I think I'm in the character pool?

progroupie

Mouseketeer
I went to auditions last week in Orlando. I made it past the first cuts after the dance audition and I went on to do the animation. They told us when they seperated us into groups for the animation that we were free to go when we finished and they would call us between 2 weeks and 6 months. This sounds like everything I've heard about the pool.
I have a lot of questions about the pool because when I was in entertainment before I was on my CP and never went through the pool.
I gave my availability as starting in August, does that mean if they have any openings before August they won't call me until August? Or will they just call me in general any time they're pulling people from the pool?
Is there a way I can contact them to occassionally check on my status? I'm paranoid because after my first audition when I was a CP, they never called me and then sent me an email saying they were sorry I didn't make it to the audition but they'd be willing to offer me another role. So I emailed them and said I'd attended the audition. Then they sent me a new email saying I'd been given an entertainment role. So I want to be able to contact them and check once in awhile.
Any other info you can give me about the character pool?

Congrats on getting so far! If you're really paranoid about them having your info correct could you call them and say "hey I want to update my phone number to xxx" and then when they're like "that's already your phone number" be like "woops thanks BYEEE!" or something like that?

Also, if I decide to apply for the Spring CP, how does the whole character pool play into that? Because I'd like to audition for entertainment for the CP, assumming I'm not pulled from the pool anytime before that. The 6 months would end in October making me eligible to audition again before the spring program. But if I applied before that, would they look at my audition and consider placing me in entertainment without another audition?

To update your contact info contact Regular Disney Casting NOT Character Casting. The person that talked with you at the end of the audition is from Disney Casting, so he/she makes the Entertainment offers and will need to update that system.

You will likely need to reaudtion for the Spring CP.

So I could call casting and they could probably tell me if I'm in the pool?

Also, when they contact you do they do it by phone or email?

Out of curiosity propgroupie, is there a reason you didn't go seasonal at the end of your program? It would seem a lot easier than going to the trouble to re-audition and everything if you knew you wanted to return. Sorry for being nosey, I was just curious :goodvibes

I had an attendence reprimand so I didn't meet transfer guidelines to go seasonal at the end of my program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter