I think Airfare just canceled our trip:(

Could you fly out of Kansas City? It was always much cheaper than flying out of Omaha or Lincoln.

I second this. We usually drive down to KC and spend the night before we leave at an airport hotel that offers fly and drive. It's usually cheaper to pay the drive and fly fee than it is to pay for parking at the Omaha airport and you can usually get direct flights cheaper than the connecting flights out of Omaha. It's really nice to get to Orlando in the early afternoon and actually have some time to play on arrival day.

I've also heard that Allegiant flies cheap out of Des Moines, but I've never done that.

Good luck!!

I was also going to suggest flying out of Kansas City, cheaper because it's a Southwest hub. Of course, depending on how far west you are maybe Denver?

I really glad that I bit the bullet last month and bought my airfare this summer's trip. It's more than doubled since I bought it!

airfare is high for me too. I need to fly over labor day weekend from Boston to LAX and WOW !!

I booked our airfare today for a F&W trip. When Air Tran schedules came out it was $109 each way. I kept waiting for the drop and DH kept saying 'If its a good deal then book it before it goes UP like the gas prices." I looked last night and it was up to $114 - only and extra $20 total but if he finds out I will still be hearing the 'I told you so' in October!!:laughing:

We booked 4 non-stop flights out of Manchester 3 weeks ago for 665.00. Those same flights are now 1340.00.:scared1:

I booked my flights on 2/14 which was a Monday.

Don't panic yet ... keep watching. Now that you know what a good price is for your trip, you can jump when you see them again.

I've been eyeballing flights to CA for August and they have been all over the place. Right now (Monday), they are up about $60 per person from the cheapest I've seen ... but cheaper than they were at the end of last week.

We purchased our tickets to Orlando about 4 months out after about 2 months of watching. Prices went all over the place and just when I thought they were up for good, they fell dramatically for a 3 day period.

I booked our airfare today for a F&W trip. When Air Tran schedules came out it was $109 each way. I kept waiting for the drop and DH kept saying 'If its a good deal then book it before it goes UP like the gas prices." I looked last night and it was up to $114 - only and extra $20 total but if he finds out I will still be hearing the 'I told you so' in October!!:laughing:

Don't know if you know this but I booked AirTran and my flight prices went down. They gave me a credit just like SW does. I then used my credit for my baggage fees. Just thought I would share in case you didn't know.

My flights with AirTran are $109 as well. I am holding out for SW as I would prefer to fly out of PVD rather than BOS. Hoping for the best. :goodvibes

:scared1:
We're coming from Nebraska, far enough. However we could drive but with four little kids it sounds daunting!

I'm not sure where in NE you are...I am from the Omaha area.

Have you looked into flying out of KC (MCI) on SW or AirTran? We did that one year and it was well worth the 2.5 hour drive. I even found a coupon for long-term parking on the airport website.

Another option is to look into flying out of Des Moines--a short drive but Allegiant has pretty good fares to Orlando.

we drive it but it's about 19.5 driving and then with stops we figure 22-23. I think you might be longer so that would be far. Not undoable, but far.

I would suggest driving maybe even 5 hours or so to an airport that gives you more options.

And no, I don't think we are going to see prices fall anytime soon. In fact, it will probably be the opposite. It's not just the oil, but our dollar's value is going down which means it takes more dollars to buy that oil.

I just got an email for Airtran this morning and they are having a sale. Don't know your airport or travel dates but you might check and see if it applies to you. :goodvibes

They are back down today:) Only downfall is I wanted to wait till Friday, thinking I should use a credit card and put it on there today. They are back down to $99 each way:)
Driving is out of the question, with my children ages and the fact I did it three times growing up, I'm not willing to do it again!

If they are down today, I would book it. You can pay the amount back on your credit card Friday.

I don't know how soon your trip is though, you could always hold out. Back in 2008, when gas prices sky rocketed I held out. We had a trip at the end of August, I didn't book until the middle of June. It was a gamble though.

$99 each way from all the way out in Nebraska sounds like a good deal to me. Good Luck!

They are back down today:) Only downfall is I wanted to wait till Friday, thinking I should use a credit card and put it on there today. They are back down to $99 each way:)
Driving is out of the question, with my children ages and the fact I did it three times growing up, I'm not willing to do it again!

I would definitely book today. Just use the credit card and make a payment on the card on Friday for what you charged. That way you won't be charged any interest. And, that way you know you got a reasonable price on tickets. :thumbsup2

If they are down today, I would book it. You can pay the amount back on your credit card Friday.

$99 each way from all the way out in Nebraska sounds like a good deal to me. Good Luck!

I would definitely book today. Just use the credit card and make a payment on the card on Friday for what you charged. That way you won't be charged any interest. And, that way you know you got a reasonable price on tickets. :thumbsup2

Good suggestions.

Book! $99 each way for anything out of NE is a great deal. We just don't get the greatest deals here like those that live in the major hubs or on the coasts--I'd jump on it.

I don't know how soon your trip is though, you could always hold out. Back in 2008, when gas prices sky rocketed I held out. We had a trip at the end of August, I didn't book until the middle of June. It was a gamble though.

I agree completely!

We're looking at a bare bones, budget trip in late August. We WILL be driving unless we can fly for less.. which is impossible. Am I excited to drive for 20 hours? Nope. But am I willing to do it for another Disney trip? Absolutely for certain.
I think many many more people will be looking at driving with the current airfare prices. We paid them for the trip we just got back from. But 1600 hurt to pay for a family of four. Heck.. with free dining that is almost the cost of a whole trip at a Value for us. When I look at it that way I can't pay it again, especially to go back so soon.

Personally...we live in PA and if the prices dont come down...we may not go didnt book yet but I am with you there is no way I would drive...DH would LOVE to drive ...straight thru only 17 hours I think but I would probably kill by the end of the drive:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts