I should just stay away from this board!

happymommy

DIS Veteran
We haven't been to WDW since March (went in December also), so there is really no need for me to be lurking once again here!

But... I really enjoyed the Boardwalk Inn last December (with a room discount and free dining, through the Disney Visa promo that was going on). We came home right before Christmas. It was so beautiful, and I love the holiday period there.

I am thinking it would be fun to stay at the GF for Christmas, and the price is good for the Sugar Loaf concierge room - like only a few dollars more than a garden view room with the room only discount. The night of the 25th the discount ends, so we'd be paying rack rate for that night, over $800. But the other nights are about $400, which is very reasonable. We'd spend a lot of time at the resort, as we've done Dec 26th for a week before, and I know how crowded the parks get.

I would really want to stay until the 26th, but my DH may think the whole idea is crazy.

I just wanted to vent - I really don't need to plan another trip! I think I'll just shut off my computer for the rest of the day today now...

PS: and airfare is really low on Southwest, as low as $59 each way, but we'd pay more for our dates. Still, it's so tempting.

:rotfl: Step away from the boards!!!! :rotfl:

Then again, if airfare is that cheap, and you can swing it..... ;)

We haven't been to WDW since March (went in December also), so there is really no need for me to be lurking once again here!

But... I really enjoyed the Boardwalk Inn last December (with a room discount and free dining, through the Disney Visa promo that was going on). We came home right before Christmas. It was so beautiful, and I love the holiday period there.

I am thinking it would be fun to stay at the GF for Christmas, and the price is good for the Sugar Loaf concierge room - like only a few dollars more than a garden view room with the room only discount. The night of the 25th the discount ends, so we'd be paying rack rate for that night, over $800. But the other nights are about $400, which is very reasonable. We'd spend a lot of time at the resort, as we've done Dec 26th for a week before, and I know how crowded the parks get.

I would really want to stay until the 26th, but my DH may think the whole idea is crazy.

I just wanted to vent - I really don't need to plan another trip! I think I'll just shut off my computer for the rest of the day today now...

PS: and airfare is really low on Southwest, as low as $59 each way, but we'd pay more for our dates. Still, it's so tempting.

You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. :surfweb: You are wanting to go back to Disney World soon, maybe for Christmas... You can swing it financially, so there is no reason to wait ... You must do this soon ... :angel:

Give in to temptation. I did. You know you want to. There will be plenty of regrets when you get older. Don't let Disney Denial be one of them.

You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. :surfweb: You are wanting to go back to Disney World soon, maybe for Christmas... You can swing it financially, so there is no reason to wait ... You must do this soon ... :angel:

Give in to temptation. I did. You know you want to. There will be plenty of regrets when you get older. Don't let Disney Denial be one of them.

:lmao: The peer pressure is too much!! I really need DH to agree to another trip, before our March 2010 trip. ;)

I so totally agree about the whole regrets thing. I want to look back at my life and know that we did fun things while our kids were young.

I went once to WDW as a child, fell in love (back then it was just the Magic Kingdom, we stayed at the CR for a long weekend) but my folks must have not loved it. We never went back as a family.

I am still debating... If only my husband doesn't have me committed!:lmao:

Well, I did it. Tentatively, at least... I booked room only at the GF Sugar Loaf concierge for Christmas. My husband my say we have to get home for Christmas, but I booked through the 26th anyway.

I couldn't believe the price - the first two nights are only $312 per night, then $486 and the last night of the 25th is rack rate, though. Yikes.

At least with a room only, I can change my mind more easily.

I was doing the same thing. Hadn't been since March. Free dining was added for fall. My birthday is in november - so I'd get the free birthday ticket or giftcard or whatever it is they are giving.....

I saw the postings for Hilton Head though. And I think that's where I'm gonna go. It may not be terribly Disneyfied, but atleast it is a bit and I don't have to put out as much as going to the World would cost.....but then again it's only 800 more to go.... No no must control myself.

Don't make the mistake I did last August - got sucked into Universal with their $99 ticket. We went for 5 days, stayed at the Portofino Bay resort. While it was okay, their club level was nothing like Disney (or the Ritz); more like a Marriott. I thought it would be fun, but really would have had much of a better time at Disney! I thought the whole atmosphere was more college crowd than the family atmosphere at Disney. Wish I'd spent the extra and gone to Disney. At least we tried something new, but I won't be back there.

Still, it's hard to convince a spouse that really isn't that into it that we NEED to go back! The birthday gift card was great - my DD turned 10, so they upgraded her ticket to an adult one at no charge, then gave her the gift card valued at the adult one day ticket. She had fun buying stuffed animals and things with that $70 plus.

Good luck with your decision - I've never been to Hilton Head.

Well, I just cancelled the GF for now.

I can get an exchange with our timeshare, and have a 2 bedroom condo (nice one, used to be Horizons by Marriott) for free (using our studio at Ko Olina that I deposited).

If we decide to stay through Christmas (I want to!) we can do the 24th to the 26th anywhere at Disney - I asked my husband (via email, he's busy) so we'll see.

Still, I really NEED to stay away!!!!

Don't they have support groups for us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter