I think I made a mistake... or did I

snarfblatt

Mouseketeer
We have booked at POR for Nov. But now, looking at pictures of POFQ... I think I want to change. :rolleyes:

It looks beautiful but still has that air of Disney whimsy :joker:... sound silly?:confused3

Family of four... two boys 9/6:crowded:

Which one would you chose and why? :thumbsup2

Having only stayed at POR (back when it was Dixie Landings), I would stay here again. I loved the calmness of the resort. It is beautiful. POR and POFQ are connected, so you could always go visit POFQ to check it out!

POFQ is smaller if that is something you are looking for. POR is very spread out.

With the ages of your boys, I don't think it matters. Both resorts have great pools. I think POR has the better food court.

I think POR is an excellent choice! :cool1:

I actually like POFQ a little more...just b/c it's so cute and pretty XD:lovestruc But then again...this is coming from a girl...so u might want to go with POR since you have boys. :rotfl:

DW and I stayed at POFQ in Sept two years ago and thought it was great. The courtyards in between buildings were a nice area for kids to run around in (saw many families taking advantage of this), the pool was good, it had a decent little arcade and the bartenders were friendly :thumbsup2 We chose it over POR for part of the same reason: that it had a bit more of Disney feel to it.

At the time, the buses went to POFQ before POR, so we pretty much had an empty bus picking us up everytime (seats!). On the return trip at park closing, it was a coin toss over which resort was dropped off first. The boat to DD came in handy as well.

DW is content on staying at the new AoA Little Mermaid rooms on our next trip, otherwise we wouldn't hesitate to stay at POFQ again.

With boys I would stay with POR. You can always jaunt over to POFQ and enjoy the amenities there as well. Stay in the alligator bayou. Those rooms have just been refurbished. You'll love it there! :goodvibes

I have stayed at both and think the mardi gras theme at POFQ would appeal to kids more. IMO it seems like a lot of families with kids stay there. I am basing this on the fact that the two resorts share the buses and it always seems to me that more families with kids get on and off at POFQ than POR.

We stayed at POFQ last trip and loved it. We did visit POR a couple times during our stay and thought it seemed very nice as well. We did consider trying POR for next trip, just to switch it up a little, but we have decided to stick with POFQ because we really enjoyed how small it is. Everything is a very short walk, and having only one bus stop was great. In our 11 day stay, only once did we have to share a bus with POR, and we were picked up first which was good because we got seats without a problem, but after stopping at all POR's stops we realized how much we liked only having one bus stop. The room was nice, the pool nice and not too busy. If i had to pick a food court, I'd have to say POR wins that, by a small margin though. And POR also has the TS restaurant which POFQ is lacking IMO. But its only a lovely walk or boat ride over.

we've stayed at both, we LOVE POFQ and don't care for POR at all. We liked how compact POFQ was, and enjoyed the theme of the resort better than the more rustic feel at POR. We usually only do food courts for breakfast, and i'm pretty sure i had the same bacon and eggs platter at every Mod, so the only comment i have about the POR food court was that i disliked the layout. It was crazy busy in the morning, and the way it was shaped, we were getting bumped and whacked by people with trays and people not paying attention.

Hello there! We have stayed at both resorts and absolutely love POR! POFQ is very nice as well but there is just so much more to POR.

I have two boys aged 8 and 11 and they totally love Old Man Island at POR. They think the slide at POFQ is "babyish" but spend literally HOURS at Old Man Island going down the slide, playing in the jets, participating in the pool games ect.

They also love the rooms in Alligator Bayou....again they think they are very "cool", especially the extra bed.....very handy if your kids are like mine and poke at each other while they are "trying :rolleyes2 to get to sleep"

They really like the marina as well, we checked out the water mice and they were lots of fun :)

They also said to tell you(I just asked them :thumbsup2) they liked the larger giftshop, arcade and foodcourt at POR. My older one really liked the "make your own pasta" at POR. He got to pick exactly what he wanted for ingredients so it was a cool novelty to him.

We didn't get a chance to check out the fishing hole, but others have had fun there.

My dh had to work on the computer on the room one night so the boys and I went to see the YeeHaw Bob show in the lounge and had the BEST time! So much fun.....and funny as heck! He had us rolling on the ground arms and legs in the air :rotfl: Hysterical!

They also set up a movie screen at night by the river and show disney movies :lovestruc

It all depends on what you are looking for IMO. FQ is a convenient little resort to lay your head at the end of the day. But, POR is acutally a resort to spend some time at and unwind after a stimulating day at the parks.

Have fun whichever you choose :goodvibes

I've stayed at both and just got back from POR. One thing POR has over POFQ is multiple pools. You could go to the main pool or one of the quiet pools.

We haven't stayed at either, but if I had to choose between the two, I would go with POR. We stayed at CBR and while others feel it's too spread out, we kind of like that feeling. With that said, I think we would like the spread out feeling of POR over the compact feel of POFQ. I also like the theme/decor of POR better. Good luck.

I think I made a mistake... or did I

Perhaps you have. :confused3 Considering that on your other current thread on this forum you don't think that POR has the "Disney feel" that you are looking for. All of the mods and deluxes are the same way. You are reading the same thing on the other thread.

My suggestion to you is to look at photos of all of the resorts and do some reading BEFORE making reservations for a resort. Then you don't have to worry about making multiple changes. If you need 'in your face' Disney icons at your resort, then the value resorts would probably suit you best.

You're absolutely right... if I am even questioning myself, then the answer is right there.

Sorry~!

Thanks!

I gave an answer on your other post about POR, but to add to that ... my kids adored POR; POFQ not so much. Disliked the foodcourt, gift shop very small, etc. Not much whimsy there for us.

We stayed at POR with our two boys and daughter three times. They all loved the pool area and my DH took the boys to the fishing hole and they had the best time! I think with the ages of your two boys, the pool at POR would be more fun. The pool area at POFQ is much smaller.

POR as it also has a murphy bed that one boy could sleep onit they donot sleep well together. but both resorts are nice

We absolutely love POR - it has a great disney feel, beautiful and relaxing grounds, excellent food court etc. Mansions Vs Bayou also have different feel to give you a choice. Having said this, you can't go wrong with either.

POR gets my vote. We think the grounds are so much prettier. My DS12 loves the pool abd slide at POR better, as well as the food court. Better/more options.

If youre lookimg for a smaller resort then POFQ is the one for you. Smaller resorts dont matter much to us thou. There is more for us at por such as the bike rentals and yehaw bob. Yes POFQ guests can come over to use the stuff at por....but its a bit of a walk.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We stood at POFQ with our DN8 last year, it was great. The area is smaller which made it feel more comfortable and personal. It was easy to walk around and see everything.

Take a look at this site- www.portorleans.org/ it has lots of information on both POR and POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter