I want to cruise....when is the cheapest?

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
I hope you all don't mind me asking about ....gulp....non-disney cruises.
I really want to go on a cruise but since I don't fly I was looking to cruise out of Boston, NY, Baltimore area. We could drive to FL (which we do often) but I thought I would look close to home for right now. It doesn't matter where we go (except maybe Canada) I'm open.
I'm just looking for when is the cheapest time of the year to go.
This will be our first cruise ever so I don't even know if we would like it (well, I know I probably will)
So, where do you recommend, what cruiseline and what time of year for the best possible deals? It will just be my DH and I.
Thanks soooo much......and yes, someday we will do a Disney crew (my DH is a little Disneyed out right now)

Oh yeah, does it work the same way where we can book and then the money is due by a certain time. I really like paying for it little by little before the due date. You know, like how you can make payments on Disney room ressies.
Thanks again!

go to a site like http://www.travelocity.com/, which lists the prices and dates for a cruise in one long form, so you can look at the pricing trends across a year or two. even though you're asking for non-disney, i picked the wonder just as an example:

http://leisure.travelocity.com/Vacations/Cruise/Itinerary/0,2415,TRAVELOCITY_416_,00.html

so, you can see easily that the 9/23/2004 cruise is the cheapest (it's even highlighted in orange).

travelocity should be able to allow you to search for either destination or port of origin, so you can specify cruises leaving out of the northeast and see how expensive they are compared to each other as well as compared to themselves during different times of the year.

I also mean't to ask when hurricane season is. Would they tend to be cheaper than? I don't think I would want to go then! LOL

Thanks for the travelocity site. I'll check it out!

phorsenuf, sorry, i don't know hurricane season, but i'm sure someone here does.

quick question for a newbie to this board, i just put some disney visit information into my signature, but i noticed many people put "offsite" in ther sig, what does that mean?

Originally posted by thiscloud
phorsenuf, sorry, i don't know hurricane season, but i'm sure someone here does.

quick question for a newbie to this board, i just put some disney visit information into my signature, but i noticed many people put "offsite" in ther sig, what does that mean?

Offsite means we stayed off Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter