I think the illuminations rumors are true

I prefered the old Illuminations to this one, so I wouldnt be sad to see it go.

I prefered the old Illuminations as well. This show is okay, and the globe is some serious awesome technology, but I miss the lasers and would love to see more fireworks.

I hope Illuminations goes. It's one of my least favorite things in all of WDW, and defintely my least favorite night time show. I just don't get it. We usually will watch it, because we're there. But, I long ago gave up about worrying if we had a good spot or not. I would love to see them bring back the Tapestry of Dreams, though!

We saw Illuminations this past May, and although we enjoyed it, it didn't blow me away. Could someone tell me the name of the laser/firework show that would have been around in the late 1980's - I just loved that one - all I remember is the various countries lighting up, there was music for each one, and I remember hearing "Rhapsody in Blue" and falling in love with it. Any chance there's a video around somewhere of it ?

:scared1:We love Illuminations more then any other fireworks at WDW. I always cry for some reason. If they change it, I hope the music will be as great as current one. We saw special fireworks on 4th of July, it was terrible.

I don't care for this version of Illuminations at all. I was so sad that the previous version was discontinued. Now that was a great show! The focus on the countries with the lasers was so cool!

Patsmom, that is just what I was thinking! That parade was the best! I miss that and it's music....but I am sure what ever they do with Illuminations, the change will be just as great if not better :)

I would like to see Illuminations go and the parade they had come back!

If you can't find it at WDW, try calling World of Disney in NYC. Last August I tried to buy the soundtrack to "Finding Nemo The Musical" in the parks and it was impossible. There weren't any cd's in the kiosk outside the show, so I asked customer service at the AK front gate. The CM made some calls, couldn't locate any in the park, and took my cell# in case she found one. Later that day, she called and said there might be 1 copy somewhere in DOwntown Disney. Never got it. Two months later, in NYC, the World of Disney store was fully stocked with FNTM cds! So, don't give up hope! They might have it!

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll replace it with a show that's very expensive to produce and they can only show it a couple of times/week, like Fantasmic.

/sarcasm

We love IllumiNations. We were just married at Disney in November and our night ended with an IllumiNations Dessert Party that everyone loved. We love the show and they just updated the globe a few months ago so I doubt they would change the show after putting all the money into the globe.

Linda

We love Illuminations but wouldn't be opposed to a change. We also loved the Main Street Electrical Parade but Spectromagic is great too. And we liked the fireworks before Wishes (can't remember the name now) but Wishes is pretty awesome.

As long as they replace it with a new show, my family will be fine. Change is not always a bad thing.

I do wish they would bring back Tapestry of Dreams though. It was a great parade!

ITA. I miss Tapestry of Dreams. It was a wonderful parade.

I like Illuminations very much, and it is kind of sentimental because we go 1+/-times a year with the kids, and all they have ever known is Illuminations. So, for sentimental value, I think I will bring the camcorder along and tape it. Sniff.

I would be very upset if they got rid of Illuminations. It's the one nighttime show there I really like. Wishes is OK, but to really see well you have to cram into Main Street with everyone else, which isn't pleasant and I really don't like the soundtrack to it. I'll watch it once on a trip just to say I've seen it, but Illuminations I go to multiple times a trip. As for Fantasmic, the Disneyland one is soooooo much better.

The Tapestry of Nations soundtrack plays after Illuminations as you're walking out. It's great music!

I cannot believe how many people want to see Illumniations go!!! It is my absolute favorite show at Disney & I also see it more than once each trip. I love the music, globe, fireworks..everything about it. I hope they keep it!!

Regardless of what happens with Illuminations, I hope they keep the holiday tag. The "Let There Be Peace" stuff makes me cry every time and now that Walter Cronkite has passed it will be even more special.

I LOVE Illuminations. However, I'll say this, after seeing it tons of times I feel that there's too much downtime in the middle of the show. Not bad but, could be better.

I'd also like to see something with more "Disney" infused. Not kiddy but maybe some Walt diaglog (like they do at Disneyland's fireworks show).

Also, frankly there's not alot of fireworks as compared to many shows. Lets crank it up a bit.

As for the holiday tag, that's a must. That is one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. For me personally it's better than the July 4 ending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter