I think WDW watched this weeks show live. (bathrooms)

I know why opinion sounds like a lazy form of parenting, EG. I'm not going to make the effort to teach my child not to swear and the difference between an adult word and a child word, I'm just going to make sure my child isn't exposed to swearing because that's easier.
But in some cases, it seems like the only way

I wonder if anyone took Pete up on his suggestion to tweet out pictures to the WDW twitter account...
I've been watching the search for 'wdwtoday' and haven't seen many negative replies.

One of the few negative things were people complaining that half of the few rides at hollywood studios early for the fireworks.

I must have always went to a restroom when they were clean. I've never had this problem pete and the others speak of.
The bathrooms have always been generally clean.

I'm in the same boat...go every year and have yet to run into anything as bad as pictured. DW says she's seen bad, so it obviously happens. Just lucky I guess!

I absolutely agree that the public need to stop being such pigs, because at the end of the day, that's the only way the bathrooms get messy.

However, there is obviously too many pigs out there so disney should make sure the areas are clean.

Does that make sense?

The bathrooms shouldnt me a mess, but the fact is, they are, so unfortunately, the easiest way around this is for disney to ensure they're clean, regardless of the pigs.

The other thing is, no one thinks that THEY are the problem.
For example, our bathrooms at work constantly have one -3 stalls that are beyond belief, but, when you talk to people about it, everyone denies that it's them and is disgusted that someone would leave them like that.
Well, it has to be someone!! But no one thinks (or wants to admit) that it's them. So how to you combat those in denial?
Have someone in the bathrooms who names and shames those who leave a mess?
I hear ya, and agree - daggone shame people can't take personal responsibility. And if a job would PAY me to do what you suggested, and give me a sit of armor to withstand the flames and attacks, I'd TAKE it!! LOL. Seriously - it's like everybody who washes their hands, leaves a puddle of water around the sink, and when you go to use it, there's nowhere except a soggy puddle all over the countertop to put your bag/purse, and the front of your shirt gets all wet - I HATE that! I not only clean up after myself (like I was taught to do as a widdle iddy biddy child), but also wipe AROUND the sink, to "account" for the slobs before me.

And don't even get me started on women who think they can hover but can't, don't use the toilet seat covers and then don't wipe the darn thing down after they have, how do I put this, I'm going with tinkled since it's polite. Really, if you don't have the leg strength to hover, sit down trust me it won't kill you I don't really like either sitting down and getting the little surprise you left me all over me or having to check and clean up the seat first. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

And don't even get me started on women who think they can hover but can't, don't use the toilet seat covers and then don't wipe the darn thing down after they have, how do I put this, I'm going with tinkled since it's polite. Really, if you don't have the leg strength to hover, sit down trust me it won't kill you I don't really like either sitting down and getting the little surprise you left me all over me or having to check and clean up the seat first. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
I actually have a "plaque" on the back of my bathroom door at home, shaped like a toilet seat....it says "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be a sweetie and wipe the seatie". :)

Pretty sure it's been proven that there isn't anything you can catch from a toilet seat if you use it correctly, regardless of whether there are surprises left behind (as gross as that is)
There shouldn't be anything touching the seat that can contract a disease is what I'm saying.

Pretty sure it's been proven that there isn't anything you can catch from a toilet seat if you use it correctly, regardless of whether there are surprises left behind (as gross as that is)
There shouldn't be anything touching the seat that can contract a disease is what I'm saying.

Yep, I know that is why those who think they need to hover but can't and leave a mess for others to clean up get on my nerves. Just sit down, if it bothers you, put the little paper seat cover that is there down and either flush it down or put it in the trash when you are done.

Yep, I know that is why those who think they need to hover but can't and leave a mess for others to clean up get on my nerves. Just sit down, if it bothers you, put the little paper seat cover that is there down and either flush it down or put it in the trash when you are done.
And toilet paper laid down on the seat works fine too. So much better than hovering and making a mess

I have no experience with the men's rooms at WDW, but I can say the women's rooms have gone through a decline, IMO. While we can blame custodial staff for some of it, I think a sharp spike in germaphobic people is to blame. When people are brazen enough to hover and make messes in their places of work and even in friends'/colleague's homes (yes, had this happen at a work event at a friend's house), I'm sure they'd have no qualms about leaving a mess in a WDW bathroom where they're pretty much just another face in the crowd. And with the number of people who do this nowadays, it's got to be a nightmare for custodial staff to keep up. I do know some people that are willing to use seat protectors, but refuse to dispose of them in the toilet when done because they'd never touch the cover they just used. I know others who refuse to use them or lay down toilet paper for fear they might touch the seat during placement. All I can say is that I probably would have died back in college from all of the funk in the bar and fraternity house bathrooms if a dirty toilet was going to kill me.

I have no experience with the men's rooms at WDW, but I can say the women's rooms have gone through a decline, IMO. While we can blame custodial staff for some of it, I think a sharp spike in germaphobic people is to blame. When people are brazen enough to hover and make messes in their places of work and even in friends'/colleague's homes (yes, had this happen at a work event at a friend's house), I'm sure they'd have no qualms about leaving a mess in a WDW bathroom where they're pretty much just another face in the crowd. And with the number of people who do this nowadays, it's got to be a nightmare for custodial staff to keep up. I do know some people that are willing to use seat protectors, but refuse to dispose of them in the toilet when done because they'd never touch the cover they just used. I know others who refuse to use them or lay down toilet paper for fear they might touch the seat during placement. All I can say is that I probably would have died back in college from all of the funk in the bar and fraternity house bathrooms if a dirty toilet was going to kill me.
I think it's hilarious how contradictory the train of thought is though: germaphobe so won't sit on a toilet seat or even lay paper down (even though they'd have gallons of disinfectant gel in their bags no doubt) but they're happy to hover, pee everywhere and then actually be the cause of why the toilets are "germy"

I've never understood the hover thing unless a toilet is really foul. I still remember being a kid and my friend and I using the toilet at the mall and her mom pulled out a thing of Lysol to spray the seat down. I was befuddled.

I have seen some pretty rank bathrooms at WDW. Most recently we were there about a week or two ago and none of the toilets at the bathroom near Space Mountain would flush. It was incredibly gross and I don't understand why Disney wouldn't close the bathroom if everything wasn't working!

This is a problem because people are filthy slobs. They drop bombs in the toilet and don't even flush. Then they leave shards of toilet paper on the floor. And just throw stuff everywhere except the garbage cans. Humans are filthy, selfish creatures. You see it everywhere in Disney. People push and shove at the parades, at rope drop. They try to cut you off at restaurants and rides and the buses. And they **** all over the bathroom.

Think yourself lucky that men just pee on the floor!

Oh, men and women do a whole lot worse outside of the WDW universe. If you've traveled to Turkey, Greece, Italy and many countries in Europe, you've no doubt had the thrill of discovering public toilets without commodes. Basically, tiled cubicles with a hole in the floor. My fellow traveling companions from Australia (shout out to you, Jes! Sorry to mention your name in this context) and New Zealand, call them squatty potties. In this situation, you are fortunate if it is a pay toilet because that usually means there is an attendant who has attempted to clean up the worst of the worst. As a lady, standing in the inevitable line after paying my coin, I've learned to roll up my pant legs high (real, real high if you get my drift), get my kleenex out of my pack and then practice my best Cirque du Soleil moves. I've had the thrill of checking out the mens rooms in both Turkey and Italy. Yes, really. But in a group of swarming gals. Basically, the lines to the ladies were so long that the men on our bus tours shut down the mens room for us ladies so we could partake. While gallant of them, it was just scary to see how the other half live. I thought the ladies room was bad. The mens was oh so gross.

Do I also find some WDW toilets dirty? Absolutely. But in comparison with holes in the floor, not so much. However, I am also paying a much higher admission price to the parks and there is some reasonable expectation of basic cleanliness. This DIS shout out to WDW to get their bathrooms cleaner was inevitable given how dirty those washrooms have become. I support Pete 100% and thank him for doing the dirty job that no one else could or would do.

The worst toilets that come to mind are the ladies rooms in A) Epcot's Land Pavilion both 1) just around the corner from Soarin' and 2) on the entrance level on the landing to the left before the stairs/escalator; B) in Epcot straight across the public space from Test Track C) in Epcot in the Morocco Pavilion (and no, its not because of the food! :-)) but Epcot's worst ladies room is reserved for the restroom behind the Kringla Og Kafe dining area. Really . . . what is up in the state of Denmark? Is it just because its the closest facility to the Margarita Stand and the nachos in Mexico? Who knows? All of the above usually have trash cans overflowing and toilets that are just nasty. I could somewhat understand if I was visiting the powder room after 10 pm in the World Showcase when some ladies had been drinking. However, this is the state of the bathrooms at 1 pm on weekdays. I don't know how Moms deal with this with young children in tow. As an adult, I can police myself and not touch much of nothing unless absolutely necessary. How you keep little hands clean with 2 or 3 children in a stall with you is anyone's guess. All in all, "things" can only go up from here! It can't get any worse.

The ONLY time I have ran into a mess in a Disney bathroom was when I saw a woman and her daughter being absolute pigs. As in, not cleaning up the pile of toilet paper they put on the seat, not caring that they splashed water all over the counter, threw their paper towels on the floor... that sort of thing. And they laughed about it. Disgusting.

Other then that, I have never seen a dirty bathroom at Disney. Never. Guess I am just lucky? Though I doubt that because I use a lot of bathrooms due to medical reasons!

I have found that the cleanliness of WDW bathrooms have declined through the years. We started going in 1988 and everything was so clean it was definitely a 'we're in our Magic Place' kind of feeling. We took my mother in the early 90's and she was amazed how clean everything was, how wonderful all the cm's were...when we left to go to the airport on our trip home and stopped t eat offsite, she came back (after a restroom) trip and "Well, we're not in Disney anymore". So true at that time point and I want it to be true again, where we feel everything in WDW is at least a few steps above outside WDW.

I loved the 90's in WDW, I still love going but it's not the same experience it was.

As along as a) no cuts/open sores on that area or b) you don't touch yourself in that area with hands that have cuts/open sores you're good.

I have found that the cleanliness of WDW bathrooms have declined through the years. We started going in 1988 and everything was so clean it was definitely a 'we're in our Magic Place' kind of feeling. We took my mother in the early 90's and she was amazed how clean everything was, how wonderful all the cm's were...when we left to go to the airport on our trip home and stopped t eat offsite, she came back (after a restroom) trip and "Well, we're not in Disney anymore". So true at that time point and I want it to be true again, where we feel everything in WDW is at least a few steps above outside WDW.

I loved the 90's in WDW, I still love going but it's not the same experience it was.
TOTALLY agree with everything you so eloquently explained - I also started going regularly in '93, and you captured my feelings about everything in a nutshell!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter