I Wish I Would've Packed More Stretchy Pants - Deluxe Dining Report April 2016 - 6/30 LE CELLIER

Great reviews so far! I always have to bring stretchy pants for the ride home after a Disney World trip!! :scared:

Sounds like you had the same fab Ohana experience we did in March! We did an early dinner (5pm) followed by the evening at MK, just like you! Ohana is definitely a must do for us!

Enjoying your report. We are trying Ohana on our trip coming up. It looks delicious!
And that La Vie en Rose Slushy....yum...can't wait to try it.

Next, we headed towards France for the Fleur de Lys booth. Justin wanted something from the bakery but decided to save that for another day. We contemplated the duck confit, but instead with a liquid option.

I chose the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy.

BFE2737A-7F39-4249-982F-26E3F082C6EC_zpszwq03xaj.jpg

La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Grey Goose Orange Vodka, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice, $9.95

This was fantastic! Perfectly sweet without being syrupy, and just enough of a jolt from the alcohol. It was refreshing and delicious. I’m really glad I chose this.

That looks great but I can never get drinks with St Germain in them - it tastes like perfume to me!
Next up were the potstickers and honey coriander wings, which are possibly our favorite part of the meal. I could make a meal off the wings alone… SOOOOO good! and I’m not even a wings eater. Justin loves the potstickers and our server brought us some more. The potstickers are pan-seared here, not steamed.

The pot stickers look incredible. Although do they get the wing marinade on them at all sharing a plate? I'm one of those people who think coriander tastes like dish soap so if the sauce touches both of them I wouldn't be able to have them.

Dessert is one of the best parts of the meal – pineapple coconut bread pudding with bananas foster sauce! Justin hates bread pudding, so I get it all to myself (YES!!!) but he eats the ice cream off the top because I don’t like to risk it with too much dairy. It’s a match made in heaven, actually.

0B72369D-2B3A-4DB0-9ED9-85D176E34B93_zpsooryxhzm.jpg

I nearly polished off this entire piece of bread pudding. It was just as delicious as I recall. I nearly ate bread pudding 3 out of 4 days on this trip, more on that later, but I just love it.

I'm planning on getting this at the Tambu lounge after all the rave reviews.

Your Ohana review has me starving this morning! It all looks great and it's a nice option now for a early dinner or late lunch, as I know I leave their stuffed.

Jumping over from your other trip report!

I see so many reviews of 'Ohana and most say how amazing it is. I'm just not sure if it's for me - I am very meat & potatoes (like your fiance, I guess :p). My family did eat at 'Ohana once to experience the restaurant, but it was for breakfast (which we really enjoyed, by the way)

Is that the same dessert O'Hanna has always served? I have not eaten there in @ 4 years. But we are in May :-)

Great reviews so far! We tried our first grapefruit beer last week and loved it! Had the Rose slush but didn't enjoy the floral-ness of it.

OHANA

We had our one must-do reservation for dinner that night, Ohana. In 3 of our last 4 trips, we have dined at Ohana on our first night, so I decided to keep the streak going here. We missed the 180 day mark by a few months, so I was happy when I grabbed an 8:10 PM reservation just after we booked in December.

A few months later, I read online about Ohana changing their hours to open up earlier. I was able to get a reservation for 4:15 PM, which Justin was happy about. He always says he hates leaving Ohana feeling so full and going home and going right to bed.

We ended up really making this work, we headed to Magic Kingdom after our break in the room, took a spin on Splash Mountain and I think 7DMT, and took it all in for a little before heading to the Poly for our reservation.

The Express Monorail was just arriving so we took that monorail to the TTC and walked to the Poly. The walk is short and we enjoy it. I just love the Poly vibe.. felt like home! ;) We decided to check in, although we were a little early, around 3:50. We were seated almost immediately! We both had gone to the restroom and the pager started buzzing as Justin was walking out. It was a nice change of pace, since usually we wait for at least 20-30 minutes for Ohana.

We had a great server, Sam, she was really sweet. She took our drink orders (Diet Coke all around) and was back pretty quickly with them.

It felt like we were rushed through the appetizers, so we just took our time eating. First comes the bread, which is one of my favorite parts… Justin thinks he “knows better” than to fill up on bread, but I never question that crazy statement. More bread for me! ;) This bread is awesome. For some reason they didn't give us butter and I had to ask, but it was brought out very quickly.

1C18FF81-25DE-44DA-BC1B-B961CC2972AF_zps5x2ptzxd.jpg

Then comes the salad, which had some mushrooms, carrots, and other veggies amongst it. It also has wonton strips and a passionfruit vinaigrette. I really like the salad, it is light and refreshing. The salad had more toppings on it than this, but Justin had already taken his portion before I took the picture.

33DE2A78-905D-475D-AD91-EE5CA635F514_zpsojj5zlyi.jpg

Next up were the potstickers and honey coriander wings, which are possibly our favorite part of the meal. I could make a meal off the wings alone… SOOOOO good! and I’m not even a wings eater. Justin loves the potstickers and our server brought us some more. The potstickers are pan-seared here, not steamed.

7F4B0F3D-A86A-4649-853C-82B907B80AE3_zpstxftylfu.jpg

We were also given some dipping sauces, one is I think a sweet and sour, and I think the other is a peanut sauce.

EADCE6F9-1701-46D0-833E-2B4AC2BF4AF5_zpsvwzedf4w.jpg

Thankfully we had a few minutes before our noodles and veggies came out. The veggies were cooked really nicely this time, not too crunchy but not soggy. The noodles are always delicious, too!

CE2B5EC6-A9E2-4901-8CA6-3653F227C012_zpsactadhix.jpg

Then the server comes around with skewers of Szechuan sirloin steak, chicken thighs, and peel and eat shrimp. We each had a few pieces of steak, which was juicy and flavorful. I love the different marinades they use on the meat here. (Sorry, no pictures.. I hate photographing a dirty plate and my plate was not appetizing with chicken bones all over it!)

Chicken was next, I had a really juicy piece of chicken thigh that I really enjoyed. I don’t typically like chicken thighs but these were delicious and had a lot of flavor. Unfortunately when I got a second piece of chicken, it was hard as a rock and totally dried out. I tasted it and it just tasted like straight smoke from the grill! Justin was nice enough to give me a piece of his since he had asked for a few more.

Justin doesn’t eat shrimp, but I LOVE IT. The menu lists it as “spicy grilled shrimp” but I don’t think it’s very spicy. You do have to peel it yourself.

BBBFCF6D-77F3-4263-840C-7FBA26DC83AE_zpsqavqfmkg.jpg

All while you are eating, Auntie sings and plays games with the kids. We always end up at an aisle table, and for an entire hour I pray to God that Auntie doesn’t come serenade us. Something about it is just so awkward. Auntie sings cute songs, wishes Happy Birthdays, etc. She also had leis to give to the kids (and adults if they asked). Sorry lady, I’m just here for the food!

Of course I can’t leave out the all-important.. COCONUT RACE! Which is seriously the funniest thing. They corral up all the kids at the middle of the restaurant, give them a broom and a big hairy coconut, and have them race to the finish line. We were seated right next to the race way which just made for some funny moments. Some kids get real into it! Others are dragged by their parents and mope for 30 feet because they’d rather be eating chicken fingers.

Speaking of chicken fingers, I see a lot of people asking about kids meals at Ohana. If your little ones aren’t into the Hawaiian cuisine, let your server know! In the multiple times we’ve been there, we usually see a platter of chicken nuggets and French fries, and some mac and cheese, for the kids. I have also seen hot dogs. And they bring out a special dessert for them too! Little brownie cupcakes with icing and M&M’s.

Dessert is one of the best parts of the meal – pineapple coconut bread pudding with bananas foster sauce! Justin hates bread pudding, so I get it all to myself (YES!!!) but he eats the ice cream off the top because I don’t like to risk it with too much dairy. It’s a match made in heaven, actually.

0B72369D-2B3A-4DB0-9ED9-85D176E34B93_zpsooryxhzm.jpg

I nearly polished off this entire piece of bread pudding. It was just as delicious as I recall. I nearly ate bread pudding 3 out of 4 days on this trip, more on that later, but I just love it.

Of course we will return to Ohana again. Our meal there was probably one of the best we’ve ever had. The service was great, and we loved the early evening vibe. We were out of there with plenty of time for some Magic Kingdom rides that night!

Both Justin and I rated this meal a 5. Aside from being a little rushed with the first few appetizers, our service was outstanding and the food was amazing as always.

It was really nice doing Ohana early in the evening, on a somewhat empty stomach. We had been up for 12 hours and had not eaten much at F&G, so we weren't stuffed to the brim afterwards and managed to get back to MK for a few rides.

We had FP's for Splash and Big Thunder that evening so we did those, and maybe another attraction or two. I think we might have done Pirates.

756169E7-BA7A-4E0D-A6E8-76BEEFD949C9_zpscobpkuie.jpg

Post-splash Selfie

We had a very important date that night at 8:45 at the TTC.. the Ferrytale Wishes Dessert Cruise. I will explain how we got there and what we thought of it in my next post.

DINING PLAN BREAKDOWN: Dinner for 2 at Ohana came to $85 after tax. It's priced at about $40/person. We used 2 table service credits.

OOP: Tip
Dining Plan: $85

Total OOP: $25.95 + Tip
Total Dining Plan: $131.70

Is this the same dessert that has always been served? I don't remember it having coconut. But I haven't eaten there in at least 4 years.

Holy crap Ashley, I was just wondering when you were going to start this and here I am almost a week behind :scared: But its's all ok now.....I have arrived :thumbsup2

Ashley!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm late!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness- everything looks so good!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:
And I'm having flashbacks of our 'Ohana meal (which is good because that might get me to write my report a little faster!)
So glad you had a nice time and can't wait to read more!!!!!!!!!!! :rainbow:

I love your reviews! Those Ohana pics have me craving the shrimp now!! And, pot stickers!

To do Ohana's or not, that is the question that I always ask myself every trip. After reading your report, now I'm wanting to snag a reservation!

I hope you enjoy it! Some people love it and others hate it, we just happen to loooooooove it. :)

On our first trip to WDW, we chose Kona Cafe over Ohana's, thinking maybe we'll go the next time. (BTW, I had my best meal at Kona Cafe!) Well, we bypassed Ohana's again for our upcoming trip, mostly because we're traveling with my sister and her family (it's their first trip to WDW). Since we are from Hawaii, they felt Ohana's was too similar to what we have back home. Well, that may be true, but your pictures made me decide that if/when we make our next trip, we'll have to make sure to include Ohana's. WOW, so yummy looking!

It is delicious! I loved Kona for breakfast. I will have to try their lunch/dinner menu sometime.

We love 'Ohana! I've seen a lot of mixed reviews, however, I have not had a bad experience and my best experience was just last December. The meat on the skewers was so tender and delicious and of course all the sides were fantastic as well. Let's keep that a secret though, so we can still get reservations!

Definitely need to keep it a secret, although after visiting once every trip I'm not sure I have done a good job of that, LOL!

Great reviews so far! I always have to bring stretchy pants for the ride home after a Disney World trip!! :scared:

Thank you!! They are a necessity, especially on the plane.

Sounds like you had the same fab Ohana experience we did in March! We did an early dinner (5pm) followed by the evening at MK, just like you! Ohana is definitely a must do for us!

Yes! Loved the early dinner, I will definitely be booking that time slot again. :)

Enjoying your report. We are trying Ohana on our trip coming up. It looks delicious!
And that La Vie en Rose Slushy....yum...can't wait to try it.

The slush was delicious, I was so glad I tried it! Have a great trip!

That looks great but I can never get drinks with St Germain in them - it tastes like perfume to me!

The pot stickers look incredible. Although do they get the wing marinade on them at all sharing a plate? I'm one of those people who think coriander tastes like dish soap so if the sauce touches both of them I wouldn't be able to have them.

I'm planning on getting this at the Tambu lounge after all the rave reviews.

That is too funny, I have never had St Germain on its own so I have no idea what it even tastes!

I don't really notice the wing sauce, I think typically they are separated, maybe only touching a bit. I can't believe Coriander tastes that way to you.. yuck! I'm sure if you asked they'd bring them out separately. :)

You must!!! It is amazing!!!

Your Ohana review has me starving this morning! It all looks great and it's a nice option now for a early dinner or late lunch, as I know I leave their stuffed.

Definitely a great early dinner/late lunch option! I always have to eat light beforehand if I want to enjoy myself so I love that they have the earlier hours.

Yummy! 'Ohana is one of our favorites. Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for reading! :)

Jumping over from your other trip report!

I see so many reviews of 'Ohana and most say how amazing it is. I'm just not sure if it's for me - I am very meat & potatoes (like your fiance, I guess :p). My family did eat at 'Ohana once to experience the restaurant, but it was for breakfast (which we really enjoyed, by the way)

We did love breakfast, too! Nice selection and some unique items like the breads and fruit, with the different sausage/potatoes.. I would love to have breakfast there again. Thanks for joining!

Is that the same dessert O'Hanna has always served? I have not eaten there in @ 4 years. But we are in May :-)

I think it has been, I have only eaten there in the last 2 or so years so I have no idea, but it is delicious! :)

Great reviews so far! We tried our first grapefruit beer last week and loved it! Had the Rose slush but didn't enjoy the floral-ness of it.

Yayyyy! The grapefruit beer is the best!! I think I was so excited about the drink I didn't notice too much floral-ness but it was definitely there.

Okay, so I DID snag an Ohana's reservation! Yay!!! At 5:25 on a night we were going to the MK! I still can't believe it.

Wahoo!!! :cool1:

Is this the same dessert that has always been served? I don't remember it having coconut. But I haven't eaten there in at least 4 years.

I *think* so - there's also a chance it doesn't have coconut and I just thought it did HAHA! So I am not totally sure.

Lucky you! The only time I could get was 8:05pm.

8:05 is good because at least you get to go, but it is sooo late!

Holy crap Ashley, I was just wondering when you were going to start this and here I am almost a week behind :scared: But its's all ok now.....I have arrived :thumbsup2

THE QUEEN HAS ARRIVED! :cheer2: So glad you are here, you didn't miss much, I got super excited and posted 2 updates and haven't done one since LOL!

Ashley!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I'm late!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness- everything looks so good!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:
And I'm having flashbacks of our 'Ohana meal (which is good because that might get me to write my report a little faster!)
So glad you had a nice time and can't wait to read more!!!!!!!!!!! :rainbow:

YAYYY you're here!! :wave: I have flashbacks of Ohana every. single. day. :rotfl:

I love your reviews! Those Ohana pics have me craving the shrimp now!! And, pot stickers!

Thank you! I love that shrimp.. soooo delicious :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter