I think I got a pin

Discussion in 'Australia' started by kwonyong, Jul 22, 2010.

1. kwonyong

kwonyong Mouseketeer

I just got an email from disney destinations for monster savings on a disneyland resort hotel which told me to remember to quote my pin????????

Of course we want to go to disney world not disneyland for this next trip, so hopefully I'll get a disney world pin soon.:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Travel Mum

Travel Mum DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, how exciting :cool1: Do you use a U.S. or Aussie email address?

4. kwonyong

kwonyong Mouseketeer

aussie address and email. :goodvibes

5. heidispidi

heidispidi Mouseketeer

Has anyone received a Pin recently? I have seen in other threads that lots of people on here have received a pin today - were any of you lucky enough? If you've had a pin sent to you before, do you need a US address or email address?

We'd love to stay at the GC while in Anaheim (who wouldn't?), and if we were to get a pin for 30 - 40% off, it would be affordable. Right now, it's not. Today I have saved a quote for staying at GC to my Disney website profile, and I have also emailed them asking for any special discount they might want to throw my way just because I'm a nobody who asked nicely?!!

If you have any tips, please share them!

6. hjd0411

hjd0411 DIS Veteran

That would be interesting to know! I have never stayed onsite, so I thought I'd look into the onsite hotels in Disneyland for 2012 (guesstimate prices only, of course! ;)) and the prices are a bit high, but a pin could make a difference - that's if I qualify, of course!!! :confused3 :)

7. Snickals

Snickals Australian Princess...in Training

I'll be the blonde of the group and ask...how do I get a pin??? :confused3

8. heidispidi

heidispidi Mouseketeer

:confused3 Some people say if you've stayed on site before and/or are in the Disney computer system and/or have a saved quote on the Disney system that you might be a chance of somehow maybe receiving a pin?

9. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

A pin (code) is a super magical thing that Disney offer....it provides a % discount to the recipient for their room rate. Usually values get 20% discount, moderates get 30% discount and deluxes get 40% discount. I've been trying for over 5 years now to get a pin from the on-line site without any success.

Staying on-site helps; or at least it did in May; there was a bounce back offer in the room and it was for 45% off a deluxe. Thing is - you gotta want to come back and book before you leave. I'm never in a position for that to happen! :rolleyes:

Personally, I think that staying on-site at Anaheim is different to staying at WDW. There are so many accommodation options right at the doorstep of DLR and some of them are even closer to the entrance than the DLR hotels.

The GC would need to offer a SIGNIFICANT discount plus throw in breakfast in order to entice me to stay on-site. I can only dream....

10. heidispidi

heidispidi Mouseketeer

I got this response from DL to my question of how you get a pin:

Dear Heidi

Thank you for contacting the Disneyland Resort in Southern California.

Guest have to be mailed a flyer with name, address and pin number to receive offer.

Have a Magical Day,

Cyndy
    Disneyland Resort Reservations
    E-Commerce Desk

Not that they just send them out to any old person!

11. Aust

Aust DIS Veteran

I think we'll have more luck waiting to see if they bring out January discounts over the next couple of weeks!

12. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

I think I got a PIN as well for DIsneyland. 40% off Grand Californian, 35% off Disneyland Hotel and 30% off from January to April 2011. Or is this somethings that's available for the general public? I don't keep up with the Disneyland deals as we're not going there this trip. Oh how I wish we had scheduled to stay in LA for a couple of days post cruise! I really wanted to try the Grand Californian.

13. heidispidi

heidispidi Mouseketeer

This offer is to the public currently (refer my new thread!!).

14. Oz-kateer

Oz-kateer DIS Veteran

I was given one on a flyer left in my room at WDW last month (it was our second trip, two years running), but even with the discount, free dining on moderate works out to be a bigger saving for the length of time we are staying, so we'll pay rack room rate and get the DDP.