I win!! Coldest temps today!!! Stay warm!!!

pcolagifts,

Are you in Pensacola? DD and her DH live near Perido Key.

herc.

It REALLY sucks, but hopefully it will only stick around for the weekend...then it can warm back up...so positive digits!! I got home from work...surprised that my car fired right up after being out for 9 hours...and cranked the heat up to 71...time to take a hot bath and go to bed...forget about the weather outside!!

Keep warm...stay safe

Whoa. I hate that it's 30 degrees with snow on the ground here. I can't even imagine -62!! :eek: I don't mean to sound like the idiot from California (though now I live on the east coast), but do people go outside when it's that cold? How do you breathe? How do cars start?

This concept is totally alien to me.

We have a -30 wind chill forecast for this weekend. Everyone will go on like it's business as usual. My husband's driver-side door usually gets stuck closed when it's this cold but both our vehicles start right up. My kids went to school today but stayed inside during recess. I don't like to be outside when it's this cold but I guess I'm used to it. I live in WI & can guarantee someone will not be wearing their shirt during the Green Bay game on Sunday. That's nutty!!! :scared1:

Whoa. I hate that it's 30 degrees with snow on the ground here. I can't even imagine -62!! :eek: I don't mean to sound like the idiot from California (though now I live on the east coast), but do people go outside when it's that cold? How do you breathe? How do cars start?

When I was a kid growing up in Wisconsin, my mom used to take the battery out of the car at night and bring it into the house so that it would stay warm and the car would start the next day. That all worked great until one day she slipped on the ice, dropped the battery which broke. She decided to pack up and move south.

The high was 25 degrees here today which is cold for us in NM!

I live in WI & can guarantee someone will not be wearing their shirt during the Green Bay game on Sunday. That's nutty!!! :scared1:

GO PACKERS!! Going to be a COLD day there, though I talked to my dad and he said that it isn't supposed to be too windy, so that will help with the temp. But you SO know there will be more then one person without clothes on painted up...not me...

When I was a kid growing up in Wisconsin, my mom used to take the battery out of the car at night and bring it into the house so that it would stay warm and the car would start the next day. That all worked great until one day she slipped on the ice, dropped the battery which broke. She decided to pack up and move south.

Oh no!

We are supposed to have 2-4" of snow tomorrow which is a big deal 'round these parts!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

All you Farmington/Lakeville people it is getting colder tonight, -30 to -40 wind chill, keep bundled up. If we don't freeze we will be in WDW Tue. We can't wait.:cool1:

We have a -30 wind chill forecast for this weekend. Everyone will go on like it's business as usual. My husband's driver-side door usually gets stuck closed when it's this cold but both our vehicles start right up. My kids went to school today but stayed inside during recess. I don't like to be outside when it's this cold but I guess I'm used to it. I live in WI & can guarantee someone will not be wearing their shirt during the Green Bay game on Sunday. That's nutty!!! :scared1:

GO PACKERS! A perfect place for a playoff game. Glad I'll be cheering them on from my living room! I'm in Green Bay and hating every minute of the cold, but dreaming of our WDW trip in March.

As far as the car, my hubby's work truck (full of tools goes in the heated garage at night). Daughter and I have headbolt heaters on our engines that we plug in each night. Go out about 10-15 minutes before we need to leave and start them up. Back in for a cup of coffee and off we go. We layer our clothes ( cuddle duds, T-necks, fleece, down ) I don't usually get cold. I looked at the temp when I got home today and at 8:45 am it was -70 with the wind chill. I was running errands at 9:30 am. Just leave the car running and do short errands( video store, grocery for a few things, and the liquor store for wine) It is about -35 right now but will get gusty later tonight so it will be really cold. My daughter is out ice fishing tonight. ( in an ice house) . School goes on as usual unless it is -40 temp or windchill at 5:00 am. Then they start 2 hours late. I am in Bemidji ( 250 miles north of Minneapolis). It will last for a couple days and then it will be only -10 for 4 days. Stay warm.

As far as the car, my hubby's work truck (full of tools goes in the heated garage at night). Daughter and I have headbolt heaters on our engines that we plug in each night. Go out about 10-15 minutes before we need to leave and start them up. Back in for a cup of coffee and off we go. We layer our clothes ( cuddle duds, T-necks, fleece, down ) I don't usually get cold. I looked at the temp when I got home today and at 8:45 am it was -70 with the wind chill. I was running errands at 9:30 am. Just leave the car running and do short errands( video store, grocery for a few things, and the liquor store for wine) It is about -35 right now but will get gusty later tonight so it will be really cold. My daughter is out ice fishing tonight. ( in an ice house) . School goes on as usual unless it is -40 temp or windchill at 5:00 am. Then they start 2 hours late. I am in Bemidji ( 250 miles north of Minneapolis). It will last for a couple days and then it will be only -10 for 4 days. Stay warm.

Oh my word! I will stop complaining when our low in the morning is 8 degrees. I would have to migrate south in the winters if I lived in your neck of the woods (or be paid 5 times my salary to stick it out through the winters).

Cooled off but warmed up too. It is straight temp of -26 this morning but at 4:56 am it recorded a -55 wind chill. Just staying home today and taking down the Xmas tree. The last two weekends have been really nice (10-20) and we have been out doing fun stuff. Thank goodness for an artificial tree. Hubby refused to turn the tree lights on last night. It is time. Making stew and cocoa today. Actually like these days.

my kids woke up this morning..."Mom let's go ski/snowboarding today" my response "no not today dear kids" I will not be freezing my butt off today.. Inside day today.. To bad my oldest has guitar lessons at 10:AM -14 below I do not even know what the windchill temp is.. This is fun I will look like a criminal when I go outside with my mask and furry hat...

You are too funny! Yes, life goes on as usual. Most cars still start, but probably not all, it depends on your car and your garage LOL. Today, we have to drop our son off for a retreat up north (even colder) and then I need to go to the library, Target and Kohls. Tomorrow morning I'm meeting a friend for breakfast. And it's -17 at my house this morning without windchill.

Are you sure you don't want to come and visit for awhile??? LOL!!!!

But, just cuz life goes on, doesn't mean I enjoy it LOL, I hate this weather!!!

Did you fellow MN folks see the fuel gelled in the heaters at the Pond Hockey tourney so they couldn't even put up their warming tents this morning???? That is cold!

Did you fellow MN folks see the fuel gelled in the heaters at the Pond Hockey tourney so they couldn't even put up their warming tents this morning???? That is cold!

I didn't hear about that...personally I was amazed that they were still doing the tournament!

Yep, it's a cold one today.
I am in Hutchinson, about 60/70 miles West of Minneapolis. This morning it was -15º with the windchill around -29º Brrrrr

I really don't want to go anywhere today! ;)

I felt so badly for the NBC newswoman who was covering the Pond Hockey Tournament this morning. She looked so cold and miserable, and then the sound on their microphones started cutting out...

I'll be indoors for most of the weekend, except when Hubby and I venture out to meet some friends (at a bar to be determined...) to watch the Green Bay game tomorrow!

I'm honestly considering not venturing down to my mailbox at all today! :scared:

I felt so badly for the NBC newswoman who was covering the Pond Hockey Tournament this morning. She looked so cold and miserable, and then the sound on their microphones started cutting out...

I'll be indoors for most of the weekend, except when Hubby and I venture out to meet some friends (at a bar to be determined...) to watch the Green Bay game tomorrow!

I'm honestly considering not venturing down to my mailbox at all today! :scared:

LOL, I drove to my mailbox. But, I was on my way to the store, so I could. The stores were quite busy, I hit Target, Kohls, Cub and the library and there were plenty of people shopping at all of them. Gotta love it here, no one stays home! That said, if I can get away with it, I'm not going out again until Monday afternoon.

We had -5 earlier in the week....but this has been an unusually warm January for us. We are supposed to have a storm tonight...we'll see what that brings.

ETA: The county snow plow kept taking our mailbox out last year so we gave up and got a PO Box. :lmao:

I just looked at my temperature station and it is -18 right now with a wind chill of -35. It was -62 at 5:15am with the windchill. It is supposed to get colder as the day wears on and the wind will pick up. How crazy is that!!!!:santa: :woohoo:

Thats one i don't want to win. :scared: We've had that kind of weather before and i don't like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter