I want to make my ressies

zulaya

DIS Veteran
I sent in my signed paperwork for BCV 9 days ago. I want to make my Dec ressies NOW!!! I am antsy!!! Do they really make you wait 3 weeks or whatever before my points are actually in my account? Can i call member services and see what they can do for me, or am I out of luck until 3 weeks or however long it is I have to wait for rescinsion to pass?

I believe you can make your ressies now, as long as you have your membership number your points should be in your account. You won't be able to borrow points for this reservation until you close though. As long as your deposit has been received I believe you can make ressies. I made my first ressies when I called to join!!! My guide made them for me and I just had to transfer them to my member number when it became available, the next day.

We just sent our paperwork in this last Friday to be approved for BCV. I made our room reservations about 10 days prior. We just got our confirmation letter on Tuesday regarding our reservations.

How long was it before you knew you were approved?

I haven't even gotten my paperwork yet and I have already made my ressies for Nov. I called and told them that the papers were on their way to me and they found me in the system and let me make my ressies. Try calling MS and see what you can do.

I already made our ressie's for a November trip and I haven't received by paperwork yet, let alone sent it back in. I did do my deposit over the phone by credit card. If you call MS they should be able to look you up in the system by your name and SS#; if they can't find you, then you could call your guide. Good Luck making your ressie.:)

So are you saying that once they have your deposit, you can make the ressies? We just made the commitment today by phone, and we'll be sending in the balance of the deposit once we get the paperwork. I want to make Dec. ressies, too, ASAP.

Yes, when Disney has your deposit in their system you should be able to make ressies. I talked to my guide on the 5th and made a downpayment via Visa that day; on the 7th I called and made ressies. MS had to look up my member number, but there was no problem.
I did receive two different confirmations for my ressie, the first one was with a temporary number and the second one was with my permanent:) member number. I called about this because I wanted to make sure I wasn't booked for two different studios. It was simply a matter of the first one was made before I had a permanent member number.
:D I'm lovin' being a member of DVC and I haven't even stayed 'home' yet!

So here's my follow-up questions: Before I made the plunge to buy into DVC, I already had 2 rooms booked at the POlynesian for this Dec. Still have the ressies in fact.

Buying into BCV, I have a 7 day comp stay - which my guide says will be bookable as soon as I close a week from today - which I plan to use for one rooms and I wanted to use points on the other room. My problem is I am going to have to borrow like 15 points from 2003 use year to have enough for the other Polynesian room. It sounds like I can't borrow until I close? Yes? Even if I can, it might be better for me to wait till April 3rd when I can book both rooms at the same time onthe same phone call?

Opinions??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter