I thought pool-hopping was not allowed?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mathgeek, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathgeek

mathgeek DIS Veteran

I have been helping a friend plan her trip and when she booked her resort she was told that they "could use any pool except the Yacht Club and Beach Club ones." As a DVC member I always thought that this was a privilege for DVC members staying on points (and we can't use pools at Y&BC or AKL), with the exception of guests staying at Y&BC being allowed to use each others pools as well as POR & POFQ and the 3 All-Stars. Has something changed that I missed? Or was my friend misinformed?

I know this can be a hot topic - I just want to know if the rules have changed - my friend doesn't seem to believe me b/c she had read somewhere that they can use any pool on property and now it's being reinforced by the CM who booked their ressie. Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AJKMOM

AJKMOM DIS Veteran

You are correct, there is no pool hopping except to a pool of a sister resort if you are at one. Your friend will be seriously disappointed depending on when and where she tries to "hop".

4. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

You are correct. Perhaps she booked through a travel agent. There are still LOTS of people who truely believe pool hopping is still allowed.

5. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

The policy has been stated. She won't be able to pool hop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.