I see no sense in a small GFV purchase

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by pinnocchiosdad, Aug 3, 2012.

1. PRmamiDEdos

PRmamiDEdos DIS Veteran

Even AKV has a small gym, but a gym all their own. I don't understand why VGF can't do that.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dis-happy

dis-happy DIS Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised to see GFV get their own check- in area either due to the distance between the two buildings and in light of the new change at BLT.

4. dvc at last !

dvc at last ! DVC Member 2006!

Can you tell us why 10 days ?

I need to know also - want GFV (or is it VGF) ?

Thanks.

5. tomandrobin

tomandrobin DIS Veteran

I'll be in Disney....:teeth:

6. tomandrobin

tomandrobin DIS Veteran

Disney is adding a covered walkway from the Main Building to the DVC building.

7. happyann79

happyann79 Mouseketeer

I am looking forward to seeing this resort!

8. dvc at last !

Please keep us informed when you have some news. Very interested.
    How did you know about the covered walkway ?
    AND-
    Have a great vacation !
    Where are you staying ?

9. disprincessatheart

disprincessatheart I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

The fitness center at gf is already in a building adjacent to the new vgf building, much closer to the dvc building than any of the gf rooms, so it wouldn't really make sense to add a new fitness center to me. Plus, they will want the dvc people heading into the building with the spa...

10. CastleLight

CastleLight DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for explaining this so clearly!! Now I see the value of a small purchase. I didn't know borrowed and banked pts could be used at the 11mo date.

11. LisaS

LisaS DIS Veteran

Banked/borrowed points can be used 11 months out provided they are from the resort you want to book. In other words, if you want to book BCV 11 months out you can use current UY BCV points and/or BCV points that have been banked or borrowed. If you want to book GF 11 months out you will need GF points. Those GF points could be current, banked or borrowed points as long as they are GF points.

12. tomandrobin

tomandrobin DIS Veteran

The covered walkway was shown on the drawings and blueprints.

13. dvc at last !

Thanks for the info.
    I must have missed the covered walkway and the drawings and blueprints.

14. dis-happy

dis-happy DIS Veteran

That is great to hear! Thank you for the info!! When my ds played a lot of tennis there with the pro we were told to park by the spa and walk in. That was a long hot walk in the sun (not to mention rain) all the way to the GF. Having it covered will be much more enjoyable for all.

15. tomandrobin

tomandrobin DIS Veteran

16. dvc at last !

17. corpcomp

corpcomp The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Dw thought GF was very snobby and has no interst in staying there. Hopefully GFC will be different but we really want poly dvc

18. Tinkerdreams

Tinkerdreams Disney Princess

Seeing that the # of units at GFV will only be 147, I think it will be difficult to get in at the 7 month mark. VWL has the second least amount of total units at 181.

I haven't stayed at VWL but I hear its difficult to book. So in keeping that in mind, if I have 100 points, I can bank and borrow and stay every 3rd year, which is OK with me!! :cool1:

19. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

VWL has 138 "units" or a possible 181 rooms. And other than a few select times it's possible to book at 7 months out. I'm guessing that GFV will have no dedicated studios or 1 bedrooms and probably in the 200 to 225 possible rooms.

20. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

VWL has 138 "units" or a possible 181 rooms. And other than a few select times it's possible to book at 7 months out. I'm guessing that GFV will have no dedicated studios or 1 bedrooms and probably in the 200 to 225 possible rooms.

21. Msmithmd

Msmithmd DIS Veteran

Just went by the place ten minutes ago on the monorail. Really taking shape. Should note that while the wet play area is being installed in the same construction project as the DVC buildings, I would say it is in no way a "DVC building amenity." It's about twice as close to the existing GF, as it is to the new construction GFV.

So both accommodations will use the same play area, but it's physically much closer to the existing hotel than to the new DVC building. DVC would be more honest when they market this, to say "the wedding chapel is a DVC amenity" than the new wet play area, if proximity is the guide. ;)

It does appear that they may have a new quiet pool dug out, on the side of the new villas opposite the GF hotel (poly side). Too early to tell for sure, but it looks like it. Why else would they need a "retention pond" small shape right by seven seas lagoon, after all?