I went to Walmart and I bought.......

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by tony64, Oct 4, 2009.

1. tony64

tony64 <font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font

I've seen soooo many threads on Wal-mart I thought it would be good to list the things we all go for especially.

I always get fishing tackle, country music cd's and a few dvd's
    DW always gets scrapbooking stuff, Betty crocker cake mixes and various choccy bars with peanut butter in.

We have bought a new throw for the bed and on more than one occasion, an extra case to get all our goodies home. :goodvibes

What do you go to Wal mart for?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JohnnySharp2

JohnnySharp2 No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a

Nothing, sorry mate only ever been in once and came straight out again. :)

4. jockey

jockey <font color=deeppink>Repeat after me....I LOVE CRO

We go to Walmart for...

Electronics, food, wine, beer chocolate, toys....and joke tacky gifts!

I love Walmart, although we prefer Target!:)

5. Pegasus928

Pegasus928 DIS Veteran

We normally go on our first night to stock the villa up with everyday provisions but will go back during the holiday to kit DD out with tops and trousers. She isn't a big girl by any means but the clothes she can buy in there always fit better than any we can buy in the UK - and last a lot longer to.

6. Jez123

Jez123 Earning My Ears

On our last trip, we went to Walmart and came out with (amongst other things) a 6 man tent, which my DH said was too good a buy to pass up! We put it through with our luggage on flight home and was amazingly still within baggage allowances...

7. jen_uk

jen_uk <font color=6666cc>Eurovision Nut !!<font color=33

We bought supplies for the room, snacks and drinks etc. Dh bought some fishing stuff which he says was a bargain, I bought some Hershey choc which I love and we also got a couple of t-shirts :goodvibes

8. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

We went to Walmart on the first day to buy t-shirts, as our cases were late.
    Apart from that it was mainly for food shopping :)

9. Twilight Terror

Twilight Terror DIS Veteran

We go to Wal-Mart for just about everything on our first day. Normally, we come out with at least: food, some DVDs - usually box sets of TV shows that aren't available in the UK, music, shampoo (they sell an extra large bottle of our shampoo that's getting harder to find in the UK, and half the price!), I try and buy all my DS games for the year, since they are 1) cheaper, 2) still compatible! Last year, I bought and completed Professor Layton 1 six months before it was even released here! My most random item this year was the Singer Hand-held Sewing Machine - perfect for finishing off our costumes before MNSSHP! :rotfl:

In the past though we've bought clothes, underwear, suitcase, baking equipment, cookie cutters, material (LOVE their sewing section!), towels, gifts, shoes, microwavable bowls, torches, batteries (bargain!!!), pens

10. GibboFLA

GibboFLA Earning My Ears

Anything the wife tells me to!!!!:rotfl2:

Normally t-shirts/polo shirts as they fit me better, toys for the kids, groceries and household stuff for the villa to last us the fortnight.

11. howlongtillsummer?

howlongtillsummer? DIS Veteran

Matching diney t-shirts for me and DD. Food. Beer. Nintendo DS games. CDs for car. A cross stitch set. All our pressies. Mugs. Toys.

We bought a Country Bears DVD but it won't work over here?? :confused3

Big Wallmart fan but DH HATES it (except beer and liquor parts!!) He doesn't mind any other supermarket so not sure what the problem is?

12. Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Pooh's-Honey-Pot Disney Bride June 19th 2006

Disney clothes for the parks (and at home!!)
    Sunglasses
    Double stuffed oreos
    Orville Redenbacks popcorn
    Saltines
    Reeses cups (though Morrisons have started doing them now, yey!!)
    Mountain dew
    Make up and toiletries, as my faves are so much cheaper
    Cake mixes that we can't get over here

Yes . . . mine are mainly food related!!:rotfl2:

13. igk

igk DIS Veteran

I'm planning to buy and air mattress for DD to sleep on in the 1BR at OKW. The combination of 12y/o DS and 10y/o DD sharing a sofabed is a recipe for disaster :sad2:
    ...unless I get upgraded to a 2BR, but that, I'm afraid, seems very unlikely!

14. tony64

tony64 <font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font

Hi
    You'll need to get a multi-regional DVD player to watch DVD from the states, they're not very expensive, we got ours off of amazon. :thumbsup2

15. kieras nana

kieras nana DIS Veteran

we always go in oct,so buy loads of toys,for christmas.a few years ago,we bought our grandaughter a bike.she was 4 at the time.it was in a box,straight in the boot,out of the boot,onto the conveyor belt.no hassle at all!
    love my xmas decorations,from walmart as well.
    my hubby,certainly doesn't share my love of walmart,till we come back & see the toys here,for practically double the price:thumbsup2
    tracy

16. Twilight Terror

Twilight Terror DIS Veteran

Mine is region-free, and was £19.99 from Currys. Technically, the machine is advertised as a region 2, but they supply you with the code to unlock it and make it multi-regional!! I'm now on my second generation of these models!

17. Shazzie B

Shazzie B DIS Veteran

My DH hates Walmart too; we do the usual 'supplies' shopping & DS games etc but have also bought, school shoes! Knitting wool, and yellow duck accessories for the bathroom.:rotfl2:

18. DISWolves

DISWolves Dreams really can come true !!!!

I like to go and have a wander. I am amazed at the range of goods they sell under one roof. ;)
    The motoring section is bigger than our local Halfords! :lmao:

19. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Been in a few times but only when we know we want something, we all hate the place. Sunglasses for Matt was on trip. Another was a SD card, couldn't believe how expensive they were so waited until got home, I expected memory cards to be for nothing.
    Groceries much prefer Publix.

20. Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire DIS Veteran

Last December we bought - Christmas paper and cards - DVDs, games & some toys to wrap ud for DD - oh and some Burts Bees!

21. howlongtillsummer?

howlongtillsummer? DIS Veteran

Many thanks. I will look into that!:goodvibes