I Wanna Iguana for Christmas!

kristilew

DIS Veteran
:cool1: Just booked the Andean Highlands and Galapagos, as they are now calling it, for Christmas 2012! :santa:

We've been wanting to do this one for a long time, and were sort of hoping for this year, but had to wait to commit until recently, and it was full. So, we went ahead and jumped on next year while prices are still low (relatively! ouch!) and to make sure we get it. And now I get to enjoy a loooong time of anticipation, which is always one of the best parts!

Tufbuf, thanks for all your pictures and reporting on the other thread, it definitely helped us make the final call. Especially since you've also done the Peru trip. We were a little worried the land portion would be too similar. But on the other hand, we loved the Peru trip so much, even if it was that would be ok.

Anyway, super excited even more than a year out. Anyone else doing this one?

You are very welcome!! You are so going to enjoy this trip. The Galapagos is just an amazing place and you really need to be there to experience it. Tell us all about it (I am sure you will) once you are back! :yay:

Congrats, kristilew! It sounds like a fabulous trip, and what a great wintertime treat!

Sayhello

Well, at first I thought we were going to see you on this trip. But we are doing Christmas 2011. Regardless of the year sounds like a good way to spend the holidays!

That fantastic, Kristilew! Having visited the Galapagos this year, the only down side is that it's really hard to figure out what to do in 2012 that might be even close to such an awesome experience. What a great Christmas present!

You are very welcome!! You are so going to enjoy this trip. The Galapagos is just an amazing place and you really need to be there to experience it. Tell us all about it (I am sure you will) once you are back! :yay:

Yep, in January of 2013, I'll have a trip report. Nothing like looking ahead!

Congrats, kristilew! It sounds like a fabulous trip, and what a great wintertime treat!

Sayhello

Thanks, Sayhello! So excited, even this far out. Kind of like your long wait for K&L...which I can't wait to read about!

Well, at first I thought we were going to see you on this trip. But we are doing Christmas 2011. Regardless of the year sounds like a good way to spend the holidays!

We really, really wanted to go this year, but no dice. That trip is completely sold out, and apparently the ship itself is oversold for that week. (we looked into a work around, where we were on the ship, but not with ABD) So when anyone asks on these boards about advantages of booking early, I'll say "you get the trip!" Anyway, I'll count on you to post all the hints we'll need for that time of year.

That fantastic, Kristilew! Having visited the Galapagos this year, the only down side is that it's really hard to figure out what to do in 2012 that might be even close to such an awesome experience. What a great Christmas present!

That makes me feel so good! We will be working to keep our expectations in check, but at the same time, this had been a dream for us forever. We know it's going to be awesome! And yes, a perfect Christmas gift.

Thanks, Sayhello! So excited, even this far out. Kind of like your long wait for K&L...which I can't wait to read about!
Really! It was almost unreal when it finally arrived! Part 1 of my Trip Report should be posted later today!!!!

Sayhello

Kristilew- We are doing this trip in August...I promise to post a review and answer any questions. These boards have been helpful already (thanks Tufbuf!!) with planning. Wow, I haven't looked recently, are the dates all gone for 2011 now? The holiday trips do go fast though!
I'll probably be asking more ?ss as the trip gets closer!

Really! It was almost unreal when it finally arrived! Part 1 of my Trip Report should be posted later today!!!!

Sayhello

Say hello- Im wondering where your report will be posted? Is it in the trip reports at the head of the ABD board or somewhere else? Im still new to this board- tho not really new to Disney or ABD!

Kristilew- We are doing this trip in August...I promise to post a review and answer any questions. These boards have been helpful already (thanks Tufbuf!!) with planning. Wow, I haven't looked recently, are the dates all gone for 2011 now? The holiday trips do go fast though!
I'll probably be asking more ?ss as the trip gets closer!

Thanks! The more info, the better!

The ABD website still lists all the dates under its 2011 tab, and perhaps there is space for a single or double. With three of us, there wasn't room. Of course, this is pretty late in the game! We just weren't able to focus until recently due to other stuff in our "real lives." (as opposed to our much more fun "vacation lives!" ;)

Say hello- Im wondering where your report will be posted? Is it in the trip reports at the head of the ABD board or somewhere else? Im still new to this board- tho not really new to Disney or ABD!

Right now, you can find parts one and two of her report just on the main page of ABD threads. When she's all done, she'll put a post in the sticky with links to each part.

familygoboston, I post it here on the ABD board, but you reminded me that I need to post the links in the sticky at the top of the board. They should be there soon!

Sayhello

familygoboston, I post it here on the ABD board, but you reminded me that I need to post the links in the sticky at the top of the board. They should be there soon!

Sayhello

Thanks! I think I found it, it was the London trip? I know its OT but my daughter is interested in that- she has a fascination with knights and all things medieval; her favorite author writes a series about a lady knight:thumbsup2! We can read it together!
Kristilew- I'm suppossed to have a life outside of vacations?:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter