I want a resort with these amenities, so which one has them?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by goofy papa, Jan 17, 2004.

1. goofy papa

goofy papa Earning My Ears

We will be going down in June with 8 people. What I am hoping to find is a resort that has the following...

swimming pools
    zero entry pool
    hot tub
    pool side bar
    washer and dryer inside villa
    activities for a 4 adn 6 year old
    close to stores to get groceries
    easy access to WDW

Where should I start my search?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gretchen

Gretchen Mouseketeer

We are staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort starting, wow in a few hours! I've never stayed there, but hear it is nice, has all the comforts you would want and will accomodate your crew. I'll let you know what I think of it when we get back, the 24th. We got a great rate of 119 per night through the Starwood web site. Also, you can join Starwood and get points toward your vacation (we have Marriot too). Vistana is a time share property, you could buy a week from an owner, and possibly save som $$ too. The Marriot time share property looked good too.
    I'll let you know!
    Gretchen

4. Lisa P.

Lisa P. DIS Veteran

Sheraton Vistana Resort
    Sheraton Vistana Villages
    Fairfield Star Island Resort
    Calypso Cay Vacation Villas (not sure about w/d)
    Horizons by Marriott

It's my understanding that all of these have villas that will sleep 8, at least one zero entry pool, hot tubs, a poolside bar, a playground, some organized activities for kids and inroom w/d. None of them are further than a 15 minute drive to Epcot, 25 to MK (incl monorail) and there are so many grocery stores in the general area that it's not really a problem. HTH.

5. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

I would definitely recommend the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

6. zaxmom

zaxmom DIS Veteran

We loved the Vistana Villages. But, we also enjoyed Wyndham Palms. They have two and three bedroom villas. The pool at the
    VV was beautiful. Wyndham Palms was not as attractive. Both are in very good locations. The Vistana seemed to have more restaurants we would want to eat at around them.