I wanna go to Izney World! A 1st timer's PTR May/June 2011

Had to comment on this--yes CM is on the dining plan. And we also do DxDP for our trips. You hear that statement a lot--you're going to spend more time eating than you are touring the parks; but don't let it scare you off the DxDP. We really love it and it works for us. Besides, you gotta eat while your at Disney right? It's nice to take a break from touring at a TS restaurant and not have to worry about the hustle and bustle at the CS places. If you feel like you are going to have a lot of meal credits leftover, then book a 2 credit TS meal like a dinner show or a signature restaurant. We have a tendency to book a breakfast buffet and a dinner and we just snack for lunch--that way we aren't doing 3 sit down meals a day.

Just thought I'd let you know that we still felt like we had plenty of time to tour and do rides even though we did the DxDP.

Oh good, thank you! Yeah we are used to sitting down and eating (my son is kept on a pretty strict diet with his nutritionist- Disney we are going to let him have what he would like though- it's not a life or death diet it's just a revised diet of natural foods to help him maintain and control himself instead of medicine!) but anyway, we are not really into the whole fast food scene but once or twice and we aren't really planning on any times to go back to the hotel for resting so I figured this would be a good time to take a breath and relax- and still sorta kinda eat a little better even though we are on vacation! So thank you for letting me know and I will keep it in there- I might just do ADR's for breakfast and dinner then? Not sure I will start a PTR of my own and ask people on of these days!

Oh good, thank you! Yeah we are used to sitting down and eating (my son is kept on a pretty strict diet with his nutritionist- Disney we are going to let him have what he would like though- it's not a life or death diet it's just a revised diet of natural foods to help him maintain and control himself instead of medicine!) but anyway, we are not really into the whole fast food scene but once or twice and we aren't really planning on any times to go back to the hotel for resting so I figured this would be a good time to take a breath and relax- and still sorta kinda eat a little better even though we are on vacation! So thank you for letting me know and I will keep it in there- I might just do ADR's for breakfast and dinner then? Not sure I will start a PTR of my own and ask people on of these days!

Diet is another reason we like TS restaurants. My son has a food allergy and it's easier to talk to the chefs about what he can and cannot have when they come right to your table. I always feel like I'm holding people up when I'm asking about that stuff at a CS place.

Breakfast and dinner ADR's work well for us. And for lunch we snack or mayber order one CS meal to split. I'll usually schedule an early breakfast (8 am) and an early dinner (5 pm), or a later breakfast (10-11) followed by a normal dinner time (6-7). If we do the later breakfast, then we catch morning like snacks from the CS place at our resort--muffins, a bagel, fresh fruit, etc. These can usually be purchased with a snack credit which is great! This year I have a day where we are not going to do a breakfast at all, but an early lunch (11ish) and then dinner at 7.

Now that I've hijacked Sara's PTR (Sorry!!) and gotten a bit :offtopic:, I think I'm done ;)

I definalty know what you mean about the lists. I have about 5 going on myself and there is only 2 of us going.:lmao::lmao:
And because of you I bought a great binder to keep everything in (also have a notecard binder that I will use for inside the parks) but some how all my stickers disappeared.:headache: I think it is time to check the kids rooms.:thumbsup2

Great planning, it will be our first time at Boma as well and I can't wait!!!
:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I'm about 1/2 way done with my notebook, I'll post pictures when it's done! :)

I just followed you over from someone else's pre-trip report.

Your girls are so adorable:goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans.

Welcome! :cheer2: and thanks! I think they're pretty cute, but I'm a little bias :love:

Finally found a few minutes to zip on over to your PTR and sub. Your girls are so cute and you have some great plans so far. You guys are going to have such a great first family vacation! I am extra fond of the memories I have of our very first family trip to Disney :lovestruc

I'm not sure that you would need to FP Jungle cruise that early in the morning on your first MK day. Maybe you should save it for something else that will get longer lines that early like Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh. I didn't see PP on either of your MK lists but you should definitely do it--you "fly" in pirate ships; your girls will love it!

Thanks for the tips! Maybe I'll use the FP for Winnie the Pooh. I want to make sure we hit all the rides that the girls will recognize 1st and then everything else will be extra. They don't know who Peter Pan is :( I need to look for the movie on ebay. That's on my list and 101 Dalmations (especially since we're staying at ASMo) I don't plan on getting a FP unless the standby line is longer than 30 minutes, that seems to be the general rule of thumb that I've seen.

Now that I've hijacked Sara's PTR (Sorry!!) and gotten a bit :offtopic:, I think I'm done ;)

No worries! I was excited to log on and see a bunch of replies :goodvibes

now for an update!

Day 5- Disney Hollywood Studios (9am-?)- Star Wars Weekend!

Must dos-
Toy Story Mania*
Muppets 3D
Voyage of Little Mermaid*
Beauty and the Beast*
Indiana Jones
Lights, Motors, Action!
Block Party Bash
Star Tours**** ;)
Eat breakfast in the hotel room, or Starring Rolls (snack credit)
check out of hotel :(
Rope Drop- this is a MUST because of SWW, since I’m surprising Andrew I hope he isn’t dragging his heels getting ready! I figure the park doesn’t open till 9am, so we shouldn’t have an issue getting there in time. Hopefully it’s not too crazy busy. I just want Andrew to see the Storm Troopers and the big sign :cutie: By the time we’re leaving he’ll know because of the girl’s shirts... but I won't tell him if he doesn't ask. He might just assume it's because of Star Tours? :confused3 I’m not really trying too hard to hide that, so he may see it one of the other days and ask why they have SW tshirts :lmao:

Straight to Star Tours for fast pass (I assume they’ll have one for this when it reopens…)
next to TSM for what is hopefully not a crazy standby line
Check times for The Little Mermaid
Check times for Beauty and the Beast
see a show
Pizza Planet for lunch whenever, around 11 or 12
No nap today :sad2: Hopefully the girls don’t have melt downs! Thinking maybe we’ll do a quiet show or something or maybe just go ride the monorail for a while to have a little fake rest? Any suggestions?
Anything that hasn’t already been done, especially things with * or Star Tours if we haven’t already used the FP.
5:20 ADR for dinner at 50’s PTC
Leave :sad1:

This night we’ll go back to my sister’s house in south GA. It’s about 4 hours away, and I’m hoping the girls will fall asleep in the car around 9, so maybe will be able to make it there by 10-11pm?

I got the girls' tshirts today... very cute! I wish my older DD had a little more hair, then she could have Princess Leia buns :laughing: I keep my hair too short for it too. Oh well!

Not sure what my next "official" update will be, I might share my packing list, but it might scare some of you! :rotfl:

here it is... brace yourself! :rotfl2:

Packing list for Disney World:

Andrew/Sara-
• Shirts- 5 days
• Underwear/bra
• Shorts- 5 days
• Hairbands, bobby pins
• Jewelry
• Socks
• Comfy shoes- tennis shoes, Keens, flip flops
• Bathing suits
• Toothbrush/toothpaste
• Deodorant
• Contacts/solution/case
• Glasses
• Chapstick
• Lotion
• Makeup
• Tampons/pads
• Razor/shaving cream
• Hair brush
• Straightener
• Blow dryer

Alexis/Kaitlyn-
• Diapers
• Wipes
• Water shoes/flip flops for girls
• Socks
• Shoes for every outfit (not a different pair, but enough that they have a couple different pairs to wear)
• Bathing suits
• Bedtime supplies (blankies, stuffed animals, etc)
• Pack & Play (or reserve at hotel?)
• Swim diapers
• Activities for car ride/waiting in lines- coloring books, crayons, stickers, books/TAG reader, any other suggestions???
• Toothbrush/paste
• Detangler spray
• Hair brush
• Princess dresses/accessories (for our breakfast at CRT)

General use-
• Sunscreen
• Hats for everyone
• Sunglasses for everyone
• Backpack for park
• Mini fan/spray bottle
• Ponchos
• Sippy cups
• Dish soap (for cleaning sippy cups)
• Snacks/breakfasts- poptarts, granola bars, fruit, mini muffins, pretzels, fruit snacks, raisins, apple juice, capri suns, bread, pnut butter
• Bug spray
• Aloe
• Q-tips
• Cameras (we’ll bring 3 a cheapy digital, our DSLR and our video camera)
• Batteries
• Battery charger for dslr and video
• Cell phone/charger
• Planning notebook/pens
• Ipod/fm transmitter
• Portable dvd player/several dvds
• Laptop? (not sure if we’ll bring this or not)
• Umbrella
• Beach bag (for pool trips)
• 1st aid kit- antibiotic ointment, bandaids, moleskin
• Medicine- allergy, Tylenol (adult and kids), pepto bismol
• Wet ones
• Tide to go
• Water bottles for everyone
• Nightlight
• Pillows
• Magazine/books for the car
• Purse/wallet (with cash, cc, and gift cards)
• Small bills for tips/tolls
• Ziplock bags (sandwich size and gallon)
• Walmart bags
• Small towel
• Cooler (for car ride with snacks/drinks)
• DD’s travel lap desk
• Scissors
• Body glide
• Plastic drink lids (to catch drips of melting popsicles!)
• Glow sticks
• Power strip
• Plastic forks/spoons/knives (for leftovers in the room  )
• Bath color tablets/bath confetti (Tinkerbell is going to visit DDs’ bath!)

As you can see, I have quite a list going! Lots of things were added reading the tip board here… such great tips over there!

:goodvibes
here it is... brace yourself! :rotfl2:

Packing list for Disney World:

Andrew/Sara-
• Shirts- 5 days
• Underwear/bra
• Shorts- 5 days
• Hairbands, bobby pins
• Jewelry
• Socks
• Comfy shoes- tennis shoes, Keens, flip flops
• Bathing suits
• Toothbrush/toothpaste
• Deodorant
• Contacts/solution/case
• Glasses
• Chapstick
• Lotion
• Makeup
• Tampons/pads
• Razor/shaving cream
• Hair brush
• Straightener
• Blow dryer

Alexis/Kaitlyn-
• Diapers
• Wipes
• Water shoes/flip flops for girls
• Socks
• Shoes for every outfit (not a different pair, but enough that they have a couple different pairs to wear)
• Bathing suits
• Bedtime supplies (blankies, stuffed animals, etc)
• Pack & Play (or reserve at hotel?)
• Swim diapers
• Activities for car ride/waiting in lines- coloring books, crayons, stickers, books/TAG reader, any other suggestions???
• Toothbrush/paste
• Detangler spray
• Hair brush
• Princess dresses/accessories (for our breakfast at CRT)

General use-
• Sunscreen
• Hats for everyone
• Sunglasses for everyone
• Backpack for park
• Mini fan/spray bottle
• Ponchos
• Sippy cups
• Dish soap (for cleaning sippy cups)
• Snacks/breakfasts- poptarts, granola bars, fruit, mini muffins, pretzels, fruit snacks, raisins, apple juice, capri suns, bread, pnut butter
• Bug spray
• Aloe
• Q-tips
• Cameras (we’ll bring 3 a cheapy digital, our DSLR and our video camera)
• Batteries
• Battery charger for dslr and video
• Cell phone/charger
• Planning notebook/pens
• Ipod/fm transmitter
• Portable dvd player/several dvds
• Laptop? (not sure if we’ll bring this or not)
• Umbrella
• Beach bag (for pool trips)
• 1st aid kit- antibiotic ointment, bandaids, moleskin
• Medicine- allergy, Tylenol (adult and kids), pepto bismol
• Wet ones
• Tide to go
• Water bottles for everyone
• Nightlight
• Pillows
• Magazine/books for the car
• Purse/wallet (with cash, cc, and gift cards)
• Small bills for tips/tolls
• Ziplock bags (sandwich size and gallon)
• Walmart bags
• Small towel
• Cooler (for car ride with snacks/drinks)
• DD’s travel lap desk
• Scissors
• Body glide
• Plastic drink lids (to catch drips of melting popsicles!)
• Glow sticks
• Power strip
• Plastic forks/spoons/knives (for leftovers in the room  )
• Bath color tablets/bath confetti (Tinkerbell is going to visit DDs’ bath!)

As you can see, I have quite a list going! Lots of things were added reading the tip board here… such great tips over there!

great lists so far!
maybe laundry detergent, stain treater, or something to cover the stroller with if it rains (i use dollar store shower curtains)

:goodvibes

great lists so far!
maybe laundry detergent, stain treater, or something to cover the stroller with if it rains (i use dollar store shower curtains)

wow, I can't believe there are things I forgot! :eek: :lmao:

I actually already have Purex 3 in 1 sheet packed, I got it a while ago as a sample and figured I'd save it for traveling. We'll do one load at my sister's house before we go to Disney if we need it, then we'll be able to do a load there if needed. And I was planning on ponchos to cover the stroller, but I was thinking that probably wouldn't cover the whole thing, it's a double stroller. A cheap shower curtain is brilliant! :worship: Adding it to the list :) Thanks!

Packing List for Backpack in Parks:

• Tickets
• Wallet- Driver’s license, cash, cc, gift cards
• Notecard w/ ADR info and “must do”s
• Maps
• Cameras/extra batteries
• Cell phones
• Water bottles
• Snacks
• Autograph book
• Ponchos
• Mister fans
• Sunscreen
• Extra outfit for both girls
• Wet ones
• Hats
• Ziplock bags
• Walmart bags
• Small towel
• Small coins (for fountains)
• Glowsticks
• Activities for lines
• Markers for autographs
• Chapstick
• ID tags for girls

Anything I'm forgetting? We're bringing a backpack with lots of pockets and have a stroller we can dump stuff in too ;) I have the little bag for our credit cards/cash and probably the little camera.

Your list looks good to me!

I'm actually trying to think of what little I can take into the parks with me for my upcoming trip. Since my kids won't be with me, I won't need to carry around stuff for them!

That'd be nice! When I go shopping without the kids I don't even bring a bag! I put my ID and debit card/cash in my pocket, my cell phone in another pocket and my keys hang off of a pocket. Having a huge bag all the time gets old.

That'd be nice! When I go shopping without the kids I don't even bring a bag! I put my ID and debit card/cash in my pocket, my cell phone in another pocket and my keys hang off of a pocket. Having a huge bag all the time gets old.

I know! I love nice bags I do, but I always think to myself when I see these women/girls/whatever with these huge bags and no kids and no signs that they even have any kids at home- why such the big bag? Don't you know you're going to have to carry that from birth to whenever when you finally have them? I don't go to stores with anything much either- it's like a freedom!

hello!
Im joining you!
i couldnt help but notice we are both going in may, im arriving a day after you but im also from georgia, east atl.
i understand about the list, i have a few myself!
your babies are cute!!

hello!
Im joining you!
i couldnt help but notice we are both going in may, im arriving a day after you but im also from georgia, east atl.
your babies are cute!!

:welcome: Thanks! I'm in Northwest GA, about an hour and 1/2 from Atlanta :)

I love your lists, I might have to just compare them to mine to make sure I am not forgeting anything. The only two things I would add to your backpack is a stain pen (I got the tide one. Great for when the kids dribble on their closths and it is hours before you can pretreat). I also bring safty pins with me in case something breaks. Great for when a button breaks on pants, a bra strap snaps, and many other possible mishaps.:thumbsup2

Are we long lost sisters? I am exactly the same way.:lmao: I literelly put my Visa check card, ID, and cash in one pocket, my cell in the other, and attach my keys to my belt loop. I love big purses when I need them for the kids and other things, but love the freedom of going with the bare minimum.:thumbsup2

hello!
Im joining you!
your babies are cute!!
Another May trip.:cool1: Where are you guys staying, do you have a PTR for this trip?

Another May trip.:cool1: Where are you guys staying, do you have a PTR for this trip?[/QUOTE]

We are staying at POP. I already have a PTR for my dec trip before we booked may. it was a last minute thing but ill talk about both in my dec PTR thats in my siggie!!

thanks for the tips, I'll definitely add those things to my backpack packing list :) They're on my packing list, just not for the backpack to the parks, but those things definitely make sense!

Recently I've been doing a lot of research about the photopass CD. I posted on the family board to see if people thought we'd get our money's worth with 2 toddlers that never look at the camera at the same time. The responses I received convinced me it was definitely worth the $100 pre order. Especially since I learned that you can get a refund if you don't like the pictures! :goodvibes However, DH is NOT convinced and he thinks it's an absurd amount to spend on pictures :sad2: So... how do I convince him? I've told him that they get candid pics, and it'll be easy to get pictures of our whole family together, and it's refundable if we don't like the pics. We even have a $150 gift card we got for Christmas and I said we could use that and just not buy many souvenirs, but won't go for it :sad1::sad1::sad1: I *really* want to do it. I'm worried we'll regret it when there's tons of great pictures, and we don't want to spend $150 for the cd or $15 for each 4x6 we want. We'd only have to get 7 4x6s to get our money out of it, or less if we want any 5x7 or bigger.

UGH! The only thing we ever fight about it money. I'm a spender and he's a saver. I say it's our girls' 1st trip to Disney... spare no expense! And he's of the mindset that we've already spent too much money and we don't need to spend a dime more :sad1:

So... how do I get him on board?:laughing:

Recently I've been doing a lot of research about the photopass CD. I posted on the family board to see if people thought we'd get our money's worth with 2 toddlers that never look at the camera at the same time. The responses I received convinced me it was definitely worth the $100 pre order. Especially since I learned that you can get a refund if you don't like the pictures! :goodvibes However, DH is NOT convinced and he thinks it's an absurd amount to spend on pictures :sad2: So... how do I convince him? I've told him that they get candid pics, and it'll be easy to get pictures of our whole family together, and it's refundable if we don't like the pics. We even have a $150 gift card we got for Christmas and I said we could use that and just not buy many souvenirs, but won't go for it :sad1::sad1::sad1: I *really* want to do it. I'm worried we'll regret it when there's tons of great pictures, and we don't want to spend $150 for the cd or $15 for each 4x6 we want. We'd only have to get 7 4x6s to get our money out of it, or less if we want any 5x7 or bigger.

UGH! The only thing we ever fight about it money. I'm a spender and he's a saver. I say it's our girls' 1st trip to Disney... spare no expense! And he's of the mindset that we've already spent too much money and we don't need to spend a dime more :sad1:

So... how do I get him on board?:laughing:

I am totally with you on this one. You can never have too many pictures. :confused3
You will be saving $50 if you buy it up front and can still refuse it if you don't like any of the pics. (which I definitely don't think will be the case) I also like that you can get the whole family in the pics....AND THIS IS THE GIRLS VERY 1st TRIP!!!
What does he say when you tell him that you can use the gift certificate you got for Christmas? The souvenirs will fade and disappear over time but the pictures will last a lifetime.....try that one! :rotfl2:
Good luck and keep us posted!!! :goodvibes

He just says "that's too much money for pictures". Even if it's out of the gift card. I'm not dropping it though... I usually get my way with stuff like this ;) I was thinking I'd be cheap at the grocery store over the next month to get a good $50-60 and then maybe he'd be up for it since we have "extra" money? :confused3

In other news... I've hit the 50 day mark :cool1::woohoo::banana::yay::cheer2:

Not super exciting Mickey Mail, like luggage tags yet, but when I opened the mailbox and pulled this out-

DSCI0646.jpg

It's just a couple brochures of things to do and reminds you to make ADRs (a little late now if you want the good places! :lmao: )

DSCI0647.jpg

Alexis thought it was the best mail we've ever gotten!
DSCI0648.jpg

super cute that when the envelope opens all the way it's a the monorail!

DSCI0651.jpg

Kaitlyn liked it too! She's pointing at Mickey here ("icky ouse"... we're working on the m's ;) )

DSCI0657.jpg

taking a closer look, and of course had to look up to say "cheese". My daughter's are well trained and say cheese anytime they see a camera... even if it's a video :lmao: Notice what's on tv in the background? :love:

DSCI0654.jpg

I was a little disappointed it wasn't more exciting mail, but there were some small maps I might put in my planning journal, and this!

DSCI0653.jpg

10% off at Ghirardelli's! My plan for our 1st night there is to go to Earl of Sandwich and then Ghirardellis for dessert... DH might :eek: at the $9 sundae prices. 90 cents off :rotfl2:

working on my planning journal tonight... I'm really ready to have it done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter