while you eat:
4A0225F9-0F94-4ED6-99F2-16FBB90A0915_zps8wyobzxv.jpg

Overall, we thought this buffet was just okay. I think it would be a ton of fun if we were ever there with friends to hang out there in the evening, have our meal, and have some beers and wine flights. I would probably make 10 trips to the buffet for some pretzel bread. So I think a bigger group would be a lot of fun!

I didn’t mind sitting at a communal table. I’m a little more outgoing than Justin, he usually would prefer not to sit next to a stranger while he eats but I explained it beforehand so he understood and he was okay with it. Let’s face it, they probably didn’t want to talk to us either! The couple with the young daughter was friendly but also kept to themselves so it was a good match for us. Their little girl was sweet and we joked back and forth with them a little.

The family to the left of us (we sat in the middle) was another story. The little boy wanted none of it. He kept telling his mom “THIS IS STUPID, I WANT TO LEAVE” and was screaming (literally) the entire time. He kept plugging his ears and screeching. He refused to eat because he wanted to swim (omg, every melt down I witnessed was because the kids wanted to go to the pool LOL). His grandma said “You’re embarrassing me, please stop,” and he told her “NO! YOU’RE EMBARRASSING ME!!!” Nana threatened to take him out but mom gave him cookies and he was quiet for the rest of the meal. Grandma apologized for his behavior, which was nice, and we didn’t really mind, kids are kids. Also, you never know if a child has special needs so I always try to be mindful of that.

But I always appreciate when we sit next to little angels during our meals.

Would we go back to Biergarten? Absolutely. I think my mom and my aunt would probably like it, and if our friends come with us we’d definitely go with them. Justin put it well, he said the food was good but there are lots of other places he’d like to try before going back.
DINING PLAN BREAKDOWN: We used 2 credits at breakfast, and 1 TS credit each at lunch. Biergarten's lunch buffet is $30/person plus tax.

OOP: $10.12 (for the beer) + tip

2 Snack Credits: $7.55
2 TS Credits: $63.90​

Total OOP: $36.07 + Tip

Total Dining Plan: $203.35

Last edited:
I'm still here, and still very much enjoying your report. Biergarten has been a "must do" for me ever since my 1st time there in Feb. '93. :) Sorry you had "that family" at your table. I have had some good experiences with seating companions there, and some very bad/awkward ones. I try to sit on the "outside/ends" of the table if I can, for quick exits if necessary. I have to say when I've been with a bigger group and people are seated with us (especially if they are solo, like I myself have been many times there), I will go out of my way to make them feel comfortable - why not - doesn't cost anything to be civil and welcoming for God's sake - and they probably feel as awkward as I do, so it feels good to be "the better person" and put them at ease! I had one extended family make me feel so uncomfortable one time, I actually requested to be moved (successfully). The grandfather in that nasty group kept yelling at the server that I was NOT a part of their family, and they were NOT paying for me - as she kept trying to explain the "friendly strangers sitting together" concept of Oktoberfest to this idiot!! :( Anyway - glad you enjoyed the food and entertainment as much as I always do! :) Looking forward to the rest of your awesome report!!

Last edited:
We feel that way about Biergarten, too, much more fun with family/friends!

I love Biergarten!! Our first time there was 2014 and we went again this past February. We had awesome table mates and ended up having so much fun. I think if you're at a table with a bunch of duds that would stink.

Did you try the pickles? The housemade pickles are the bomb there!

Hey, so now you've been to Biergarten! :D
Yeah, I totally feel you. The food was ok. There was a large variety to choose from. Glad you enjoyed the pretzel rolls!!! :-)

I'm still here, and still very much enjoying your report. Biergarten has been a "must do" for me ever since my 1st time there in Feb. '93. :) Sorry you had "that family" at your table. I have had some good experiences with seating companions there, and some very bad/awkward ones. I try to sit on the "outside/ends" of the table if I can, for quick exits if necessary. I have to say when I've been with a bigger group and people are seated with us (especially if they are solo, like I myself have been many times there), I will go out of my way to make them feel comfortable - why not - doesn't cost anything to be civil and welcoming for God's sake - and they probably feel as awkward as I do, so it feels good to be "the better person" and put them at ease! I had one extended family make me feel so uncomfortable one time, I actually requested to be moved (successfully). The grandfather in that nasty group kept yelling at the server that I was NOT a part of their family, and they were NOT paying for me - as she kept trying to explain the "friendly strangers sitting together" concept of Oktoberfest to this idiot!! :( Anyway - glad you enjoyed the food and entertainment as much as I always do! :) Looking forward to the rest of your awesome report!!

Thanks, Heidi! I can't believe someone was so rude to you, wow!! I think with a big group it would be lots of fun.

We feel that way about Biergarten, too, much more fun with family/friends!

Yes for sure! We're thinking about heading down with another couple next year and that would be the perfect place to go.

I love Biergarten!! Our first time there was 2014 and we went again this past February. We had awesome table mates and ended up having so much fun. I think if you're at a table with a bunch of duds that would stink.

Did you try the pickles? The housemade pickles are the bomb there!

I wish I tried the pickles. Ah! I love pickles.. I saw them and I don't know why I didn't grab any!

Hey, so now you've been to Biergarten! :D
Yeah, I totally feel you. The food was ok. There was a large variety to choose from. Glad you enjoyed the pretzel rolls!!! :-)

Pretzel rolls for life! Luckily I got some more a few days later at Le Cellier. Even better when they're dipped in the potato and leek soup.

RAGLAN ROAD

After our lunch at Biergarten, we headed back to Pop Century for a nap and some swimming. I really wanted to swim, it was so cold at home! We headed to the 90's section and took a dip in the computer pool. It was pretty quiet for the most part. We were only in for about 15-20 minutes because it was pretty chilly, so we headed back for a quick nap and then took showers to go out.

That night (Sunday), we had dinner reservations for Raglan Road at Disney Springs. I often hear rave reviews about this place, so on our girls’ trip last year, we gave it a try. I honestly didn’t love it. I wasn’t in the mood for a loud restaurant that night, I ordered wrong, and our meal took WAY too long.

But I wanted to give it another shot, and I thought Justin would really like it. We did some browsing around beforehand, and contemplated stopping in somewhere for a drink, but ultimately we didn't really have enough time. The new area up past the Boathouse where Jock Lindsey's is, is so nice. I can't wait until the rest is finished and more shops and restaurants are open.

410118B5-199B-497F-A65E-F8BCD5F08711_zpsr9icp0no.jpg

We had a 7:15 reservation and we arrived a few minutes early.

F6528859-D150-43A6-8F0D-A83C9BF9B17E_zpsmmqgzvfi.jpg

The line was out the door to check in. Raglan Road was packed! They had a little bar set up outside where they were serving 4 different types of beer on tap (I think it was Guinness, Harp, and two others I don’t recall, but all were too dark for my liking), and dry red and white wine. We were given a buzzer and waited outside. The buzzer said something about “seating you within 15 minutes of your reservation”, and wouldn’t you know it, our buzzer went off at exactly 7:29.

The dancers came outside for a bit and performed.

7AD21C37-8F44-460C-9D9D-1F2286B97DA9_zps1igds7ws.jpg

There was also a band playing to the outdoor guests.

Like I said, it was PACKED and getting to our table was practically impossible. We had a really good seat with a prime view of the stage. We were kind of tucked in a little corner to the right of the entrance, it was a great spot.

60686143-4087-426D-8C62-9BB30F02D8D2_zpsvcr7y0ay.jpg

The dancers took turns sharing the stage with a band. They were really good! They played some 90's stuff and some recent stuff too.

Our server, Chris, came over and took our drink orders. It was a while before he returned, but we each ordered an adult beverage, and I also ordered water, Justin chose a Diet Coke (the Diet Coke was included on the dining plan, so wh not)!

To start off the meal, Justin went with a Blood Orange Bourbon.

9593626D-6156-45CC-85D9-601772B1C580_zpswze4swql.jpg

Blood Orange Bourbon: Bulleit Bourbon, Nolet’s Gin, and San Pellegrino Blood Orange, $13.50.

He raved about this drink. He said it was really strong and he drank it slowly. I had a sip and it was delicious.

I chose my new favorite, Magner’s Pear Cider ($8). It’s served in a bottle but our server had no problem bringing me a glass.

CC92ACC8-C44E-44FD-B194-5FF50377B2F6_zpsqycmuwet.jpg

Magner's Pear Cider - $8

Cheers to our last vacation as unmarried folk!

5B68E2A4-CD5C-47C7-A8C0-E0ED84E7A6F5_zps59otlfzq.jpg

Chris also brought us some of the famous Irish soda bread and Guinness reduction for dipping. This was really delicious. I think he said the Guinness reduction is a mix of Guinness and brown sugar. It’s really sweet. The bread is very dense – it’s nice to have a unique bread offering here.

A4FD41AE-9D67-4965-88DD-C4DE56F3A8F6_zpslwpmhrbx.jpg

3B218B09-99E7-4AB4-8AE9-3774D866071A_zps1yzjxj85.jpg

With the deluxe dining plan, we were each able to choose one of the individual appetizers, or one of the “shareable” appetizers. So many of these sounded so delicious - particularly the scallops, the dalkey duo, and the Kiss Before Shrimp.

Here are the individual apps:
49A4E45D-DE78-45B2-8A9B-6A0186AD5F4D_zpsxboyrvqt.jpg

And some shareable:
DF155751-146D-4445-BAA6-474A666A9028_zpsqpbmd1r4.jpg

We decided to share the nom nom wings!

3D6A0FDC-238C-4956-9A93-A76E2B352EE8_zpsgnzzzqn1.jpg

Nom Nom Wings: For sharing. Sweet ‘n spicy wings tossed in a honey, chili flake, soy and ginger sauce. $13

These wings were regular breaded wings tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce. It also came with a creamy, somewhat spicy mayo-based sauce for dipping. The bowl had 6 wings in it, which was a perfect app for us to share. If you’re into wings, this coupled with maybe a salad or another app, would make a great entrée.

These wings were GREAT. The sauce was the perfect amount of sweet and spicy, and the wings were nice and crispy. Not soggy whatsoever. Raglan Road was quickly redeeming itself!

When we were in line to check in, there was a family in front of us with 2 daughters who took Irish step dancing lessons. The Raglan Road dancers took a step aside as the young girls (individually) showed off their dance moves. They were great! The dancers also invited all of the young kids to come up and learn a dance. They all received a certificate at the end.

We ordered our entrees next. Our meal did take a while here but I never really felt like I was waiting around. There's a lot to watch. I liked that our server asked for our entrée order separate from our appetizer order. For entrees, I already knew what I wanted: fish and chips! And I could’ve told you before Justin even saw the menu that he’d order the burger. He loves a good burger.

The fish and chips came out in paper in a metal cone, and they dumped the cone onto the plate.

1CB91E56-90A6-4BDE-9567-56617D7FAB8A_zps0ysyim2l.jpg

2C4A4A3A-34EA-40D8-8425-46DE2FA40A2C_zpscq112mtj.jpg

Fish and Chips - Our famous beer battered fish & chips served with our fresh tartar sauce. $20

Justin ordered the Burger R Way, with the tomato chutney on the side. It had a thick slice of ham (in place of bacon), and it also came with fries.

873951bc-fd2b-42a5-ad43-731985107470_zpsnewsxulm.jpg

Burger 'R' Way - char-grilled sirloin beef burger with bacon, tomato chutney and Dubliner cheddar $16

I asked him what he thought, if the cheddar or ham made it particularly interesting, and he said “Not really, it was a decent burger.” He liked his meal and really liked Raglan Road, but he’s pretty easy to please so hearing “it was a decent burger” means he was satisfied.

My fish and chips were good. I probably managed to eat about half of my meal before I had to call it quits if I wanted to leave any room for dessert. I had eaten reeeeeallllyyyy good fish and chips the week before. Like probably among the best fish and chips I’d ever had (tied with a local Irish pub here & the ones at the UK quick service in Epcot), so while these were good, I wasn’t blown away. Definitely a delicious meal though - I love some good fish and chips!

For dessert, I knew I had to go with the one thing I loved about Raglan Road during my first visit: bread pudding!

I BARELY had any stomach room left but I managed to probably eat 25% of this. It was soooo delicious, but Ohana’s bread pudding still wins for me.

CD2B9623-E860-4F7A-BD3A-A61831B8EB57_zpsgqxo0825.jpg

Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding - Like no other pudding you have ever tried. Believe us $9.50

Excuse the following glamour shots of this luscious dessert. It comes with two sauces to pour over, one is a milky creamy sauce and the other is brown, kind of caramell-y if I recall correctly.

Omg, I can taste this now and I'm salivating.

After I poured the sauce:
ABAA8D26-37C1-4E7D-A8C7-4D0DE87A8193_zpsdy4ndpkq.jpg

Dumped out, it is ever-expanding!
02F3F89B-51B2-4FA6-9B83-0B33F889B5EA_zpsrsd5yvsu.jpg

And this is as far as I got. Barely a dent.

C74202A3-E4A9-4DD4-BF57-8D2BA0048CF1_zpsigmtohha.jpg

Justin had the flourless chocolate cake. As you can see in the photo above, he liked it!

ED231AF8-8455-404E-A410-BEA2FB540E62_zpshjulfa7z.jpg

Chocolate Heaven – Flourless chocolate cake, fresh berries, chocolate ganache with whipped cream, $9.50 (Gluten and dairy free)

He really liked this! Didn't rave about it, but he was happy.

Overall, we really liked Raglan Road. I will definitely be returning here. I would like to try their Sunday Brunch sometime, or maybe stop in during the day. It was fun at night but if you’re ever not up for the craziness of the restaurant and the loud music combined, I’d come during the day.

The prices also weren’t bad. Our total meal was $76 not including alcohol or tip, which isn’t bad for 2 entrees, 2 desserts, and an appetizer at Disney. We could’ve gotten out of here for probably $75 including alcohol had we not ordered desserts or an appetizer!

5ABCD9D8-8C44-4503-BCA7-B23F6B26F70B_zpsgvuohwan.jpg

I wanted to add, our server, Chris was THE BEST server we had during our trip. He was seriously fantastic. He was funny, there when he needed to be, and checked in on us just enough.

DINING PLAN BREAKDOWN: We ordered 3 things (Justin’s cocktail and my 2 ciders) that were not on the dining plan.

OOP: $29.50 for the drinks + tip
Dining Plan: $71.50 + tax

Total Dining Plan = $274.85 plus tax
Total OOP = $65.57 plus tip

Last edited:
Loving all the booze in your last two updates :drinking1 Biergarten has never appealed to me all that much since its a. a buffet and b. german food which doesn't excite me too much, but hello Schofferhofer!!! I'm so exited I found this at our local beer store the other day so I can now partake at home too.

Glad you all enjoyed Raglan. We had a similar experience as your first time, but I'm willing to give it another whirl. And I know Jason would love Justin's drink (says me as he is 3 feet down on the couch sipping whiskey). I think you ordered the same entree's as we had and while I liked the fish n chips they only had 1 piece of fish which wasn't great for sharing with that little person that eats half my meals. Did you get one or 2 pieces?

I loved your Raglan Road review! That bread pudding looks amazing!! (But I can't imagine anything better than 'Ohana's :D )
I was a little surprised at the appetizer. 6 wings for $13 are considered an app for sharing? There are $13 items on the individual's menu too. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want to share 6 wings with anyone o_O :P

Loving all the booze in your last two updates :drinking1 Biergarten has never appealed to me all that much since its a. a buffet and b. german food which doesn't excite me too much, but hello Schofferhofer!!! I'm so exited I found this at our local beer store the other day so I can now partake at home too.

Glad you all enjoyed Raglan. We had a similar experience as your first time, but I'm willing to give it another whirl. And I know Jason would love Justin's drink (says me as he is 3 feet down on the couch sipping whiskey). I think you ordered the same entree's as we had and while I liked the fish n chips they only had 1 piece of fish which wasn't great for sharing with that little person that eats half my meals. Did you get one or 2 pieces?

Yes! Love Schofferhofer, I was so glad when I found it at home too. Though for some reason it tastes better in fake-Germany. ;)

I really was surprised at how much we liked it the second time. Although, I have the same opinion of the fish and chips. It was a little much for me with all of the other stuff we had, but it was definitely not enough to share. I had 1 piece of fish that wasn't super long compared to fish and chips I've had at other places. Heck I think the portion is larger at the UK quick service for 1/2 the price.

I loved your Raglan Road review! That bread pudding looks amazing!! (But I can't imagine anything better than 'Ohana's :D )
I was a little surprised at the appetizer. 6 wings for $13 are considered an app for sharing? There are $13 items on the individual's menu too. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want to share 6 wings with anyone o_O :P

I said the same thing to Justin! I told him I thought 6 wings was crazy that they expected us to share, and he said there was no way either of us would've eaten 6 wings alone. But they were so good! I thought $13 was a little pricy, heck we get boneless wings all the time here (usually our places charge more for boneless), and we get 10 for $8 or $10.. so I think $13 for 6 was a bit much, although it is WDW I guess!!

Ohana still wins for bread pudding in my book, but this is almost just as good. It's a little lighter, less dense, with some raisins. The cream sauce takes it over the top. Ugh now I Want it!

I said the same thing to Justin! I told him I thought 6 wings was crazy that they expected us to share, and he said there was no way either of us would've eaten 6 wings alone. But they were so good! I thought $13 was a little pricy, heck we get boneless wings all the time here (usually our places charge more for boneless), and we get 10 for $8 or $10.. so I think $13 for 6 was a bit much, although it is WDW I guess!!

Ohana still wins for bread pudding in my book, but this is almost just as good. It's a little lighter, less dense, with some raisins. The cream sauce takes it over the top. Ugh now I Want it!
It sounds a bit pricey but also sounds a bit unfair if you're on the dining plan. As this is an app you're supposed to split, I'm sure they wouldn't count it as a single app if you each wanted to get one.
And price-wise it's not more expensive than some of the other things on the single-serving app menu. Just strange to me.. :confused3
Ugh, now I'm craving 'Ohana bread pudding!

I love 'Ohana bread pudding, so I think I need to revisit Raglan Road just for that. I can't believe it's taken me this long honestly, especially since we've been spending a lot of time at DS on our last few trips. I, too, can't wait for it to be completed. I personally think it's a great change and love that there's so many new unique dining options.

I FINALLY tried Schofferhofer in December at POR. I imagine it's even better on tap. Delicious!

Loved your Raglan Road review! Just made a reservation for Sunday Brunch!

TUSKER HOUSE

On Monday morning, we were up a little late-ish and got to AK around 8:30. Little did I know it was an EMH morning (I honestly think I had seen it and forgot all about it). We had Tusker House reservations for 9:35, but I was fully convinced we could get on the safari AND Dinosaur beforehand. As always, Justin told me I was crazy, we'd never make it (ahem, Biergarten ADR the day before), and he was right.

One spin on the safari and we were hauling it through Africa to make it to Tusker House on time!

I had booked this breakfast before our trip because we had the dining credits to use, and I really enjoyed it on a prior girls' trip. I thought Justin would really like it, and I also didn't want a heavy lunch ADR with our dinner at Narcoossee's being that night. Well, on Friday before our trip, we had every intention of stopping at a favorite Pittsburgh pizza place before the baseball game, and we couldn't squeeze it in beforehand due to timing. So now we wanted pizza, and we dropped Tusker House and booked Via Napoli. In our Raglan Road bread pudding-induced stupor, we decided to cancel VN (again, didn't want to be too full), and go with Tusker House. Thankfully a reservation was open and we were able to grab it.

Something new I had never seen before: the hostesses at TH asked for our phone number. Instead of a buzzer, they sent us a text when our table was ready. It literally only took 2 minutes, but it was a neat concept!

The area where the buffet sits is just huge.

DSCN0178_zpsakckmbgx.jpg

There is a ton that sits to the right and behind this, too!

Would you look at that carving station!?

DSCN0179_zps1ilxljwn.jpg

Our table was in a back room, to the right, kind of secluded off with 3 or 4 other families.

I believe this one-color wonder was my first plate.

DSCN0182_zpsiqylpyc5.jpg

At the top, we have some bacon, to the right of that, carved ham with mustard. Followed by a donut hole, a chocolate twist, a biscuit, and a Mickey waffle. In the middle is some roasted potatoes, and next to that, tater tots.

DSCN0183_zpsykpfdrjd.jpg

Justin's first plate consisted of: bacon, scrambled eggs, donut holes, tater tots, Mickey waffle, biscuits and gravy, a plantain (which he hated lol), and some ham.

And my second plate:

DSCN0184_zpsm3cyccfk.jpg

More tater tots, crumb cake (divine), bacon, Mickey waffle and some butter, a biscuit with a little gravy, and a greasy Disney sausage patty.

I'm not entirely sure what was on Justin's second plate, but I believe it included some Mickey waffles, bacon, and biscuits and gravy.

Here, they have the infamous Jungle Juice that we all know and love.

DSCN0185_zpshqf1ckl0.jpg

Once we had finished eating, Goofy and Minnie were still what felt like light years away, so we decided not to wait. (I know, bad Dis-er!)

On our way out of Africa, we passed the new soccer team:

DSCN0195_zps6eynzkm9.jpg

And we ran into the infamous... Thumper! (The line was soooo long or I would've loved to meet Thumper)

5667DEE6-4A2E-4C76-886E-896EA1D6C1A7_zpscy5v0rvz.jpg

We lasted for a few more rides in AK (specifically It's Tough to Be A Bug, Justin's new favorite, cue all the screaming kiddos) before heading back to Pop for a little break.

Overall.. Tusker House is a win in my book. Is it worth $30 per adult for what we ate? Probably not. I probably paid $3 per tater tot. But, given that we were on the dining plan and this was our only character meal, I say it was worth it.

Highlights include: the carving station, Mickey waffles (duh!), biscuits and gravy, and the abundant choices. There is so much to choose from, for adventurous eaters and non-adventurous eaters.

The buffet includes a wide variety of items. For whatever reason, I wasn't feeling too adventurous that morning so I didn't try and of the awesome African inspired offerings, including: plantains, sweet potato/raisin/coconut medley, beef bobotie, pap, ham and cheese frittata, potato and leek frittata, etc. There are so many different pastry options such as cheese blintzes, croissants, bagels, bread, chocolate twists, donut holes, crumb cake, all that jazz. Fruit, salmon, oatmeal, dried fruit, kids' options, cereal, carving station.. something for everyone.

We didn't eat a ton but it was enough to hold us over until mid-afternoon. By about 2 PM-ish we were back at MK on the hunt for a snack!

We would definitely return to TH but I don't know that we get our money's worth out of buffets. Maybe if we weren't doing deluxe dining and we were a little hungrier?
DINING PLAN BREAKDOWN: The only thing we paid OOP for here was the tip! Breakfast here is $30 per adult.

OOP: Tip only

Dining Plan: $60.00 + tax
Total Dining Plan = $334.85 plus tax

Last edited:
I love 'Ohana bread pudding, so I think I need to revisit Raglan Road just for that. I can't believe it's taken me this long honestly, especially since we've been spending a lot of time at DS on our last few trips. I, too, can't wait for it to be completed. I personally think it's a great change and love that there's so many new unique dining options.

I FINALLY tried Schofferhofer in December at POR. I imagine it's even better on tap. Delicious!

I cannot wait to try the new dining options! We usually only get over there once per trip, but now that it has so much new stuff I think we'll be spending more time there. I have been wanting to try the Boathouse so that may need to be next on my list.

I am so glad you liked Schofferhofer! So good!

Loved your Raglan Road review! Just made a reservation for Sunday Brunch!

Sunday Brunch sounds GREAT! I think that menu looks so good. I hope your nephew continues to improve!

MK SNACKS / NARCOOSSEE'S

We made it to MK and were able to catch some of Festival of Fantasy. I had in my notes that we were back at the room at 2 pm, but maybe that's when we left since we saw the 3 pm parade.. anyways!

We were hungry after having not eaten lunch, so we decided to use some snack credits that afternoon.

6A3DB638-23EA-4A1E-B41F-3A22EF2E3C69_zpspfuaz9du.jpg

I don't even know what we rode, I know we rode Buzz because I told Justin he could get his Mickey pretzel at the Lunching Pad but he insisted on getting it elsewhere, so we trekked towards Fantasyland where I had to stop for something I'd been wanting to try for a while.. LeFou's Brew!

5CB6C058-A59F-4E68-8642-6ACAC01BE9FB_zpsqqxe0vbt.jpg

They have a couple of different snacks here, mainly the huge cinnamon rolls (still need to try one!), pastries, veggies, and fruit.

834085FA-467D-4084-AD21-062D1F503F25_zpsylvsdx1c.jpg

DA058704-2470-4F5B-81DB-313111E80C66_zpshejnievr.jpg

I finally had my LeFou's Brew! It was $4.49 and I used a snack credit.

0B68B627-3FA4-402F-A106-CF0AC2112C29_zpswepdj0pz.jpg

9AB15079-A6A2-4E46-B8B8-DD4772AC0CF4_zps4wndqwuo.jpg

Ok, this was seriously DELICIOUS. I honestly didn't know what to expect, with the mix of apple, passionfruit and marshmallow. The base mostly tasted like an apple juice slush, and the foam on top was not overpowering at all. It was refreshing and I'll definitely be getting this again.

LeFou's Brew & da castle looking great on a sunny day.

EFA44E06-2ADE-4EB9-99DA-50A1FB273DD0_zpscjybsuhn.jpg

We were just enjoying our time strolling & snacking and made a loop through Liberty Square, past the castle, and into Tomorrowland because Justin couldn't find his Mickey Pretzel (hint hint, they're in Frontierland) and we ended up back at the Lunching Pad.

14F68027-FF28-4639-B2CB-08C5EC74ECD4_zps9tcsuazl.jpg

The people around us had some delicious looking slushies, they're listed on the menu for a snack credit.

They serve the new ham and cheese stuffed pretzels here, too!

2D55C588-2544-43BA-9697-9BA4D48E3F09_zpsnvpc6jwe.jpg

Justin ordered his beloved Mickey pretzel with cheese, for 1 snack credit total. We made sure to check since on a prior trip they charged us 2 credits and we would've rather paid $1 for the cheese cup!

6297ED85-F06C-44BA-8707-1A08F0780BDD_zpsf2m0wods.jpg

Few things taste better than a soft Mickey pretzel in the Magic Kingdom!

After some more rides and strolling around MK, we decided to head over to the Grand Floridian before our reservation at Narcoossee's. We hung in the lobby for a little, changed clothes and freshened up, and debated getting a drink at Mizner's. We ultimately decided against it because it was pretty busy and thought we'd sit at the bar at Narcoossee's instead.

47FFE3F1-5D4F-4D57-B0C7-F12FBC3091A2_zpsz1m3zt84.jpg

We checked in about a half hour early and they were able to take us for our reservation a few minutes later.

Next.. our fantastic meal at Narcoossee's.

DINING PLAN BREAKDOWN: We used 2 snack credits in the Magic Kingdom.

Dining Plan: $10.18 ($4.49 LeFou's brew, $4.69 pretzel, $1 cheese cup)

Total Dining Plan = $345.34 plus tax

Last edited:
I love LeFou's Brew! I'm sure I'll be getting one on our upcoming vacation. It's suppose to be in the 90s all week! Thank you for your well wishes for my nephew!:love:

Once we had finished eating, Goofy and Minnie were still what felt like light years away, so we decided not to wait. (I know, bad Dis-er!)
Bad Dis-er! How could you?? :sad2:

And we ran into the infamous... Thumper!
Thumper! I didn't even know you could meet him anywhere!!!

Ok, this was seriously DELICIOUS. I honestly didn't know what to expect, with the mix of apple, passionfruit and marshmallow.
I really wanted to try this last trip and I think I didn't because I was afraid it would disappoint (stupid reason!) - well, next trip for sure!

They serve the new ham and cheese stuffed pretzels here, too!
OMG!!!!!! :cloud9: Too bad it's not a snack credit :rolleyes:

Can't wait for Narcoossees!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter