I Told You Driving Was Bad For Your Health! *2/2* NEW TRIP REPORT LINK P102

What a great day so far and it's not even over yet!!

Your off site resort looks so lovely. And once again, I have to give you huge props for running on vacation... in the heat!! yikes.

I've been waiting to read about your Dismeet with Kathy!! That was awesome to be able to eat breakfast with them. (Cape May is a favorite of mine and not just because they have Mickey waffles.. although that is a good reason!)

Yep, count me as another Vera lover! The only way I've purchased my bags and wristlets is in the outlet in Aurora, IL. I sure wish there was an outlet closer to me. We never have a rental car so I've not had the pleasure of visiting the area let alone the outlet.

I was fascinated with the tour of the shrine/museum and church that you shared. Those stained glass windows are gorgeous. I love the care and attention that goes into such beautiful buildings. Thanks for sharing all those details including the artifacts and paintings in the museum. Just awesome!

I've heard there's a lot of musical talent in the greater Orlando area as well. In fact, one of the CMs that I know goes to a church where many of the folks in Disney entertainment worship and they have some pretty awesome productions. I can only imagine!!

You had so many wonderful updates ... not sure if I remembered to comment on everything but this was thoroughly enjoyable. :goodvibes

Great update! The meet sounded fun! You got some nice things at the VB outlet. The Queen of the Universe shrine is beautiful, I have heard of it before because my parents went a few times but I have never been there.

Your Resort has a nice Pool area and landscaping but I can see how hot it must be on those loungers with no shade.

Can't wait to see what your next bucket list drink is.

Love your breakfast with the characters, and you got to meet Goofy and Donald, too!

;)

Seriously, what is better than vacation breakfast with friends? It looks like you all had a wonderful time!

I liked your little detour to the outlets and the shrine. The shrine was beautiful and full of amazing artwork. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Glad you enjoyed some relaxing pool time.

I love the breakfast at Cape May and meeting Dis friends would make it even better. What a great start to your day :goodvibes

We've never gone to the outlets but your finds make it look tempting! I love the Vera stuff you picked up. I have already informed Dale I will be coming home from our next trip with one of the Disney Veras ;)

I was at that outlet mall last weekend :goodvibes You did go to the Character Outlet didn't you???

Uh - oh...That mall was so big and it felt like we kept turning corner after corner in search of the elusive rain jacket that Denny decided he had to have right there and then. So, no, I missed that. I did pop into one Disney themed store but there really wasn't anything I liked. I'm not sure if it was the Character OUtlet or not. It was pretty small.

So, if I missed it then I have an even better reason to go back in October, wait - next month! :thumbsup2

II just love Cape May! We've only been for dinner and it was so good!

I've had dinner there once as well and it was pretty yummy. Breakfast is really good and the character interaction is very good. Denny and I ate there for our anniversary a few years back and the attention was amazing - plus they gave use a card! So Sweet!

Aw you got to meet Kathy, Mary & the girls!!!:thumbsup2

Doreen - I was SO excited to meet Kathy and thrilled that our trips overlapped. I often "just miss" DISers, so this was great. I was also thrilled to see Mary and the girls again. I met them last October and Avery and Cayley are just delightful. They became instant friends with you and I absolutely love that, especially since I don't have any girls of my own. It was a pleasure.

Oh my gosh what a beautiful Shrine. I really want to see that. Will need to make a point to do that. Beautiful.

I am so glad we stopped. I have been wanting to see the shrine as long as I have been reading about it here on the boards. It was well worth the time we spent there. I can only imagine how fabulous it is around Christmas.

A few years ago we went to that outlet mall & let me tell you I did not hold back on purchases. I found lots & lots of things...we will just leave it at that. I thought I may have have to mail stuff home but it was not that bad..

:rotfl: I am so glad about SWA's policy on two free bags. Well, actually I didn't check the Vera, but I put all my carry on stuff in it and it fit perfectly into the overhead compartment. I have often struggled with what to use for an overnight or a weekend trip and this is perfect. Now I just wish I had a weekend getaway to use it. :rotfl: Someday!

LOVE Vera!! Love your overnight bag & other purchases. Cannot wait to see the Disney Vera bags in a few weeks :cool1::cool1: Yes that Miss Anita is an enabler!! She is the one that mentioned the outlets to me also.:rotfl: But I am so glad she did as I totally enjoyed myself that day at the outlets.

I think Anita posted something about her purchases just days before she went. She happened to be at BCVs the same time we visited. She is to funny. When I see those pictures of Mark carrying 50 (ok I exaggerate) Vera Bags to the car I just chuckle and then think :faint:

What a great day so far and it's not even over yet!!

Even though we didn't hit the parks first thing, it still was a great day. And I have to say that if we were staying on site I'm not completely sure we would have driven over to the outlets. When I stay on site I hate to leave the bubble, but since we had to leave the bubble every day anyway - it just seemed like the right thing to do. :upsidedow

Your off site resort looks so lovely. And once again, I have to give you huge props for running on vacation... in the heat!! yikes.

Ugh - that heat was tough. Even at 7am it was brutal. I do enjoy morning runs and I really look forward to October when the weather will be much better!

I've been waiting to read about your Dismeet with Kathy!! That was awesome to be able to eat breakfast with them. (Cape May is a favorite of mine and not just because they have Mickey waffles.. although that is a good reason!)

:rotfl2: My favorite thing on the buffet is the locks (salmon) and bagels. When I was in high school I used to frequent this Jewish deli that made the BEST locks and bagels. I am not even sure if I spelled that right. But the point is, I developed a passion for that sandwich early on and I love it anytime of day or night. Mickey waffles are pretty good, too! :rotfl:

Yep, count me as another Vera lover! The only way I've purchased my bags and wristlets is in the outlet in Aurora, IL. I sure wish there was an outlet closer to me. We never have a rental car so I've not had the pleasure of visiting the area let alone the outlet.

It's really not too far. You could probably take a cab fairly easily. I can't wait to go back in October because I will most certainly be buying some Christmas presents (and a few things for myself). ;)

I was fascinated with the tour of the shrine/museum and church that you shared. Those stained glass windows are gorgeous. I love the care and attention that goes into such beautiful buildings. Thanks for sharing all those details including the artifacts and paintings in the museum. Just awesome!

I agree - the stained glass was wonderful and the care and attention is amazing. I don't think any other buildings have the same detail as churches and synagogues. I was surprised to find the collection of paintings and artifacts. Everything was of great quality. It really was a hidden gem.

I've heard there's a lot of musical talent in the greater Orlando area as well. In fact, one of the CMs that I know goes to a church where many of the folks in Disney entertainment worship and they have some pretty awesome productions. I can only imagine!!

I think its awesome that professional musicians share their talents when they worship. It's so uplifting to hear high quality music during a service. I know that Bob Jackson (yeeha Bob) is a pastoral musician.

You had so many wonderful updates ... not sure if I remembered to comment on everything but this was thoroughly enjoyable. :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes

Great update! The meet sounded fun! You got some nice things at the VB outlet. The Queen of the Universe shrine is beautiful, I have heard of it before because my parents went a few times but I have never been there.

I loved meeting Kathy and seeing Mary and the girls again! That was definitely a highlight! The VB outlet was pretty darn cool - wall to wall veras of all imaginable shapes and sizes. And Mary QOTU was spectacular. Since I love visiting churches how could I not stop once I noticed we were right near it?

Your Resort has a nice Pool area and landscaping but I can see how hot it must be on those loungers with no shade.

They were a very nice quality lounger, but OMG - that fabric got SOOOOO hot! One could end up with a serious injury if they weren't careful! :rotfl2:

Can't wait to see what your next bucket list drink is.

It's very unique - that's your hint! popcorn::

Love your breakfast with the characters, and you got to meet Goofy and Donald, too!

;)

Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy is quite the quartet and we saw them all. Of course, I was wedged in a booth seat and not able to get out easier for pictures. Plus, the picture time goes to the kids. But it was still great fun to see everyone and enjoy a yummy breakfast.

Seriously, what is better than vacation breakfast with friends? It looks like you all had a wonderful time!

I totally agree. I really enjoyed myself and I think Denny did, too! He's still a little wary when it comes to DISmeets, but he's getting better. ;)

I liked your little detour to the outlets and the shrine. The shrine was beautiful and full of amazing artwork. Thanks for sharing that with us!

I'm glad I finally found the VB outlet that I have heard so much about. And the shrine. I never knew they were right next to each other. I really did enjoy the shrine. I promised myself that I want to explore outside of Disney property and get to know the surrounding areas a little better. This was a great way to do it.

Glad you enjoyed some relaxing pool time.

You know that relaxing pool time is always a top priority for me! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I love the breakfast at Cape May and meeting Dis friends would make it even better. What a great start to your day :goodvibes

CMC is a wonderful breakfast, isn't it? I love the food and the character interaction is superb. Plus I love how bright and cheery everything is. I was thrilled we got to me Kathy and see Mary and the girls again. It was a fun morning.

We've never gone to the outlets but your finds make it look tempting! I love the Vera stuff you picked up. I have already informed Dale I will be coming home from our next trip with one of the Disney Veras ;)

You will love it. It's wall to wall Vera. The prices are good and then on top of that they have 30 - 40% off sales. I think when Anita posted it was 40% off and when I went it was 30% off. Still, I got that big overnight bag for less than what Nick paid for my small backpack. Definitely worth it.

Trying to get all caught up! Things are really crazy busy at work right now, and won't slow up a whole lot until probably early December! :eek: :faint: Will try to stay caught up as much as possible though!

:woohoo: that you got to do a DISmeet with Kathy, Mary and the girls! Breakfast at Cape May is one of my favorite character meals! Always have a great experience there! :banana:

You captured some beautiful artwork and details in the Shrine! :love:

A very busy day, and you even managed to work in some shopping and some relaxing pool time!!! :goodvibes

Your secret offsite location looks like a pretty good place to stay if you can't be on property.......even with the trailer park across the street! lol

What a fun DIS meet! And you got to enjoy a delicious breakfast along with the good company, so :thumbsup2:thumbsup2.

Great pictures of the Shrine! Of course, we go there almost every trip (kind of sad we will be going somewhere else next time now) but I have never thought to take pictures because we are always there for Mass and I would feel awkward taking pictures in a full church! :rotfl: And does it ever get full!! A place so huge, you'd think it would look mostly empty, but Saturday evening Mass can be packed. It's a gorgeous church!

So I'm way behind again. Or I guess I should say that I was, I am all caught up now!
The bar at the Poly is so pretty, and so is your drink!

Bocca effect, right Wendy? Totally unintentional, but still...

Close ;) That's some really great bokeh! What lens was that with? Very nice effect. :thumbsup2

This is quite possibly the ugliest backpack I have EVER seen in my life. How could I resist the opportunity to sneak a picture of it?

... I have that same one... :sad:

JUST KIDDING! I have to agree, I'd rate it right up top of my ugly backpack list.

Too bad BOG was so busy and your server didn't have much time but at least she was friendly. The food looks pretty good! A "B" for the food is good enough for me if the atmosphere gets an "A".
Sounds like a really great Dismeet + breakfast!
LOVE the outlets! I haven't been there the past few trips because we had no car, but I'm itching to get back there some time.
The Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine looks really interesting. I love the great architecture in churches.

For as many stays at the Beach Club as I have had, I have yet to try Cape May. We have it on our agenda for a breakfast next month... can't wait! I just love DIS meets. Such a cool community we have here and meeting DISers is always like meeting long lost friends. :goodvibes

Visiting the outlets may be reason enough to rent a car. Would love to visit the Vera outlet. What do you think of the new Vera/Disney prints?

Your super secret location looks beautiful!!

Trying to get all caught up! Things are really crazy busy at work right now, and won't slow up a whole lot until probably early December! :eek: :faint: Will try to stay caught up as much as possible though!

I hear ya on the work thing. My new job is a lot busier than my old job, but I am generally so tired when I get home that I just sit on the couch with my computer on my lap. The other day I burned my leg. :laughing: What a life! :rolleyes1 Hope things slow down for you sooner!

:woohoo: that you got to do a DISmeet with Kathy, Mary and the girls! Breakfast at Cape May is one of my favorite character meals! Always have a great experience there! :banana:

I agree - it is a great experience - both characters and food. See Kathy, Mary, and the girls was so great. Glad we got to share some time with them and I was thrilled to meet the infamous Katmark. :thumbsup2

You captured some beautiful artwork and details in the Shrine! :love:

Thanks! I loved the shrine and I am glad we took a little time out of our day to visit. I want to try to visit more locations outside of the bubble. Starting with a church was a wonderful idea.

A very busy day, and you even managed to work in some shopping and some relaxing pool time!!! :goodvibes

Shopping at the outlets was a first and pool time, as you know, is a necessity! :cool2:

Your secret offsite location looks like a pretty good place to stay if you can't be on property.......even with the trailer park across the street! lol

Actually, the trailer park was off of 192. I saw that during my run. Our top secret location was surrounding by residential areas and apartment complexes. It wasn't a bad area. The pool area was quite relaxing, as long as we weren't in the direct sun. It was HOT!

What a fun DIS meet! And you got to enjoy a delicious breakfast along with the good company, so :thumbsup2:thumbsup2.

It was a really fun DIS meet. It's so fun to see kids really enjoy the characters. My own regret was I didn't take my boys to Disney when they were a little younger. The never really got into the character thing and that would have been so fun to enjoy!

Great pictures of the Shrine! Of course, we go there almost every trip (kind of sad we will be going somewhere else next time now) but I have never thought to take pictures because we are always there for Mass and I would feel awkward taking pictures in a full church! :rotfl: And does it ever get full!! A place so huge, you'd think it would look mostly empty, but Saturday evening Mass can be packed. It's a gorgeous church!

You can't exactly take your camera to mass, can you? That was a definite benefit to going during the week. And I believe you that it must get really crowded. I saw how many people were in the chapel for a weekday mass. I can only imagine how crowded it gets Saturday night. I really would like to go there for mass someday. I bet its lovely.

So I'm way behind again. Or I guess I should say that I was, I am all caught up now!

Yay! :cool1:

The bar at the Poly is so pretty, and so is your drink!

I know you don't drink much, but that drink was really yummy. I highly recommend it! I enjoyed sitting at the bar. The bartender was super friendly and it was a great atmosphere.

Close ;) That's some really great bokeh! What lens was that with? Very nice effect. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Oh yeah - I have a bocca burger please! :rotfl2: Can't believe I made that mistake. I feel so silly! I used the EF-S 18-55mm. But seriously, that was total luck. I could never do it again. It's just cool when something like that happens. :thumbsup2

... I have that same one... :sad:

JUST KIDDING! I have to agree, I'd rate it right up top of my ugly backpack list.

OMG - you scared me there for a minute! I was going to have to change my opinion of you! :rotfl: That thing was hideous!

Too bad BOG was so busy and your server didn't have much time but at least she was friendly.

She was very friendly and I think she was just trying to prioritize and do her job. It was just weird. I think she wanted to give me a big long answer and I only wanted a quick one!

The food looks pretty good! A "B" for the food is good enough for me if the atmosphere gets an "A".

You will love it. And you will get fabulous pictures so please make sure you take like 100! :laughing:

Sounds like a really great Dismeet + breakfast!

It really was. It was so cool to meet Kathy and see Mary and the girls again. I really enjoyed it!

LOVE the outlets! I haven't been there the past few trips because we had no car, but I'm itching to get back there some time.

The VB was definitely worth the trip. I am going back in October, for sure. Christmas presents, you know!

The Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine looks really interesting. I love the great architecture in churches.

It was very interesting. Definitely a hidden treasure. I I'm so glad we stopped!

For as many stays at the Beach Club as I have had, I have yet to try Cape May. We have it on our agenda for a breakfast next month... can't wait!

It is such a great breakfast. Great atmosphere and the character interaction is wonderful. I hope you guys love it.

I just love DIS meets. Such a cool community we have here and meeting DISers is always like meeting long lost friends. :goodvibes

It really is. I have quite a few meets planned for October and I am excited about each and every one! It's going to be a great trip. I feel like its one big neighborhood and its really fun to run into your neighbors.

Visiting the outlets may be reason enough to rent a car. Would love to visit the Vera outlet. What do you think of the new Vera/Disney prints?

I love the Vera/Disney prints. They are gorgeous. Can't wait until they make it into the outlet.

I know our trips barely overlap, but if you are interested in heading over there on your last Friday, let me know. I am definitely going at some point and we will have a car. Let me know. I know we were planning to meet up sometime that afternoon.

Your super secret location looks beautiful!!

It really was a nice relaxing location for an off site stay. Not Disney, but for what it was, it was a nice substitute.

Just checkin in again Mary Ellen , want to make sure I am on top o my threads !!!!

I know the feeling Rosie. I feel like I am pretty well up to date, but goodness knows that can change at any moment!

I have to admit IF I ran and IF I saw a Krispy Kreme, I would have run right to it for breakfast. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

This is my favorite update thus far because it is when I got to meet you. I am so glad I got to meet you and Denny...it was so much fun; just wish we had had more time together. I hope everyone here gets a chance to meet MEK one day...you would all be lucky to do so.

I LOVE Vera Bradley and can't wait to get my Disney ones in December that my bosses wife is buying for me. :)

Beautiful pictures of the Shrine and more beautiful pictures of your "hideaway".

Hi! Obviously I'm behind but I'm excited to read this trip report because I am from Charleston, SC so HHI is quite close to me-- I'm thinking I want to take a trip there soon because it's going to be a longgg time before we can afford a full blown WDW again....HHI might tide me over :)

Beautiful church, but I love the older designs. Went to mass Saturday at a church that was 100 years old, beautiful.

Great Dismeat, such a fun thing to do & getting to meat KatMark!

Finally back home after a long weekend of driving through the mountains with my folks.

I've always wanted to know what the inside of the church (but feared a lightening strike!). What a great day!

Jill in CO

Cape May is a favorite of ours. ::yes::

Yay for getting to meet up with all the girls!

I'm loving all the pictures with palm trees. :cool2:

That was a lovely church building. I'm glad you took the time to get and share pictures.

Yay! A KatMark meeting!!!!

Glad that you guys had a great time, even if you were a little squished in the bench seat.

Aaaaahhh, yes. I love that outlet mall. I have shopped there many times before. Not at VB, but just at the mall in general. I like to shop. If that is surprising at all. :lmao:

I don't know if you have been before, but you should definitely go to Italy. If you're a fan of churches and iconography and such, it would be like heaven. If you've been, then you know. ;)

I have to admit IF I ran and IF I saw a Krispy Kreme, I would have run right to it for breakfast. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao: Yeah. I thought about that, but it would have been awkward to run back carrying all the donuts I didn't eat. :rotfl:

This is my favorite update thus far because it is when I got to meet you. I am so glad I got to meet you and Denny...it was so much fun; just wish we had had more time together. I hope everyone here gets a chance to meet MEK one day...you would all be lucky to do so.

I am so glad we were able to meet. I really hope that our paths cross again during a future trip. It was lovely to meet you and I think about you everytime I look at my cute little key chain!

I LOVE Vera Bradley and can't wait to get my Disney ones in December that my bosses wife is buying for me. :)

You are SO lucky! The disney prints are adorable. I wonder how long it will take for them to make it to the outlets, if ever.

Beautiful pictures of the Shrine and more beautiful pictures of your "hideaway".

Thanks. The shrine was really lovely and we did have a really nice pool break that afternoon.

Hi! Obviously I'm behind but I'm excited to read this trip report because I am from Charleston, SC so HHI is quite close to me-- I'm thinking I want to take a trip there soon because it's going to be a longgg time before we can afford a full blown WDW again....HHI might tide me over :)

:welcome: Holly! Thanks for joining in! You are so lucky to live in Charleston. What a beautiful city!

I do highly recommend a visit to HHI. It is Disney light and just enough to get a little fix, for sure. I can't think of a better weekend getaway! I think the Low Country is beautiful. I can't imagine living in the thick of it. There must be so many beautiful places within driving distance for you to visit! Lucky girl!

Beautiful church, but I love the older designs. Went to mass Saturday at a church that was 100 years old, beautiful.

I prefer the older churches too. But when a newer church is designed and constructed with such detail it really is special. The church you went to on Saturday sounds lovely. Don't you wish you could take pictures, but you know you can't during mass. :rolleyes1

Great Dismeat, such a fun thing to do & getting to meat KatMark!

I was thrilled to meet Kathy and get to see Mary and the girls again. They are all such lovely people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter