I think I've read to many threads..can't decide where to stay

momoftwins98

Earning My Ears
Going to WDW in June 2004, can't decide where to stay. Last July stayed Poly conceirge, I think I was spoiled!

Traveling with DH, and DD's 5 (twins) We are spending 5 days in WDW and 5 days on the beach so I'm thinking no to Poly. I was thinking either Cont. or FW. Also what is the difference between FW and WL? Any suggestions?

But, really, I know what you mean! :p

Poly concierge--you ARE spoiled! How wonderful! You might want to try Wilderness Lodge (if you want to stay near the Magic Kingdom) or Animal Kingdom Lodge (if you don't mind staying a bit farther away from the MK but love animals) for a complete change of pace. Both lodges are gorgeous.

WL = Wilderness Lodge, which is a deluxe hotel located in the Fort Wilderness area.

FW = Fort Wilderness, usually referring to the campground. There are also log cabins at Fort Wilderness, which look quite nice. Also lots of activities at Fort Wilderness, like petting farm, campfire, bike riding, etc.

For detailed info about all the resorts, check out http://www.wdwig.com/ where there's tons of info and photos. You may also want to read the reviews section on this board--lots of informative posts.

I'm sure 20 other people have chimed in while I've been typing this! ::yes::

So I'll say bye for now. Enjoy planning your trip--it's almost as much fun as going to WDW!

--miffy--

Welcome!

It is tough making that decision! Disney has so many wonderful resorts to choose from.

I've stayed at CR and WL. They are both wonderful hotels for families. With the boat that runs between CR/WL & FW, it's easy to stay at one & "play" at the others.

If you have any specific questions about CR or WL, I'd be happy to help.

I think AKL is best! ::MickeyMo It was great when i stayed there! There are animals that kids and parents will love!It also gives you a reason to get back to the hotel early!:Pinkbounc

We loved AKL and we didn't even stay there! We were stayling at BC, but traveled to AKL for Boma and just to hang around the wonderful resort. It really is an amazing place and I hope to stay there some day soon. I would also highly recommend WL. My kids and I loved it! There's such a really great, warm feeling there that you can feel spoiled staying in Woods View. I knew we sure did!

WL is a beautiful resort. The pool starts in the lobby as a stream and flows into the pool which goes to a geyser. So cool. I know many will say this is one of their fave resorts and their concierge is excellent.

Cont. best thing about it is the restaurants and that it is on the monorail.

FW we go to this resort and sometimes never enter a park. Many guest do this. There is just so many activities and we find it a real escape. It is quiet, the Wilderness Homes sleep five, have a seperate living rm with full kitchen and we love to sit out on the deck and people watch. The kids can bike, go on a hayride and do Chip & Dales campfire every evening (shh its free). The WL & FW share the boats & buses but are two seperate resorts.

Another vote for AKL!
DD7 and DS4 loved it there. Since you've been at a monorail resort, why not go for something different.
When I read your thread - I immediately thought of AKL. It's a great resort for kids and waking up to animals outside your window can't be beat.

i have to agree with those suggesting AKL. i just got back from there in august with my sister, and 2 nephews (16 & 12). they loved it, especially the pool...it was so big that you didn't even know there were other people in there unless they were playing a game. the kids loved the slide too. my sister and i, we loved our savanna view and drinking our coffee watching the animals in the early morning.

We've only stayed at FW, AKL and OKW. Although my favorite is OKW we also loved AKL. I would highly recommend AKL for your DD's (this was my 6yo granddaughters favorite).

We were not that thrilled with FW. Have a magical time.

After being so close to MK at the Poly, you might want to stay at the Contemporary. If you would like to enjoy being close to other parks, look into Epcot area resorts. We got a good price at the Dolphin, but the Beach Club has the best pool and the Boardwalk Inn is fun too. You're right by Epcot, MGM, and Boardwalk. The bus service to MK/AK is very good from the Dolphin.

Previous posts have mentioned some great resort, and my favorite happens to be WL..

However, based on the info you provide, ie..
Last July stayed Poly conceirge, I think I was spoiled!
I was thinking either Cont. or FW.

...I would have to conclude that CR would be the resort for you!

Why? It's a delux monorail resort, which will easily cater to that delux sweet-tooth you've got, and it's not the Poly, which was also a criteria of yours.

FW has a log cabin and camp-grounds... It's a long way from a delux conceirge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter