I think we might be in trouble...

MD DisneyFreaks

Mouseketeer
We have CSR ressies for our trip in August. I got a $99 rate, so I'm pretty happy about that. I called today just to see if there were any deluxe rooms available...I've always wanted to stay SV at AKL.

So I ask the CM what's available, using the codes from the podcast this week. I expect to hear that Poly, CR, BC/YC and BW are either sold out or only $$$$$$ rooms available. She says "nothing is coming up"...I said "nothing period?" She says..."nothing at all!!""

There are absolutely no deluxe rooms available for our stay (8/8-8/16)!!!!! :scared1:

I'm hoping that maybe there's a night or two during our stay that's sold out...not the entire time!!

I don't understand why they'd offer new discounts if they're already full???

Anyway, I hope it's not stupid crowded...I know it will be crowded, but I hope it's not insane. :eek:

Is there nothing at all...or just nothing available at the discounted rate?

Nothing is probably available at the discounted rate.I know these new codes had very limited availibility.I called the same day they were released and there were no discounted rooms left for 9/21-9/27, but if you ask without the discount you had a wide variety.

You can get rooms at a Deluxe if you want to pay the full price, but the sale has pretty much sold out of the moderates and the deluxes. There is very limited availability left at the sale price at the values.

I am booked at CSR from 8/9 to 8/17. You'll be happy at CSR and maybe we'll see each other!

I am so excited for us!!

I asked with or without the discount and she said there was nothing. Now, I realize that even if one night during our stay is sold out that it would come up as unavailable, so I'm hoping that's the case....not that the resorts are sold out for all nights we're there. :scared:

Jeez..

I hope so too. I was hoping the hot weather and free dining being released soon after our stay was complete would keep everyone at bay.

Ugh, I hope I don't have to deal with the heat and crowds.

I live here year round so I have to deal with the heat no matter what, but I can choose not to deal with the crowds.

Let's keep our fingers crossed

I have been trying for my dates as well and nothing is open for the 7th till the 10th except for OKW and SSR with any type of code or even full rack rate. I think that the resorts are going to be filled but it may or not effect crowd levels at the parks. The values are filled because of the Little league torn. at the WWOS that wk and may have spilled over into the mods but they may not be going to the parks. There families were offered to buy discount park tix but there is no way to know if they did. At least you arn't at the value resot like me. If you want I'll trade:lmao: I was able to get 2 days at POFQ.

Just checked Expedia and Travelocity...looks like things are pretty much sold out during that timeframe, got the following message that was tied to almost ALL of the resorts on Travelocity

We are sorry, there are no rooms available at this hotel for the dates selected. You may search other dates to find availability.
Search

We're there the following week, the 13th-23rd, and I just called to switch our resort choice and had my pick of almost any resort (except Pop) with the Annual Passholder discount. All the mods were available, as well as the All Stars and lots of deluxes. So, at least it looks like that week won't be too bad! We went with French Quarter for $99/night. I would have gone with CSR (which is my favorite mod), but we will be there for a big Grand Gathering trip in January, so we wanted something different.

If the Little League teams that are at WDW during that week have a coach like my son's, who doesn't like the kids doing anything but relaxing on game days, then maybe we won't see too many of the team around the parks. I too was hoping that it wasn't going to be Spring Break crowded during the week of Aug 3-10 but look like it might.::scared:

We have CSR ressies for our trip in August. I got a $99 rate, so I'm pretty happy about that. I called today just to see if there were any deluxe rooms available...I've always wanted to stay SV at AKL.

So I ask the CM what's available, using the codes from the podcast this week.

First, could I ask about where I can find this code? How long is it good for? Would LOVE to find a $99 rate for Nov.

Next...to help with your question....I do know that if you put in a series of dates (8/16 to 8/19) and there is ONE night that it is sold out completely, then the computer will come back and tell you there is nothing available. It doesn't come back and say well, I've got rooms 8/16 and 8/17 and 8/18, but you'll have to sleep somewhere else on 8/19. BUT...if you change your search criteria for 8/16 to 8/18, suddenly it has rooms because you aren't asking about the 19th when it's full.

Hope that made sense!

If it makes you feel better, we just got back from a week at CSR and it was beautiful, incredible, awesome. I, too, have always wanted to stay at AKL so we visited it while we were there (had a rental car). Please don't anyone flame me, but we did not like AKL at all! It was dark, crowded, unimaginative, and uninviting. We were soooo glad we had stayed at CSR and felt so lucky. The grounds there really are something out of paradise. Have a great trip.

Odd.

I got a sale rate yesterday using the code for CSR. First they couldn't find a room, but the CSR rep found one using the code.

You can get rooms at a Deluxe if you want to pay the full price, but the sale has pretty much sold out of the moderates and the deluxes. There is very limited availability left at the sale price at the values.

I am booked at CSR from 8/9 to 8/17. You'll be happy at CSR and maybe we'll see each other!

I am so excited for us!!

I was just able to upgrde from All Star Sports to Old Key West.. for Aug 8-10th..with a code that the CM actually gave me b/c another code I tried was sold out.. $80 difference but we are psyched..

I know CBR and the values went on a huge sale for cast members for the month of august so I assume there is still a lot of availability for them :confused3 I know we're booked at 100% capacity already at the deluxes for the entire summer.

First, could I ask about where I can find this code? How long is it good for? Would LOVE to find a $99 rate for Nov.

I should have been more specific...the $99 rate is using my aunt's CM discount. It's called a CM Other Guest Bedroom rate and is 40% off. I'm kicking myself now because when we originally booked AKL was available for $135!!! Initially, we didn't want to pay the extra $35/night for AKL so we booked CSR. By the time I came to my senses a few days later, the CM discounts were all but gone...so I'm fortunate to have CSR for $99.

The codes that I'm referring to were mentioned on this week's podcast and are good for $69 for values (I think) $109 for moderates and $179 for OKW and SSR weekdays. I doubt there are many rooms still available at these rates...if any.

I was just able to upgrde from All Star Sports to Old Key West.. for Aug 8-10th..with a code that the CM actually gave me b/c another code I tried was sold out.. $80 difference but we are psyched..

That's great! I can get OKW or SSR as well, but you don't get maid service except for trash and towels on the 4th day of your stay at DVC resorts. With the temperatures in August so high we shower like twice each day, so I would want fresh towels each day...petty, I know...but it's important to us to not have to keep our rooms picked up and our towels constantly drying.

I wouldn't panic too much. You could go to your neighbor at your resort and ask them what they are doing that day and it'll probably be different of what you are going to do. But if it is, ask them what time they are going to get to the park. It's probably going to be different from you. Ask them what they expect to do in that park. It's probably going to be different from you.

That's one of the best things about Disney World. It has so much to offer that not every guest in is one park at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter